Which draft pick is your favorite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Which draft pick is your favorite?

Just curious who everyone is the most excited about and why.

I would have to say that I'm the most excited about Dobson. Harmon and Collins intrigue me a lot, but I'm so pumped to have a tall receiver with some decent downfield speed and great hands. If Gronk can get healthy this team is going to be deadly in the redzone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Which draft pick is your favorite?

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Just curious who everyone is the most excited about and why.

I would have to say that I'm the most excited about Dobson. Harmon and Collins intrigue me a lot, but I'm so pumped to have a tall receiver with some decent downfield speed and great hands. If Gronk can get healthy this team is going to be deadly in the redzone.

Im going wih Collins. i think this kid is what we needed in terms of being an ahlete and able to play multiple positions. I like Dobson but think the odds are against him breaking a big rookie season with our complex offense. Although if Gronk is Pup'd then he might be getting a lot of redzone looks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Yeah, Collins probably comes in second for me. People have been calling for a pass rusher and now that BB drafted one there are complaints? A lot of upside with him and he seems like a character guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Collins, not just because of the talent he is bringing but because of the unknown about him.  I had never really even heard of him prior to his name being called by K Faulk.

The versatility to play LB and DL makes him an interesting player to watch. Looking forward to seeing how he is moved around and his effectiveness at different spots on the D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

All of our Day 2 picks are intriguing for sure, but the guy I'm pretty excited to see is Buchanan.  This kid showed a ton of pass rush skill in 2011, but had a down year in 2012.  I'm really curious to see if he can regain that potential and become a quality pass-rusher for us.  I'm hoping for another Dennard-like 7th round steal out of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Collins.  His raw athleticism is ridiculous and although I like Dobson the history of rookie WRs making a big impact is pretty limited.  Collins might need some seasoning as well, but the potential is enormous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Matt Elam with the first round pick....err ahhh crappp

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dobson. He has a crazy high ceiling. Plus he has character. 

I agree with Kiper that he has the 2nd round potential to make people question why he was not top five. 

I hope he can live up to it. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Buchanan intrigues me the most, but I'm going with Collins. I think with a little luck he can take advantage of the double blocks Jones was getting last year. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Boyce - I think he's going to be the find of the draft.  He can line up all over, get deep, looks like a great YAC option and he has the overdrive gear that is very rare.  He almost looks like he's not running hard and then he just pulls away.

Collins - Can play all over.  A BB dream on defense.

Dobson - Should be fun watching him in single man or in the red zone.

I almost said Boyce...to me he looks like Boldin...same thickness, kind of a sneaky fast type. Not the type we usually go for, but I'm hoping he works out. The guy looks like a running back when he is running around out there. One of these two guys we selected is going to work out for us, and who knows? Maybe they both will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I generally believe we have improved fairly considerably in all phases of the game..

I am excited for the season - can't wait :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

dobson, i have a good feeling about dobson, we will all see - this year!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

I agree with Kiper that he has the 2nd round potential to make people question why he was not top five. 

ZBell I am right with you here.  The guy Dobson could be really big for TB and the O.  Great vertical, good hands, no drops, big and speedy.  Could be Bill's into something GOOD here!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArmyPatsFan. Show ArmyPatsFan's posts

I am excited about Boyce.  I've watched him play for TCU for the last several years and I really love what he brings to the plate.  He's got decent size, decent speed, good hands and is versitile.  He's lined up inside, outside, in the backfield and has made some great plays for the Horned Frogs.  Plus, he's strong, tough and can make big plays.  This is a real quality pick for the Patriots.  I am hoping for big things for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm going to have to go with Collins. I liked him before the draft and said he'd be my top LB choice if Pats went LB. He has pass rushing ability but more important to me is that he is an above coverage LB, something we've been sorely lacking.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

I'm going with the one that can stay on the field . . . seems to be too big of a problem with the Pats lately . . .  not even sure Boyce will play this year with the foot, then with Edelman's foot the best new player may end up being TJ Moe - an undrafted guy.  On defense it may well be Armstead  . . . so maybe two non-drafted guys will help this team the most.  I think Dobson will certainly help but I think he will help much more in the second year . . .  but if he can open up the underneath then he will be our MVP of this draft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Favorite: Dobson. Fits a need. Smart, fast , good route tree, good hands, character guy, smart, tall...he's what we need on the outside.

Most Intriguing: Buchanan. In 2011, he could have been a 1st round pick. In 2012, he looked terrible, which is why he lasted to the 7th round. If BB can get the 2011 Buchanan, we have found a starter.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Dobson w/ Boyce a close 2nd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

All of our Day 2 picks are intriguing for sure, but the guy I'm pretty excited to see is Buchanan.  This kid showed a ton of pass rush skill in 2011, but had a down year in 2012.  I'm really curious to see if he can regain that potential and become a quality pass-rusher for us.  I'm hoping for another Dennard-like 7th round steal out of him.

i am with you wazzu. for me its dobsoin and buchannon (which is what i said after the draft. they are both potential difference makers. if that potential can come through.

collins is going to have ot show me on the field before i get on that train (not that im at all reluctant). i think we should have gone carradine with our fist pick. hope it all works ouit.

be satisfying to lift a lombardi about now (for brady and bb). seems elusive at teh moment with the little baby steps we are taking while other playoff teams take leaps it appears.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Favorite: Dobson. Fits a need. Smart, fast , good route tree, good hands, character guy, smart, tall...he's what we need on the outside.

Most Intriguing: Buchanan. In 2011, he could have been a 1st round pick. In 2012, he looked terrible, which is why he lasted to the 7th round. If BB can get the 2011 Buchanan, we have found a starter.

thats what im hoping for.

dobsoin was on my predraft list. a player liek buchannon, with his skill set was as well,. just not him. 

my first comments seeing some video weer he looked more relentless after the qb than jones in the video i saw

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm going to have to go with Collins. I liked him before the draft and said he'd be my top LB choice if Pats went LB. He has pass rushing ability but more important to me is that he is an above coverage LB, something we've been sorely lacking.

hope hes elite at both!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

were you not on the draft thred this year? i brought him to the board and pounded the table for him eventually a few people agreed.