where would you take jenkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

where would you take jenkins

what round would j jenkins have to fall to for you to be willing to select him in the draft?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: where would you take jenkins

Not another Janoris Jenkins thread!!! There have already been three before yours, asking the same question. I don't see the Pats taking him. But, some team will likely take a chance on him in round two.

That said, there's another Jenkins, Illinois WR A.J. Jenkins, who is an ascending player. The Pats could consider him, if he's still around, at either pick #63, or #93: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=83167  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

nate if bb clears him off the field, ie for the future.
    id take him in the first and or as low as i could be assured to get him.
    i dont know he even makes it to 27
    but he could also fall to top half rd 2.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Some teams have taken him off their draft boards completely.  The Pats are probably one of them.  Jenkins still seems to think that what he does off field as no bearing on playing pro ball. 

Here's a link.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/

Profootballtalk had another story on him but I couldn't find the silly thing.  He drops out of the 1st round and if the talk is true may take a serious drop until the Raiders can scoop him up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: where would you take jenkins:
    Some teams have taken him off their draft boards completely.  The Pats are probably one of them.  Jenkins still seems to think that what he does off field as no bearing on playing pro ball.  Here's a link.  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/12/janoris-jenkins-kept-smoking-at-north-alabama/ Profootballtalk had another story on him but I couldn't find the silly thing.  He drops out of the 1st round and if the talk is true may take a serious drop until the Raiders can scoop him up.
    Posted by garytx

I can see Philly and/or the Ravens taking a chance on him, in round 2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skorpion76. Show skorpion76's posts

I would draft him in the first round if he falls to us. This kid is a stud and someone will probably scoop him up in the middle of the first. With the rookie scale in place whats the worst that can happen? He has the potential to be one of the best at the corner position.

We def need defensive help all over the place but drafting him will shore up the cornerback spot for years to come. Drafting Dline or backers are such a gamble. I just think Jenkis could come and start day 1...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from peterok. Show peterok's posts

I would take him to Mass General...to get himself a vasectomy, before he becomes the next Cromarti-Octodad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: where would you take jenkins :      I can see Philly and/or the Ravens taking a chance on him, in round 2.
    Posted by TexasPat

I'm surprised that you would pick these two teams.  They have parallels with the Pats on how they draft and would think them to have Jenkins off their draft board.  He'll probably go in the 2nd round to somebody just because of the talent this guy brings to the field but buyer beware. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If they trade back #31 and if they had an extra pick in the mid-late 3rd I might take a chance on him then, or if he makes it to the 4th but not sooner. This is the Pats chance to get some top end talent on the D side of the ball and I wouldn't want to spend an early pick on the type of character that BB just spent the last 2-3 years removing from the locker room completely. A mid round pick you can play the same game you did with Hern (ie we'll pay you like you were taken a round earlier but their is a clause if you mess up it all disappears) and maybe they turn their life around but you can't do that with a 1st or 2nd round pick. The kid has high upside but I question his decision making, ability to learn, ability to recognize when something is wrong, and his maturity. If getting kicked out of Florida didn't set him straight then what makes anyone believe getting draft with an early pick will do anything to change that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I would draft him in the first round if he falls to us. This kid is a stud and someone will probably scoop him up in the middle of the first. With the rookie scale in place whats the worst that can happen? He has the potential to be one of the best at the corner position. We def need defensive help all over the place but drafting him will shore up the cornerback spot for years to come. Drafting Dline or backers are such a gamble. I just think Jenkis could come and start day 1...
    Posted by skorpion76

The kid has a lot of baggage.  He's still smokin' weed and gives the appearance of he's bigger than the NFL.  Bad combo.  Vontaze Burfict is another that has a lot of talent but because of his attitude may not get drafted at all.  Cleveland is rumored to be the one to pick Burfict up but the it's based on the reasoning they have a slew of picks this year.
    To shore up a spot for years to come you need to be sure he'll stay on the team by keeping his nose clean.  Jenkins attitude says otherwise.  Teams have dropped him from their draft board which means this kid is trouble.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Hernandez smoked a little weed and dropped to the 4th round. That's where i would take Jenkins

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

There is a big difference between an 18 year old kid and a 22 year old man. Some people grow up late others never. Some one will gamble on him in the top 40 picks. BB usually doesnt take those kinda chances and I do not see him changing now. Moss was a jerk and fell to the high teens if I remember. He prove to be great while his jerkiness got a little better. Notice I said little.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If I were BB, fifth round.  If I were Mike Tannenbaum of the Jets, third round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I know I am in the minority but I agree with Brdbreu. I like this kid and I would take him at the end of the first round. I would take him over Barron the safety form Alabama. Folks conveniently forget that Barron needs to improve his tackling skills (a little).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: where would you take jenkins : I'm surprised that you would pick these two teams.  They have parallels with the Pats on how they draft and would think them to have Jenkins off their draft board.  He'll probably go in the 2nd round to somebody just because of the talent this guy brings to the field but buyer beware. 
    Posted by garytx

The Ravens took problem child Jimmy Smith last year, and it worked out for them. They are the modern day Oakland Raiders.

The Eagles have two second round picks, and might gamble one on him, due to need. They badly want to rid themselves of 31 year old Asante Samuel, and his bloated contract. Thirty year old Nmadi Asomugha has been an overpaid disappointment...and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has disappointed as well.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skorpion76. Show skorpion76's posts

I know I am in the minority but I agree with Brdbreu. I like this kid and I would take him at the end of the first round. I would take him over Barron the safety form Alabama. Folks conveniently forget that Barron needs to improve his tackling skills (a little).
    Posted by Quagmire3

I'm with you and Brdbreu!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by Quagmire3

Really? Where are you getting this from? Barron led his team in tackles this year, with 75. Here is Mel Kiper's anaysis on him:

Analysis: Barron is the glue that held the Alabama deep patrol together. He excelled in the SEC during his three seasons as a starter, helping lead the team to two national titles. He can work effectively in the box while also making big plays in coverage. Barron is a punishing tackler who goes about his business every week in a workman-like manner. He did have hernia surgery in January which affected his ability to participate in the pre-draft processes such as the Senior Bowl and Combine, but he was able have his pro day in late March and is on his way to returning to full strength. The injury will have absolutely no affect on his final draft position. When you watch Barron on tape, it’s easy to see how he was the main entity in Nick Saban’s secondary. In my opinion, this kid played to the level of a mid-first round pick over the last two seasons.

This from DraftScout:
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=81868&draftyear=2012&genpos=SS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I like Barron and would take Barron over Jenkins in a heartbeat.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skorpion76. Show skorpion76's posts

I like Barron and would take Barron over Jenkins in a heartbeat.
    Posted by TFB12

How about both? Barron at 27 and Jenkins at 31?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: where would you take jenkins : How about both? Barron at 27 and Jenkins at 31?
    Posted by skorpion76

Barron will be a top 20 pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skorpion76. Show skorpion76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: where would you take jenkins :      Barron will be a top 20 pick.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE

I agree Barron will more than likely be gone and I would grab Jenkins at 31. But if Barron falls to 27 can you imagine how sick our defensive backfield would be with those 2 plus DMC, Ras I and Chung?!?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: where would you take jenkins : I'm surprised that you would pick these two teams.  They have parallels with the Pats on how they draft and would think them to have Jenkins off their draft board.  He'll probably go in the 2nd round to somebody just because of the talent this guy brings to the field but buyer beware. 
    Posted by garytx

Here's more proof that the agles may be will to risk their 46th overall pick on CB Janoris Jenkins, should he still be available: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20120420_Les_Bowen__Eagles
    _rethinking__character_.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's more on the Eagles possibly considering Jenkins:

"That was Roseman’s theme throughout — that the team would draft the best player available regardless of position. He added that could change if there are two players available who are close in grade, which, in that case, the Eagles would take the player who fits a need.

Needs, Roseman said, will be addressed in the middle-to-later rounds, which come Friday and Saturday.

As for avoiding players with character issues, such as cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins from North Alabama and Montana’s Trumaine Johnson, both of whom could be available in the second round, there may be a subtle shift in the way the team thinks.

Whereas the Eagles used to have very little tolerance for players with a trouble-tainted resume, Roseman said, “We’re trying to make some rules, some limitations that are deal breakers for us. Without going into specifics, I think there are things that we’re uncomfortable bringing into our building, things that we would be uncomfortable proposing to ownership about the guy and the player and the person. And the same time, we’re trying to be less judgmental about young men in their 20s in college living a college lifestyle.” http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/eagles/roseman-sheds-a-little-light-on-impending-eagles-draft/article_c20b3a26-ee2e-5a05-8ee8-260145daa8bc.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbetourne. Show rbetourne's posts

I am sorry, but I would take him either w/the second 1st round pick, or the first second round pick.  The kid is a stud---and Hernandez had the same "baggage".  It will really come down to what Urban Meyer tells BB.  I think Barron will be gone before we have any picks.  The perfect draft would be  Barron, Jenkins, Perry and the DT from UConn or Mich St.  That would shore up our defensive backfield--fast.  Young, athletic hitters.  Pash rushing LB and stud DL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I am sorry, but I would take him either w/the second 1st round pick, or the first second round pick.  The kid is a stud---and Hernandez had the same "baggage".  It will really come down to what Urban Meyer tells BB.  I think Barron will be gone before we have any picks.  The perfect draft would be  Barron, Jenkins, Perry and the DT from UConn or Mich St.  That would shore up our defensive backfield--fast.  Young, athletic hitters.  Pash rushing LB and stud DL.
    Posted by rbetourne

Come now...this guy is not in the same class as Hernandez. Was Hernandez' conduct so bad that he got kicked off the team? Does Hernandez have Cromatie syndrome like Jenkins, who, thus far, has had 4 children with three different women?

Sections
Shortcuts