Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lil-man027. Show lil-man027's posts

Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...

I dont think that there is no one on the Pat's young secondary that could stop Moss. If Im a liar, then tell me who.............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...

They don't have to. Farve can stop him all by himself. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

They will put McCourty on him for sure. It will be the biggest test yet for McCourty. The way I see it, Moss is the leagues third best WR behind Andre Johnson and Larry Fitz.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

It isn't a big secret that you can disrupt Randy by hitting him off the line early and often. He will be more motivated though and we have a few DBs who bite on sluggos.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's going to have to be McCourty, but the way you defend against the Vikings is by knocking Favre on his egotistical @ss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

It will be a mix of coverages. Plus they will blitz the pee out of Favre like everyone else has done. You cant go deep if someone is putting you on your rear.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Meh - just play a basic gameplan as you would in any other game, and adjust as necessary. Hit him at the line, and bracket him when necessary.

I really don't fear him that much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

i agree with the force favre into brainfarts strategy...he is one of the best ever at it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Favre simply isn't going to miss Randy when he's got at least 5 yards on McCourty.
    I'm not saying they can't beat the Vikes, but we'd be delusional to think anyone on this team can stop Randy without doubling him.

There's going to be some big-yard penalties in that game, and Favre will capitalize on it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

well BB knows randy better than anyone now...safety over the top on him, he will make his plays just dont let him run wild...but honestly, even if we do find a way to double and contain him peterson will probably run wild anyway

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...:
    [QUOTE]Favre simply isn't going to miss Randy when he's got at least 5 yards on McCourty. I'm not saying they can't beat the Vikes, but we'd be delusional to think anyone on this team can stop Randy without doubling him. There's going to be some big-yard penalties in that game, and Favre will capitalize on it. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

And no one thought they could stop Brandon Marshall. Marshall is all the receiver Moss is at this point in their careers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The real question is, why didn't BB trade Moss to the Vikings after the Vikings game. =D

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween... : And no one thought they could stop Brandon Marshall. Marshall is all the receiver Moss is at this point in their careers.
    Posted by uncommon13[/QUOTE]

They stopped Brandon with Brandon. They had Arrington play underneath and Meriweather up top. Meriweather is hurt, you think James Sanders can keep up with Moss? =D

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween... : And no one thought they could stop Brandon Marshall. Marshall is all the receiver Moss is at this point in their careers.
    Posted by uncommon13[/QUOTE]

Bingo. It's dumb to live in constant fear of a big play from a wide receiver. I'd much rather be able to consistently tackle tight ends in middle of the field, frustrate QBs in the backfield, and limit running backs to 2-3 yards/carry. Not saying we do all of those things well right now, by the way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

Put McCourty on Moss, pass rush Favre, and put lot points on the score board (Brady can do it)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PiBoy. Show PiBoy's posts

i agree with memery26, keep throwing 40+ yd to Moss is not going to work for the entire game. The game play gets old pretty fast. Remember, it didn't work for Pats when Moss was here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Under ideal conditions Bodden, but I'll take anyone that plays a physical five yard bump. The notion of Butler playing Moss (LCB/RCB thing) is frightening because Moss gets the jump ball, in that contest, nearly every time. Bodden would be ideal, but it will be McCourty with safety help and some physical play from Arrington...

On a side note. Am I the only one that thinks Jared Allen wants to kill Sanchise next Monday night  ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]The real question is, why didn't BB trade Moss to the Vikings after the Vikings game. =D
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that would be after the trade deadline.  Maybe we could have put in a stipulation that he sit out the game :^)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Considering how you always heard training camp and practice reports about Moss abusing our guys, I'm not expecting this to be pretty.  They need to get real physical if they want a chance.

Frankly, I'm not ruling out a "Lawyer Milloy" moment.  We won't be thrashed 31-0 as we were by the Bills after letting Milloy go, but Moss may have a good day and everyone will be saying "I told you it was stupid to let him go".  I will still support BB's decision, but it will be tough to watch our guys getting "Mossed".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

They dont game plan for Moss in practice first of all. Second speed doesnt matter when you are the safety over the top. Do you think Rodney Harrison could run with Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne at the end of his career? Its all about the angles you take to the ball. There is no safety in the league that can run with Moss, Marshall, Johnson, and so on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...:
    [QUOTE]I dont think that there is no one on the Pat's young secondary that could stop Moss. If Im a liar, then tell me who.............
    Posted by lil-man027[/QUOTE]

depends. I think if they are aggressive at the line the entire game then we have a chance at minimizing any damage he might cause. If we let him run his routes scott-free, then we'll likely give up some big plays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]Considering how you always heard training camp and practice reports about Moss abusing our guys, I'm not expecting this to be pretty.  They need to get real physical if they want a chance. Frankly, I'm not ruling out a "Lawyer Milloy" moment.  We won't be thrashed 31-0 as we were by the Bills after letting Milloy go, but Moss may have a good day and everyone will be saying "I told you it was stupid to let him go".  I will still support BB's decision, but it will be tough to watch our guys getting "Mossed".
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard those training camp and practice reports to...but it's not like guys were going all out and the defense could pummel Brady. Plain and simple, you need time throw the deep ball. Pressure the hell out of Favre and we'll see a multiple interception game. Or, like some suggest, bracket him, or safety over the top help. Hell, I would move Chung on him, and McCourty back to safety, have Chung beat the hell out of him on the line and if he gets free, have McCourty pick him up. If its a run, Moss can't block, so Chung would be at the line anyway. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

how did they stop the Dolphins big guy last week.  He did not hurt them at all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween... : Unfortunately, that would be after the trade deadline.  Maybe we could have put in a stipulation that he sit out the game :^)
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Moss said Belichick told him the best of luck with his career, but he hopes he stinks up the field when they face each other. It sounds as if Moss and Belichick ended their tenure together well. 

Sections
Shortcuts