Which cut surprises you the most?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Which cut surprises you the most?

For me its Justin Francis. I thought the kid came on at the end of last year and looked good this preseason. Thought he was a lock. Ballard, Cunningham and Fells are not major surprises, Mesko was a little surprising but going into a contract year you can see why they stuck with Ryan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Re: Which cut surprises you the most?

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

For me its Justin Francis. I thought the kid came on at the end of last year and looked good this preseason. Thought he was a lock. Ballard, Cunningham and Fells are not major surprises, Mesko was a little surprising but going into a contract year you can see why they stuck with Ryan.

I agree with your surprises. One thing we've learnt in recent years is that the press will ask BB about what he thinks of a certain player and most times he does give them very good reviews. He did that with Mesko and Ballard not long ago. So even though he's cut players after a good reviews it still comes as somewhat of a surprise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Forston. Not a lot of depth at DT, and I thought he looked pretty good.

"Defense Wins Championships"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Josh Kline. The only hope is he can be buried on the PS, but I think some team will sign him.

I see a Philly cut their 2011 1st rd pick, Dannny Watkins, and think what a luxury we have with how we find OL and have Scar here.

I thought he was a lock based on his play and Connolly/Cannon's preseason nagging injuries.

They may like Chris McDonald because he has Center experience???? Not sure there.

Mesko is a surprise, too, based on the quality he brought and the fact he was very smooth as a holder.  We have a kicker with mental issues and now we have a new holder, too. Maybe it's Mallett or Allen can improve and do the job there.

I think Francis and Cunningham just couldn't get on the field, but something has to be up because I only see Joe Vellano as the lone DT player currently still here.

Something is most definately up because even though Belichick will go thin into a season at certain spots, defensive line is not one of them. I imagine one of our backs could be getting traded, or a future pick...I just hope we are not waiting around for table scraps off the training camp cuts. People keep mentioning Seymore, but I think that bridge has been burned down and Seymore has to be 34 years old by now.

I was never a Kyle Love fan, but maybe they cut that cord too soon, also the Deaderick cut surprised me a bit (I liked him better than Love).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

More than anyone cut  -  FB James Develin making the team was my biggest surprise (the are carrying 6 running backs) . . .

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to wiggerjoe's comment:

Hernandez, that guy could play.I think the Pats were being Racist.

He does have killer moves!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The return of the banana. It is like bad horror movie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Mesko and then Forston/Francis. DT depth scared me even with those guys, hopefully some help is on its way. God forbid big Vince or even Kelly gets hurt. They'll be in the same position they were in the last couple years with JAGS anchoring the line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

The cut that's surprised me the most is the one that coming in the next hour. I could be wrong but I have a feeling were in for a big surprise. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Mesko. Border line pro bowler last year. Outplayed Allen this year. Mesko cut due to salary....is this salary cap hell? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Josh Kline. The only hope is he can be buried on the PS, but I think some team will sign him.

I see a Philly cut their 2011 1st rd pick, Dannny Watkins, and think what a luxury we have with how we find OL and have Scar here.

I thought he was a lock based on his play and Connolly/Cannon's preseason nagging injuries.

They may like Chris McDonald because he has Center experience???? Not sure there.

Mesko is a surprise, too, based on the quality he brought and the fact he was very smooth as a holder.  We have a kicker with mental issues and now we have a new holder, too. Maybe it's Mallett or Allen can improve and do the job there.

I think Francis and Cunningham just couldn't get on the field, but something has to be up because I only see Joe Vellano as the lone DT player currently still here.

Something is most definately up because even though Belichick will go thin into a season at certain spots, defensive line is not one of them. I imagine one of our backs could be getting traded, or a future pick...I just hope we are not waiting around for table scraps off the training camp cuts. People keep mentioning Seymore, but I think that bridge has been burned down and Seymore has to be 34 years old by now.

That would be quite interesting, but I agree it would appear Seymour is still butt hurt over being dealt on Labor Day in 2009, having to move his family, school, etc.

There has to be something.  Even if using more 3-4, if that is more of what we'll see, you can't just carry only 3 DTs.

It's either a trade or they know of a DT that will be cut who can be added in a rotation.

I know the Giants had Patterson on their bubble. He played with Philly. Fat load bowling ball type.

Wasn't he a former first round pick of the Eagles? This guy has had two seizures if I remember correctly...still you are right...he's a big, short plugger. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to HOTBLITZ's comment:

The cut that's surprised me the most is the one that coming in the next hour. I could be wrong but I have a feeling were in for a big surprise. 

That's awfully cryptic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I think there may be some interesting DL cuts from teams like Giants, Eagles and even the Fins. Same with some O-line folks. Today is just the start of 53 man roster moves could be a few new faces arriving over the next few days.

I also think with Pats already playing over 50% in sub packages and with all the running QBs now starting in the league we may see more 3-4 or 2-5 lines in terms of guys actually in three point stances. Easier to confuse blocking assignments, overload pass rushes, etc. And there are few true smash mouth running teams out there where your really want serious beef on the line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggerjoe. Show wiggerjoe's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I dont believe in ghosts,one time though I bought some fruit at Kroger.He did make my life a horror movie till I found the light switch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]I dont believe in ghosts,one time though I bought some fruit at Kroger.He did make my life a horror movie till I found the light switch.

[/QUOTE]

very punny

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

+1 considering there was good DT players in FA and a great DT draft and we passes on all of them it's shocking we go into the season with 2 vet DT's and a UDFA DT as the only backup

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The dline...all of them. We are razor thin at the moment, but as some have eluded to, something is cookin. 

Any thoughts on a trade? 

Mesko was surprising by itself. But, if the goal is to free up more coin, then I have to believe they plan to use it on a vet or begin extensions on current roster now? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Ditto. None of them really surprise me. If I had to choose one or two it would be that and perhaps cutting BOTH blocking TEs Fells and Ballard. 

They made themselves thin at those roster spots, even if the starters are quality. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Mesko, sort of ... too. It's not that he was great or anything, but personally, I would have assumed a change at kicker.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Mayo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

thanks all for your contributions. Guess we never know what BB is up to!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

1. Didn't Kline make the roster?

2. Agree with Francis and Fortson, both surprising though I think both could be back at some point.

3. Mesko made sense because we had the luxury to sign Allen, awarded the Ray Guy award two seasons in a row in college as the best punter in the nation.  We saved money cutting Mesko, this also makes sense with Fells and Ballard, when you have a young kid who do the same or better for less, that shaves money off your overhead.

4. Develin, I couldn't have been more wrong about him, though I still think he could be sent down to the practice squad again at some point.  This might be a fullback revival in New England or a reaction to the loss of AHern.  The more James played the better he looked and he looked real good late, one on one blocking in the run game.

This roster isn't finished, there are moves to be made. At DT Belichick knows he has Armstead coming to spell him 6 games in, so there may be no need to panic. I think Bequette made the roster over some speed rushers because he has mass and can fill some holes, Vellano can also help us hold out until reinforcements arrive.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Given the level of competition I didn't find Mesko a huge surprise but I truly thought he'd make the cut. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

devlin making team, FB?  guess we are changing the ways