Which cut surprises you the most?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Which cut surprises you the most?

i'm shocked Bequette /Tavon Wilson made it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Mesko.  Given how good he is, how good a guy he seems to be, the emphasis BB puts on STs, and the not-huge salary difference, it seems like 1 of 2 (maybe both) considerations were in play. 

1) Allen is going to be lights-out special with a little experience

2) the Pats are in a serious $$ crunch

here's hoping it's #1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Forston. Not a lot of depth at DT, and I thought he looked pretty good.

"Defense Wins Championships"

Ditto. None of them really surprise me. If I had to choose one or two it would be that and perhaps cutting BOTH blocking TEs Fells and Ballard. 

They made themselves thin at those roster spots, even if the starters are quality. 

ZBell - I also felt that Forston played well enough to be kept.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Forston and Francis surprised me the most.  Not that they are irreplaceable, but because there is not a lot of D line depth and because I can't really say I've seen Bequette do enough to be on the roster.  BB's initial cuts sometimes surprise but I wouldn't be shocked to see one or more of the guys who were cut come back at some point. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

D line cuts have surprised me all along---going way back to the Love and Deaderick cuts.  Something's up here, I think.  Is BB changing his scheme some way we haven't realized yet?

Mildly surprised that neither Fells nor Ballard made the roster, but I thought BB might want to get to three TEs this year.  Just surprised at which three, but Sudfeld showed too much potential to get beat out by Fells or Ballard and Hoomanawanui was more versatile than Fells last year.  

I was increasingly expecting the FB--it's related to the drop in TEs. 

Six RBs seems high.  Wondering if we see Fells back and one of the RBs gone before long? (I still think this is a three TE team, but is Sufeld really ready on the blocking side?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

For me its Justin Francis. I thought the kid came on at the end of last year and looked good this preseason. Thought he was a lock. Ballard, Cunningham and Fells are not major surprises, Mesko was a little surprising but going into a contract year you can see why they stuck with Ryan.

I guess I was way off on the Bequette analysis LOL,

Moreso than the surprises for who got cut, I"m surprised and a little sour at the fact we had all this $$$ to spend and we end up with basically only 3 legit  starters in the backfield Mc, Talib, Dennard, and dennard, NO different than last year.   Last year passing allowed starts aren't accurate because the dynamic changed when we got talib, sent Mc to Safety.  The 2nd half stats were better, I'm still a little surprised we didn't upgrade the position.   Maybe our front 7 improvement will make the DBs look better.

Sections
Shortcuts