Which Era is More Difficult?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Which Era is More Difficult?

Since we seemed to not get an answer from a shy little individual as he claimed there is no difference between these two eras...

Let's see what the members think when comparing each era in terms of competition and the degree of difficulty, and what differences (if any), there may or may not be.

If you so choose to answer this, please leave a reason or reasons for your choice.

Discuss:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Which Era is More Difficult?

Not even close. Cap era is far more difficult....

1. More parity between teams
    2. Increased competition for talent
    3. Managing under or at the cap and trying to stay continually competitive 
    4. etc., etc., etc.

This is why BB I think is the greatest NFL coach of all time. He has more crap to deal with than Lombardi, Welch or any of the coaching elite. These days it's not just about systems and schemes, the finance side is just as important and BB has proved a mastery of it while giving us a competitive team for a decade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Cap era leveled the playing field so to speak as far money being spent/contracts and such which has moved more teams to the middle (8 and 8) Rules that we've just seen play out with Randy Moss in which weaker teams have first shot to get him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Cap era if you mean maintaining a dynasty. For sure.

re: Brady v Montana I still take Montana if I have to win one game. But Brady is the only guy after that. 

The cap era thing really speaks to BB's ability too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

The cap era for sure. And don't forget that free agency was essentially non existent prior to the cap. So it was much easier to maintain your roster when your players have no recourse but to play for you until you cut them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

To maintain a competative team definately cap is harder.

For player welfare...pre cap

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Who on God's Earth voted for a Time Before or Even simply Less: PRE-Free Agency of NFL Veterans with far lesser total contract years & years as NFL veterans & greater Player Association checks and balances so NFL teams don't abuse this so there's more FA's with smaller contract years/stipulations on contract years than ever, PRE-Substance Testing of far greater numbers of performance enhancing substances than ever each year, PRE-Roster Limitations based on Exact Number of players you can keep waiting in the wings for the future of your franchise, PRE-Team Salary Cap Stipulations & Ceiling Limitation of spending with far greater league office investigative control if & when they feel it's being abused, PRE-Far Greater Playbook/NFL Guideline Rulebook Changes per season and NFL Rule Changes even withIN seasons as of now, PRE-Revenue Sharing between franchises making more $ and those making less $, PRE-Far Greater Coaching changes/losses to other places in a far more successful game ("buyers market of coaching"), and finally PRE-Collegiate Athlete going to the Pros/and/or NFL free agent- limitations and controls based on NFL Scouts/NFL Teams wooing them (or attempting to), and when, and how...? 

...Jesus, WhoInTH voted that the Pre-Cap Era was tougher??!!  I wanna KNOW

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Which Era is More Difficult?:
    [QUOTE]Who on God's Earth voted for a Time Before or Even simply Less: PRE-Free Agency of NFL Veterans with far lesser total contract years & years as NFL veterans & greater Player Association checks and balances so NFL teams don't abuse this so there's more FA's with smaller contract years/stipulations on contract years than ever, PRE-Substance Testing of far greater numbers of performance enhancing substances than ever each year, PRE-Roster Limitations based on Exact Number of players you can keep waiting in the wings for the future of your franchise, PRE-Team Salary Cap Stipulations & Ceiling Limitation of spending with far greater league office investigative control if & when they feel it's being abused, PRE-Far Greater Playbook/NFL Guideline Rulebook Changes per season and NFL Rule Changes even withIN seasons as of now, PRE-Revenue Sharing between franchises making more $ and those making less $, PRE-Far Greater Coaching changes/losses to other places in a far more successful game ("buyers market of coaching"), and finally PRE-Collegiate Athlete going to the Pros/and/or NFL free agent - limitations and controls based on NFL Scouts/NFL Teams wooing them (or attempting to), and when, and how...?  ...Jesus, WhoInTH voted that the Pre-Cap Era was tougher??!!  I wanna KNOW ! 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Mr anonymous

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Cap Era is way more difficult to maintain a championship team unless you have a genious running your team then you can take advantage of the rest of the leagues idiots (read Raiders many times, Vikings, etc) ... ok just kidding but not really if you get my point!
    All I can say is thank god we have a great owner who brought us the greatest coach of all time in the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Which Era is More Difficult?:
    [QUOTE]Since we seemed to not get an answer from a shy little individual as he claimed there is no difference between these two eras... Let's see what the members think when comparing each era in terms of competition and the degree of difficulty, and what differences (if any), there may or may not be. If you so choose to answer this, please leave a reason or reasons for your choice. Discuss:
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Rusty and his twisted mind at work again.  Go back and read the posts moron.  We were discussing Brady vs. Montana and you made the idiotic arguement that Montana's 4 SB's were not as impressive as Brady's 3 because Montana played in the none cap era.

I said Montana would win 4 Super Bowls in any era because his greatness had nothing to do with the cap.  I will stand by that no matter how much you jump up and down crying about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What I figured.

It also sounds like one of our trolls can't connect the dots between the fact that degree of difficulty being higher in the cap era, means what a QB earns today is more impressive than what a QB earned in the pre cap.

Good work, Patsman.  You showed everyone you aren't very bright.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Who on God's Earth voted for a Time Before or Even simply Less: PRE-Free Agency of NFL Veterans with far lesser total contract years & years as NFL veterans & greater Player Association checks and balances so NFL teams don't abuse this so there's more FA's with smaller contract years/stipulations on contract years than ever, PRE-Substance Testing of far greater numbers of performance enhancing substances than ever each year, PRE-Roster Limitations based on Exact Number of players you can keep waiting in the wings for the future of your franchise, PRE-Team Salary Cap Stipulations & Ceiling Limitation of spending with far greater league office investigative control if & when they feel it's being abused, PRE-Far Greater Playbook/NFL Guideline Rulebook Changes per season and NFL Rule Changes even withIN seasons as of now, PRE-Revenue Sharing between franchises making more $ and those making less $, PRE-Far Greater Coaching changes/losses to other places in a far more successful game ("buyers market of coaching"), and finally PRE-Collegiate Athlete going to the Pros/and/or NFL free agent - limitations and controls based on NFL Scouts/NFL Teams wooing them (or attempting to), and when, and how...?  ...Jesus, WhoInTH voted that the Pre-Cap Era was tougher??!!  I wanna KNOW ! 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Our troll on this thread, "PatsMan2" voted for that.

PatsMan2 exposed again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Era is More Difficult? : Our troll on this thread, "PatsMan2" voted for that. PatsMan2 exposed again.

No I didnt vote for it moron, so wrong again.  Its amazing for someone that claims to be so smart, that your wrong so often. 

Your a legend in your on mind Rusty and a loser to the rest of us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]What I figured. It also sounds like one of our trolls can't connect the dots between the fact that degree of difficulty being higher in the cap era, means what a QB earns today is more impressive than what a QB earned in the pre cap. Good work, Patsman.  You showed everyone you aren't very bright.

So because you come on the board and claim 3 Super Bowls in the cap era is a greater feat then 4 in the pre cap era we are all suppose to just believe that?  Just what mental hospital do you reside in anyway?

If your arguement was so strong how come on the other post it is running about 8 to 2 in favor of Montana over Brady????  Geez this board must be filled with Pink Hat, Jet loving Trolls.  Will no one listen to Rusty!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Era is More Difficult? : No I didnt vote for it moron, so wrong again.  Its amazing for someone that claims to be so smart, that your wrong so often.  Your a legend in your on mind Rusty and a loser to the rest of us.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

"your"?

Please do not talk down to people here as a Jets troll and not even use correct grammar. It wasn't a typo either. You did it twice.

And, you did vote for it, "moron".

We're all laughing at your failed troll work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Era is More Difficult? : So because you come on the board and claim 3 Super Bowls in the cap era is a greater feat then 4 in the pre cap era we are all suppose to just believe that?  Just what mental hospital do you reside in anyway? If your arguement was so strong how come on the other post it is running about 8 to 2 in favor of Montana over Brady????  Geez this board must be filled with Pink Hat, Jet loving Trolls.  Will no one listen to Rusty!!!!!
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

Brady's career is still unfolding.

When Brady goes to 5 SBs and possibly wins his 4th ring, how on earth are you going to pretend Montana is better?

lmao

You're done.  Pick up that tail and stumble back home to Jersey, sonny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Era is More Difficult? : "your"? Please do not talk down to people here as a Jets troll and not even use correct grammar. It wasn't a typo either. You did it twice. And, you did vote for it, "moron". We're all laughing at your failed troll work.

Sorry Rusty not going to spell check so get use to it.  I think I just may make moree mistkas since it semss to annoyy youus so mcuh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I doesn't annoy me at all. It proves you have some education problems.

Have a nice day!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Era is More Difficult? : Brady's career is still unfolding. When Brady goes to 5 SBs and possibly wins his 4th ring, how on earth are you going to pretend Montana is better? lmao You're done.  Pick up that tail and stumble back home to Jersey, sonny.

Umm, yea thats right moron we are discussing who is better RIGHT NOW, based on the PRESENT.  We are not discussing who is better in Rusty's twisted little warped mind where Brady already has 5 SB's. 

Best part is, if Manning was to go on a tear and win 4 in a row and end up with 5 you would still be arguing Brady was better.  Most Homers can admit they are ones, but poor Rusty is lost in the fog.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Montana doesn't play in the present and never played in the cap era, "moron".

Go back to NY. 

You are getting toasted off the other thread. Badly.  Generally speaking, 99% of fans agree this cap era is far more difficult, which makes Brady's 4 SB appearances and 3 rings, the greatest regular season EVER, MORE impressive.

It's Montana and Brady and then everyone else since 1980, and the cap era is more difficult.

You think it's less because you can't put Brady above Montana.

lol!

Nice logic, Corky.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

How did we come back to Brady vs Montana in this post? 

I don't think one can say which QB is better because of cap vs. non-cap era. Certainly teams/owners/coaches/GM's have more to handle in the cap era in terms of staying competitive long term than pre-cap when you could load up. I don't think cap vs. pre-cap is a way to determine a QB's overall greatness..they each are great, and for different reasons, in different eras. Montana and Brady didn't have choices in which era they played. They just played and played to the best of their ability in each era period. 

What I will say is that fielding a competitive team for a decade in the cap era is much more difficult than fielding on in pre-cap. This is a testament to BB and RK, not necessarily 1 individual player. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I wanted to see how fans felt about the context of the eras.

I rationally explained that I now place Brady above Montana for the fact that the cap era is exceedingly more difficult to win in as compared to the pre-cap.

One of our resident trolls, did not like this opinion with substance behind it, so I wanted to see if others agreed with my reasoning.

It's a coin flip with Montana and Brady, and I am now favoring Brady />Montana for the reasons I explained.

What remains very clear, is that this era now is absolutely far more diffiicult.

It becomes a slam dunk if Brady wins another ring.

Somone had mentioned Montana's incredible rating in SBs, and it is incredible.

But yet again, when you look the pre cap era teams, you had a strong NFC in the 1980s, for example, and a relatively feeble AFC until the 1990s with the Bills and then later, the Broncos, generally speaking.

By the time any QB in the 1980s got into a SB, minus Jim Plunkett of all people, the NFC QB was great against the AFC SB rep.

It's just the way it was.   The AFC was terrible.

Today, with the AFC stronger than the NFC, the league is still clearly more balanced.

I would argue, as impressive as Montana was, he wouldn't be as great in this era.  As our resident troll pointed out, and as I said anyway, of course we don't know.

And that is exactly my point:

Montana's era was flat our easier than this one regardless of us seeing Montana playing right now.

Our troll disagrees and acts liek there is no difference in the two eras, which, as you can see, his beyond hilarious.

Just like he couldn't back up his premise yesterday, he's being exposed as a troll here.

It's the same idea when I saw Belichick wouldn't lose (I am half kidding here) in the Halas or Lombardi eras.

Call me a homer all day long, but what we are witnessing here is not only incredible from BB and Brady, but don't expect to see a coach and a QB (on the same team) this incredible again in our lifetimes.

Would Brady rather have had pre-cap, Bill Walsh for his career, Jerry Rice for 7 years, one stable coaching staff, O Line, WR and RB groups, quality TEs like Francis, Clark, Brent Jones, etc, A

I mean take a look at what Walsh brought in there and what he could keep to surround Montana?

It's not even remotely the same landscape. Imagine if Brady could have had Moss for more than he had, kept Branch, had a legit RB like a Roger Craig or a quality all purpose back like a Tom Rathman for more than one healthy season with a Corey Dillon, etc?

I mean, the list goes on and on. 

Montana's support structure was easier to maintain as compared to Brady's.

How is this aspect even debatable?

I repeat: Montana is the gold standard to me, too, but when you look at the entire context, could it be Brady's accomplishments not only rival Montana's, but his are more impressive?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Cap era is clearly more difficult in which to win multiple S/Bs for the many reasons already mentioned.

Not sure one can compare athletes from different eras.  Just too many variables to make the comparisons work, in my opinion.  Montana was great, Brady is great; one does not contradict or detract from the other.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Oh, I agree. They are both great.  It's not a coincidence Brady reminds people of Montana either.

Keep in mind the troll attacked me for my own personal choice of placing Brady now above Montana.

I am pretty sure my reasoning is very sound and filled with aspects to support it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, I agree. They are both great.  It's not a coincidence Brady reminds people of Montana either. Keep in mind the troll attacked me for my own personal choice of placing Brady now above Montana. I am pretty sure my reasoning is very sound and filled with aspects to support it.

I attacked you over your personal choice?  Laughable.  Everyone knows your histrionics Rusty.  You do the attacking.  Guess what.  I can have a personal choice to and its Montana.  Deal with it.

Sections
Shortcuts