Where were you when the Pats won their first Super Bowl?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: Where were you when the Pats won their first Super Bowl?

I was living in Florida at the time and a few of my neighbors who were from Michigan were also cheering for the Patriots because Brady played QB at Michigan.

I think all of Florida heard me yelling and cheering during that game.  After it was over, I had about 15 telephone calls from family and friends from MA.  I'll never forget it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Good question and great memories. That win was magic. I will never forget the team running through the tunnel onto the field together. Caught everyone by surprise and summed up their unselfish team first attitude.
    Watched the game with my two brothers and a few hundred friends on a huge movie size screen at a party thrown by a local pub in a then vacant theater. The place was rocking. When Adam made the winning kick I thought we were literally going to blow the roof off the place.
    Local tv stations were on hand to capture the fan madness which was one of the best adrenaline rushes I've ever had. Wow- that win was sweeeeet.
    GO PATS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jumbo. Show jumbo's posts

An amazing thing.  It was the day after the Patriots fell to 0-2, Bledsoe had gotten hurt, and some nobody named Brady had filled in.  I came to work with a feeling, and bet a huge sports fan, a big gambler who had snookered me many times in the past, 10 bucks that the Pats would win the super bowl.  I liked what I had seen in Brady, and I just had a feeling.  He gave me 50:1 odds, which I was probably moronic to take.  But I did.  I watched my pay day materialize from my apartment on Mass ave w/my wife.  Afterwards, there was lots of screaming outside, and we joined in from our window.

I have a feeling this year as well...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

I was at a super bowl party at my next door neighbors house, we live just outside St. Louis.....they hung an effigy in their tree and everthing! Needless to say, at the end I was yelling "Cut that man down" over and over again, until they did! Boy, you want to see some shocked Rams fans, I had a front row seat!!!!!KMc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

my wife and i watched the game at a friend's place. it's one of the lofts above that beer place at the corner of brookline and landsdowne. it's the building that you'd hit (or almost hit) if you were driving from landsdowne and you did not tur left or right.

by the time we came down there was a huge crowd going crazy at kenmore. in a car we tried to drive through just to see the celebration, but when we saw that kids were jumping on top of cars we just decided the other way towards the hospitals.