Which part of the Colts game makes you sickest?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick1008. Show Rick1008's posts

Which part of the Colts game makes you sickest?

The pass interference.

That PI call that few are talking about brings back the pain of that phantom 'faceguarding' of the AFC championship game vs. Colts a few years ago.

Going for it on 4th down was the right call.  Not letting them score from the 1 in order to preserve time was the coaching/player mistake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: Which part of the Colts game makes you sickest?

What makes me sick is another 4th qtr lead was blown, the 4th qtr play calls on both sides of the ball; to soft on Defense and too many passes with the lead.  But what get me really sick is the fans of other teams: Colts, Jets, Chargers, Steelers after every Patriot loss the boards fill up with a-holes from other cities talking stuff, that is what I am sick of. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Maroney's fumble at the 2 yard line.

If he had it tucked away with both hands and got destroyed during his fumble, then I'd be more apt to understand (such as when Tinoisamoa wrecked Michael Turner earlier this year) because sometimes you can't withstand the hit no matter what you do.

But to see him holding the ball out with just his left hand without tucking it away at the goal line running into a crowd of people is just despicable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

running it on 1st and 10 on last drive
    not running 3rd and 2 when he knew he was going to go for it on 4th down
    not running 3rd and 8 to wear down the clock with 4 minutes to go
    not letting Colts in end zone to leave Brady enough time to march towards a winning field goal

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmo1679. Show wmo1679's posts

Add to Chris Collinworth and his Manning praise ALL game long

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

In Response to Re: Which part of the Colts game makes you sickest?:
    [QUOTE]Add to Chris Collinworth and his Manning praise ALL game long
    Posted by wmo1679[/QUOTE]

Seriously! That was unbelieveable! He didn't even try to hide it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakstreetfunding. Show oakstreetfunding's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which part of the Colts game makes you sickest? : Seriously! That was unbelieveable! He didn't even try to hide it!
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

Indy fan here. This is funny; most of Indy can't stand Collinsworth and his bias toward the Pat's!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phluff17. Show phluff17's posts

yeah, I'm a Pats fan, but he was definitely doing plenty of praising Brady too....talking about his perfect form on the bomb to Moss, how far he can throw, taking a hit when he knows its coming, etc.  I didn't notice him being biased towards Peyton.

Some fans just can't stand hearing objective people say anything great about players not on their team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]running it on 1st and 10 on last drive not running 3rd and 2 when he knew he was going to go for it on 4th down not running 3rd and 8 to wear down the clock with 4 minutes to go not letting Colts in end zone to leave Brady enough time to march towards a winning field goal
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

This made me sick leon

Actually it didnt....its pretty funny

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Obviously he hasnt made as many blunders as the 4-5 (started 3-0) jets. Its easy mumbbles, he makes the 4th and 2, none of this is said. I do like the picture, wow he is a puzzy (rex that is). Were you their to wipe up those wet eyes?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which part of the Colts game makes you sickest? : Indy fan here. This is funny; most of Indy can't stand Collinsworth and his bias toward the Pat's!  
    Posted by oakstreetfunding[/QUOTE]I could care less about what Collinsworth or any announcer has to say, what frost me is the officiating every game come 4th quarter the Colts will get one and normally two calls that just isn't an infraction. Call it what you must  but I call it FIX. Its not only this game it's all of the Colt's games. They're ruining the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It really is time to move on from this. There are positives to take from the game.

Yesterday, underdogg was in here saying, "If you take away all the Pats' big plays, they didn't really do very much (or words to that effect))." I don't mind that, really. That's what underdogg does and I've kind of become immune to him. But I was thinking last night that if you turn underdogg's take on its head, and imagine a positive result, the game looks a lot better.

Think of it this way: If the Pats don't turn the ball over twice in the endzone and optimize their trips to the red zone, they put up 56 on Indy. I have no real reason to believe that this can't happen in a potential rematch. History tells us that the Colts tend to play better in the regular season than they do in the playoffs, and while we can certainly expect Johnny Zebra to be deep in the Colts pocket -- he likes it there. It's safe and warm -- even that almost wasn't enough on Sunday.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Add to Chris Collinworth and his Manning praise ALL game long
    Posted by wmo1679[/QUOTE]

We knew going in that Collinsworth needs Manning's nuts badly. I was actually impressed with the way Chris was able to articulate clearly with his tongue so far up Peyton's @ss. But what really blew my mind was after Collinsworth just got done explaining how the reciever initiated the contact on the pass interference and that both players have a right to make a play on the ball (thus insinuating without actually saying it that it was a bad call -- and he was a receiver), he immediately follows that with "What a drive by the Colts!"

Yes, Chris, it was very impressive. Especially how they got half the yardage in the drive on a bogus PI call that you, yourself, just delineated.

Collinsworth actually doesn't bother me that much, but I think sitting next to the insipid Al Michaels is having its effect on him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveM1967a. Show DaveM1967a's posts

1.  Running the first 2 plays after Wilhite's pick.  We had it on the Colts 30 . Up 10 points.  A field goal only gets you up 13, still 2 scores.  A TD really puts game away.  But we run it up the middle first 2 plays.  WHY GO CONSERVATIVE!!!  Haven't we learned, you need to put the Colts away.

2.  Running the first play of the ill fated 4 and out.  Pass on that play and probably don't need 4th down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

The tentative play calling on both sides of the ball in the 4th. They had their number all night and stopped. Great points to this were already called out but how about Faulk not running it in the 4th? He was killing them and they brought Maroney back in?? BTW i'm officially off the Maroney comeback bandwagon.  

I just hope this has them so screaming mad they don't forget it and start wasting teams again like 07. The Jets will be a great start to start the rest of the season slaughter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Again, if the pats don't turn it over twice in the red zone, none of this matters...

Let's put the blame on the TEAM and not 1 call to go for it on 4th and 2.  If the offesnse is more efficient and the D can get one big stop, this game was theirs.  Credit the Colts for not giving up. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which part of the Colts game makes you sickest? : Indy fan here. This is funny; most of Indy can't stand Collinsworth and his bias toward the Pat's!  
    Posted by oakstreetfunding[/QUOTE]

Pats Fan here. I thought Chris was pretty even in his praises.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oakstreetfunding. Show oakstreetfunding's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which part of the Colts game makes you sickest? : I could care less about what Collinsworth or any announcer has to say, what frost me is the officiating every game come 4th quarter the Colts will get one and normally two calls that just isn't an infraction. Call it what you must  but I call it FIX. Its not only this game it's all of the Colt's games. They're ruining the game.
    Posted by sonieboy[/QUOTE]

Well then you're a bonehead! A "FIX"!?? You probably believe they pumped sound in too? Do yourself a favor and get out of the house a bit, smell the fresh air and wake up!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

JOKE of the pass interference! Zebras bail the colts out - it was on third down.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Clearly Prairie Mike hasn't settled all of this in his mind yet. 

My points last night were for me, somewhat.  Even if the colts don't get Hayden back this year, I don't see the 3 big plays happening again.  2 maybe.  If Hayden is back, I'll make it one. 

Given all of the unforced errors the colts made on Sunday, (dropped passes, bad throws, miscommunication) I actually feel better about the colts chances in a rematch.  The reason is that the pats played with the offensive precision that took them to the superbowl in 07 and the colts still won.  There is plenty for the colts to build on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I got confused Sunday night, I thought we had a rookie playing LT, why did it look like a rookie was playing RT?

It was a bad idea to go with a 5 WR formation on 4 & 2 when Mathis had been pushing Kazur around all game. Mathis had Kazur on the ropes and that forced Brady to throw to Faulk who happened to be next to Randy Moss, if Brady had time he would've saw Welker running against a LB.

The Patriots' defense was not the cause of the lose of the game. They held Peyton Manning to 14 points for 3 and a half quarters. Maroney's fumble gave the Colts life. Bill went for it on 4 & 2 because he didn't have enough people on the defense. He lost his best pass rusher, then his replacement, and Thomas and Burgess couldn't sniff the the QB.

By the fourth quarter, we only had 3 DL men, 4 LBs, and a boat-load of DBs.

The PI on Butler was a bad call. He was looking for Manning's pass, how the heck is he suppose to know where Collie is?

At the end of the day, the Pats lost and the Colts won. But if we happen to see the Colts in the future, I don't see us losing that game. Lighting doesn't strike twice, and Belichick doesn't choke twice in a season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Lets see, here are some options:

1.  Took away Dallas Clark for 3 Quarters - still couldn't win. 
    2.  Couldn't cover Reggie Wayne
    3.  Colts young receivers dropped balls all night - still couldn't win
    4.  21 points given up in the 4th Q????
    5.  No timeouts left to challenge the spot of the ball even though Mike Periera head of officiating said it wouldn't matter. 
    6.  Brady did not even see Antoine Bethea on the pick he threw. 
    7.  Manning threw a duck interception that was like free money - still didn't win
    8.  Manning threw a bad interception due to miscommunication with Wayne that was like free money - still didn't win. 
    9.  Belichick got the officiating he wanted - allowing his db's to manhandle colts receivers beyond 5 yards - still didn't win. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

JUST THE PART AT THE END WHERE WE LOST.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I saw numerous replays of the 4 & 2 play and the Faulk catch on  ESPN this morning.  There is a clear angle showing the front of Faulk and at no time was he bobbling the ball.  Also, he was CLEARLY past the 30 yard line BEFORE the Colt defender drove him back.  Forward progress, not the point after a defender hit the receiver and drives him back, is supposed to be the placement spot.  What is even worse, the lineman calling the bobble could only see Faulk's backside and the backside of the defender who was tackling him.  How did HE see the bobble?  At the worst, it would have been placed RIGHT ON the 30 yard line.  First down and we can only surmise what could have happened after that.  All the other stuff, the PI calls etc...  there were numerous opportunities for the Pats D to stop the Colts offense, we can't guess on this.  We can only surmise "what if" , if the Pats had been given that first down.

Anyway.... it is in the history books, move on to the Jests.  I am certain BB is giving the D all sorts of fire and brimstone to NOT for soft next time.

Sections
Shortcuts