Wheres Adilus Thomas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Wheres Adilus Thomas?

In Response to Re: Wheres Adilus Thomas?:
    The coaching staff dumbed down the offense for Cassel and took advantage of an incredibly easy schedule to go 11-5 despite him, not because of him. That 11-5 was not good enough to make the playoffs should tell you all you need to know about just how easy the AFC East had it that year. Sorry Killa . . .   Matt Cassel isn't anything like legit. YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT 2009  KAN  15   271   493    55.0 2924   5.9   16    61    16      5     69.9  
    Posted by p-mike

Then we turned a guy who hadn't even started a game in the college level into another 2nd rd pick. I think Patrick Chung. I think with that offense and themore then friendly schedule we could have stuck any scrub who had no experience in and he would have gone at least 11-5.....and that's just what we did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wheres Adilus Thomas? : Then we turned a guy who hadn't even started a game in the college level into another 2nd rd pick. I think Patrick Chung. I think with that offense and themore then friendly schedule we could have stuck any scrub who had no experience in and he would have gone at least 11-5.....and that's just what we did.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

We would have been 11-5 with JaMarcus Russell? The number one pick in the draft? Nope. No-one is going to agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I thought this thread was about Adilus?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Wheres Adilus Thomas? : We would have been 11-5 with JaMarcus Russell? The number one pick in the draft? Nope. No-one is going to agree.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Why-not? He has better arm strength then Cassel and he would have been surrounded by a very strong supporting cast. Not to mention the deep ball connects a little more often when Randy Moss is the recipient. I would argue we may have made the play-offs with a guy who could throw the ball past 40 yards.

I will say I much rather would have had a veteran scrub over a rookie scrub but I guess my main point is....Matt Cassel was not the reason we had 11 wins. He was given the keys to a Cadillac and what do you know he looked good driving it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Wes Welker was the reason we had 11 wins. Cassel managed the games well. he ran well and he improved every game. If "dumbing down" can make a guy who never started a game since high school win 11 maybe we should do some of that with Brady. If the Pats had a good running game and cassel won 11 well then yeah maybe it wasnt really him. But we dont and didn't. Its a pass, pass, run on 3rd and 3 and not make it kinda system. Was back then anyway. I watched many of the KC games last year on  the NFL package and cassel did a great job with out a line and not a lot of help on offense. Personally I hope he does well he was a good Pat when he was here.

Sections
Shortcuts