Where were the flags

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Re: Where were the flags

Thank you!! I was screaming at the TV, one of the reason Ben had all the time he had was the holding, I'm not saying that our D was good but I never seen a team get away with so many holds. I believe that the Pats are the team that everyone hates so the refs let things slide, to even the playing field. We will get better. Most teams are playing with the same players, the ones that are are winning the ones that are newer aren't in sync yet, remember they couldn't preactice right away I just believe that they will connect. I don't see them giving up. But thank you for pointing that out, I dont like too because most men don't think a woman knows a lot about sports. I grew up with 6 brothers and we had season tickets to all the teams, God if only my Dad saw the value in them. I remember freezing my butt off in the old stadium watching Grogan and Russ Francis ( whom I loved, he could have been great if he put the time in) I did get to see the magical Celetics, worth Bird, McHale and the rest, the Bruins with Orr, but mostly the days of O'Reilly and the fights went to the old garden. Suffered through the Sox's many heartaches, Yaz pop up to 3rd base to end the season, many others too. So I am not a new fan, I don't live in MA anymore but still love my teams, I live in Yankee & now even worse Jets territory, NYC. But their are a lot if us, wearing our hats proudly!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

O.K.,  acknowleging that we lost because we flat got HANDLED, one of the reasons we got handled was because the Steelers were getting away with murder.  King mentions the arm bar, and there were several.  Not a shirt tug, or a collar grab, HE HAD THE GUY IN A HEADLOCK FOREVER, and no flag.  Those guys were extremely aggressive, and if they had gotten whistled for it early, maybe our defense could have gotten more done.  Pittsburgh played more physical, but a large part of that was stuff that was over the top, and without getting nailed much for it, they just kept doing it.  Bad zebras, and YES, I think that can influence the outcome of the game early on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Where were the flags:
    [QUOTE] As a Steeler fan, I kept noticing many times when it looked  like the Patriots offensive line was holding.No calls though!  The point being that there are many missed calls in every game. The play where the Patriot player hit Ben and almost knocked  him out of the game, if that same play happens to Brady, there's no doubt in my mind that a flag  would have been thrown. I'm not trying to be a smart-aleck or anything,but it surprises me that so many are trying to justify this loss on bad officiating. I've always been amazed at how accurate Tom Brady has been as a QB. Seemed to me that he threw some bad passes on Sunday, not used to seeing him missing receivers like he did. Hines Ward is the Steelers best  receiver in the red-zone. Would have been nice to have seen him out there when the Steelers got close to the end-zone. The Steelers dominated in time of possesion, pretty much shut down the Patriots running game, and Tom Brady did not have one of his better games. And you guys can't be happy with how unpatriot-like the defense has been playing this year, especially this past week. I can certainly understand your frustration and no one  is ever satisfied after a loss, but using the refs as an excuse is the oldest cop-out in the book.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the Pats lost because of missed or blown calls, except maybe for the Gronk catch in the endzone at the end. The Pats lost because they were purely outplayed and coached, period.
    However, my point was if this is such an offensive based league, and week in week out we see CB's held accountable for holding/interference calls, it would have been nice to see some consistency in this game based on how games have been called up to this point.
    I'm not saying the Pats didn't hold and get away with it..I'm sure they did. But, as a Pats fan I notice more of course when the other team does it. And it seemed like the Pats WRs/TE's were consistently touched/bumped/pushed way beyond the 5 yard mark on virtually every play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I agree with you guys that the Gronkowski TD was a big play. All I was trying to point out is a lot of Steeler fans seem to complain more about Harrison & Woodley getting held when we lose, than when we win. As I watch the game, I notice holding on the other team a lot of times, but very seldom is it called. There were a couple of plays in the end zone where it looked to me that the Patriot defenders tugged at the receivers jersey. I didn't mean any disrespect, and I haven't lost one bit of respect for what a great organization the Patriots have. In hindsight, I wish I would have stayed out of it. I enjoy reading the posts on this site, and everyone has been 'very classy'. A lot of good topics and a lot of good people. Good luck against the Giants this week. I will say though, the Patriots sure have been handed a pretty tough schedule. Seems like every week you guys are playing a top team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]  I agree with you guys that the Gronkowski TD was a big play. All I was trying to point out is a lot of Steeler fans seem to complain more about Harrison & Woodley getting held when we lose, than when we win. As I watch the game, I notice holding on the other team a lot of times, but very seldom is it called. There were a couple of plays in the end zone where it looked to me that the Patriot defenders tugged at the receivers jersey. I didn't mean any disrespect, and I haven't lost one bit of respect for what a great organization the Patriots have. In hindsight, I wish I would have stayed out of it. I enjoy reading the posts on this site, and everyone has been 'very classy'. A lot of good topics and a lot of good people. Good luck against the Giants this week. I will say though, the Patriots sure have been handed a pretty tough schedule. Seems like every week you guys are playing a top team.
    Hey, Steel, the common theme here is when you lose, fans invariably point to lack of penalties called against the other team or felt the flags against their team were unjustified. See it week in and week out. Even your own fans do the same as you said!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I agree with Lemonhead avatar (very  good avatar.....I hear they're touring for that album). If its a league-wide epidemic it will be addressed at some point, however, when you get outplayed and outcoached you look within (seems some are obviously doing that). Lebeau had Brady's # and he's one of the best DCs in the business. No real shame in losing a tough road game to a team that is playing the best it has all year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I agree with Lemonhead avatar (very  good avatar.....I hear they're touring for that album). If its a league-wide epidemic it will be addressed at some point, however, when you get outplayed and outcoached you look within (seems some are obviously doing that). Lebeau had Brady's # and he's one of the best DCs in the business. No real shame in losing a tough road game to a team that is playing the best it has all year.

Big Julianna Heitfield fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

should have been one on that head and shoulders sissy polamula for wrenching Welkers neck on that neck tackle he made.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

Your 100% correct Agcsbill. I was wrong to even  add my 2 cents, Patriot fans & Steeler fans have been pretty fortunate to follow a team that is usually in the thick of things, come playoff time.   To remain near the top, year in & year out without many high draft picks is certainly a sign that someone is doing something right. And your right, Steeler fans can whine with the best of them!..lol
     Response to Re: Where were the flags:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were the flags : Hey, Steel, the common theme here is when you lose, fans invariably point to lack of penalties called against the other team or felt the flags against their team were unjustified. See it week in and week out. Even your own fans do the same as you said!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

hOLDING HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, SO THEY OBVIOUSLY LET A FEW GO. hOW THE WHOLE CREW MISSED pOLA PUNCHING THE BALL IS A MYSTERY, B/C THE WHOLE REST OF THE WORLD SAW IT. Pardon the typo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]  If the league has changed how PI will be called I wish they would let the fans know before hand. It's like an umps strike zone. As long as they are consistant then everyone is happy. 
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]
    HECK I want the PATS to be able to use the same rules associated with the PI calls as the steelers got away with all game.  I also feel the same way about the HOLDING calls....Both Love and WILFORK had horsecollars all day long. 

I agree the Pats were probably holding ( and I saw a few myself) but they were nowhere near as blatant as what the steelers got away with during that game.

The difference was the steelers got away with HUGE penalties.... but the pats got away with a few dingers too... as has been said here before.... on almost any play there is a penalty to be called.... but the blatant ones "Spearing, fgacemask, helmet to helmet" shoud always be called.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]  I agree with you guys that the Gronkowski TD was a big play. All I was trying to point out is a lot of Steeler fans seem to complain more about Harrison & Woodley getting held when we lose, than when we win. As I watch the game, I notice holding on the other team a lot of times, but very seldom is it called. There were a couple of plays in the end zone where it looked to me that the Patriot defenders tugged at the receivers jersey. I didn't mean any disrespect, and I haven't lost one bit of respect for what a great organization the Patriots have. In hindsight, I wish I would have stayed out of it. I enjoy reading the posts on this site, and everyone has been 'very classy'. A lot of good topics and a lot of good people. Good luck against the Giants this week. I will say though, the Patriots sure have been handed a pretty tough schedule. Seems like every week you guys are playing a top team.

NO WAY feel free to come talk whenever... I like the different view.

I KNOW that penalties can be called all the time... but YOUR team got away with a bunch of major penalties (already mentioned before)... YEP I am sure the OL for the pats got away with some holding..... but I am sure that your DB's got away with a lot of early hits.   MY concern is that "When the refs allow one team to be aggressive to the extreme" and do not allow the other team to play the same way then the refs determine the game. 

YOUR team played their game.. and the PATRIOTS were not prepared for that game plan.....   but Branch, Wleker, Price, all got savagely mauled.  When our team used to do that stuff... even fans from your team used to whine about how they were being allowed to do what they want.....  WELL....  You guys were right.... YOUR team was being allowed to do what they wanted.  Facemask/SPearing.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE] Your 100% correct Agcsbill.....  And your right, Steeler fans can whine with the best of them!..lol  Response to Re: Where were the flags :
    Taking your last line and adjusting:  And your right, (insert your team name here) fans can whine with the best of them!  LOL
    It isn't life and death, though, as some seem to take it!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Mike "the clock wizard" carey is a wimpy ref who won't make the tough calls, or he has contempt for the pats.  Either way we lost an away game to the steel in a violently hostile stadium. 

Interesting that the  last game he screwed us in can be partially avenged this weekend ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Lemonhead avatar (very  good avatar.....I hear they're touring for that album). If its a league-wide epidemic it will be addressed at some point, however, when you get outplayed and outcoached you look within (seems some are obviously doing that). Lebeau had Brady's # and he's one of the best DCs in the business. No real shame in losing a tough road game to a team that is playing the best it has all year. Big Julianna Heitfield fan.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Lemonheads are my favorite Boston band of all time (even better than the Pixies). I've read that Dando is clean now and that makes me happy and I would love to see them tour that album with Julianna. I saw the Lemonheads in 93 or 94 in San Diego and he was a mess. It was such a disappointment but that's rock n roll i guess. And the Steelers still won fair & square. The better team won and I hope we get a rematch. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

It's not a stretch to say these blown noncalls affected the outcome ...:

Holding Love 1st qtr.  ten yard penalty in red zone usually results in field goal .  Subtract 4 points .

Pass Int. Price. 4th qtr. 40 Yards.  add 3 points pats.

No safety .  Subtract 2 points .

Total:  Steel 25-6....  19
      . . . .  Pats  17&3...  20

Different game entirely... Thanks , NFL officials , for another blatantly lame effort 

BTW, did you see the phantom offensive pass int. penalty that saved the Giants from losing to the winless dolphins ...?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were the flags :  Lemonheads are my favorite Boston band of all time (even better than the Pixies). I've read that Dando is clean now and that makes me happy and I would love to see them tour that album with Julianna. I saw the Lemonheads in 93 or 94 in San Diego and he was a mess. It was such a disappointment but that's rock n roll i guess. And the Steelers still won fair & square. The better team won and I hope we get a rematch. 
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

Saw the Red Hot Chilli Peppers at a club in Toronto. End of the tour and they were wasted and put on a terrible show. Weren't tight at all, very sloppy. Big fan of the Deal sisters. Chicks that play rock n roll is major turn-on. GF thinks Santiago is best guitar player of all time......of such things a great relationships founded....

Pitt outplayed the Pats, but I do not think it is the end of the world. Being the Colts and not getting Luck (2nd or 3rd overall pick) would be complete misery.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where were the flags : Saw the Red Hot Chilli Peppers at a club in Toronto. End of the tour and they were wasted and put on a terrible show. Weren't tight at all, very sloppy. Big fan of the Deal sisters. Chicks that play rock n roll is major turn-on. GF thinks Santiago is best guitar player of all time......of such things a great relationships founded.... Pitt outplayed the Pats, but I do not think it is the end of the world. Being the Colts and not getting Luck (2nd or 3rd overall pick) would be complete misery.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

The first two Breeders albums are excellent. Never listened to any of the newer ones. I think drugs destroyed them just like it destroyed the Lemonheads. I lived in Mass when the Pixies were the coolest band in America. Never bothered to see them once. I always figured I'd see them next time around, never happened. They broke up before i got around to it. It's like living in Liverpool in from 1962 to 1965 and saying I'll see the Beatles later, they'll never break up.
     I'm hoping Stanford runs the table so we can see Luck against one of these SEC defenses. I remember how Reggie Bush was can't miss. I think Luck is a great college player but ESPN dishes out so much hype that I can never tell anymore. They say he is the best QB prospect since Elway. Elway was great but I felt Marino was better, but he never had a defense until he got older. Now that there is a rookie salary cap there is little risk in drafting Luck. 
    If they recieve good coaching i feel there are all star caliber quarterbacks in almost every draft. Roethlisberger has been better than Eli in my opinion and the pressure on Luck will be immense. Aaron Rodgers was skipped over by many teams including his home town team who desperately needed a QB at the time. 

Sections
Shortcuts