WHICH MAJOR BOSTON PRO TEAM WILL WIN THE NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

WHICH MAJOR BOSTON PRO TEAM WILL WIN THE NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP?

With the Celtics, Sox and Pats all in the limelight and primed to be in the mix for trophies now and in the next few years, figure it is time to get some input here to gauge who you think will next get to the promised land spotlight. Sox to me are are another season away (2011). Celtics are in the best position as of NOW but are a bit old and creaky. Are one major injury away from any one of 8 guys to losing that edge. Pats must deal with Pittsburgh, Indy, Ravens and Broncs to get to get to the SB. Only Pittsburgh will pose a threat in the playoffs if Pats get homefield advantage. Only Indy and Pitt really scare me if we play them on the road. If we somehow make it to the SB, any number of NFC teams really scare me, from Minny, NYG, NO, or the resurgent Cardinals (esp since Miami plays indoors now). Even if Pats remain injury free, we have a long road. If we don't trade Brady in offseason, I believe next year is even more likely to be our year. For now, I have to roll with both the Celtics and Pats! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

Re: WHICH MAJOR BOSTON PRO TEAM WILL WIN THE NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP?

In Response to WHICH MAJOR BOSTON PRO TEAM WILL WIN THE NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP?:
    With the Celtics, Sox and Pats all in the limelight and primed to be in the mix for trophies now and in the next few years, figure it is time to get some input here to gauge who you think will next get to the promised land spotlight. Sox to me are are another season away (2011). Celtics are in the best position as of NOW but are a bit old and creaky. Are one major injury away from any one of 8 guys to losing that edge. Pats must deal with Pittsburgh, Indy, Ravens and Broncs to get to get to the SB. Only Pittsburgh will pose a threat in the playoffs if Pats get homefield advantage. Only Indy and Pitt really scare me if we play them on the road. If we somehow make it to the SB, any number of NFC teams really scare me, from Minny, NYG, NO, or the resurgent Cardinals (esp since Miami plays indoors now). Even if Pats remain injury free, we have a long road. If we don't trade Brady in offseason, I believe next year is even more likely to be our year. For now, I have to roll with both the Celtics and Pats! 
    Posted by choircontrarian

Hey Contrarian!!!  What's it like to be so SCARED of a NFC team????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: WHICH MAJOR BOSTON PRO TEAM WILL WIN THE NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP?:
    In Response to WHICH MAJOR BOSTON PRO TEAM WILL WIN THE NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP? : Hey Contrarian!!!  What's it like to be so SCARED of a NFC team????
    Posted by bradleyBliss
    i learn fro history my friend. no one worried about NFC in 07... how did that work out? In a neutral indoor, perfect condition area with teams that can fling it and run it while pressuring the QB with 4 man fronts, yep.. that scares me a bit. If we were just playg in Foxboro, NO would not scare me or the Cards. but NYG and Minny can play anywhere as long as Favre stays healthy. This year is this year. They should have beaten Pitt. Refs had to cover their bets I guess, so they lost that battle. We do not play the cards, MN, or NYG this year... Bel is not as good esp in a neutral site when he has not seen an opponent before. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

The NFC scares you...got to be kidding me.  The AFC is the better conferance and has been for the past 10yrs.  AFC has won 7 of the last 10 super bowls.  And remember NE killed AZ last season in the snow in foxboro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: WHICH MAJOR BOSTON PRO TEAM WILL WIN THE NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP?:
    The NFC scares you...got to be kidding me.  The AFC is the better conferance and has been for the past 10yrs.  AFC has won 7 of the last 10 super bowls.  And remember NE killed AZ last season in the snow in foxboro.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx
    That was last year my friend. AZ is much better and broader now! And they have more experience, having been through last year. AFC is better overall and with depth, but so what. I am talking about the top teams only. The NFC's 5 best teams can hang with the AFC's 5 best! SB is about the two teams not a random mixture of conference players like a Pro Bowl game or some inter-conference round robin! 

Sections
Shortcuts