Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...

Well, which Pat(s) played well against him in practice?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

You people are all assuming that Favre can still get the ball deep to him accurately.....No throwing off his back foot he can't....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...:
    It's going to have to be McCourty, but the way you defend against the Vikings is by knocking Favre on his egotistical @ss.
    Posted by p-mike

BB's plan to have Moss face the Jets to benefit the Pats will back fire. Jets beat Vikes and Vikes beat Pats. Double kill. That's why Rex was laughing. So am I. Dumb, ill-thought out strategy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween...:
    It will be a mix of coverages. Plus they will blitz the pee out of Favre like everyone else has done. You cant go deep if someone is putting you on your rear.
    Posted by uncommon13

Where did that non existent pass rush come from all of a sudden. Inquisitive minds need to know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween... : And no one thought they could stop Brandon Marshall. Marshall is all the receiver Moss is at this point in their careers.
    Posted by uncommon13

How many times did they throw to Marshall?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Its not a matter of stopping Moss, Favre can't throw the ball downfield anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmarley. Show jmarley's posts

You fans that think you can actually contain Moss keep dreaming. You're team is about to get a taste of what Randy can do when he has a point to prove. That point being you made a BIG mistake trading him away. You're OC is a dunce. How is it that Josh McD could get so much out of Randy for 2 years then all of a sudden for half of last season and a quarter of this season his production drops dramatically? I'll tell you why cause Obrien is a Dunce. If you don't know that already you're about to find out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween... : Bingo. It's dumb to live in constant fear of a big play from a wide receiver. I'd much rather be able to consistently tackle tight ends in middle of the field, frustrate QBs in the backfield, and limit running backs to 2-3 yards/carry. Not saying we do all of those things well right now, by the way.
    Posted by memery26

You're going to be 0 for 3 in all those departments 10/31.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Under ideal conditions Bodden, but I'll take anyone that plays a physical five yard bump. The notion of Butler playing Moss (LCB/RCB thing) is frightening because Moss gets the jump ball, in that contest, nearly every time. Bodden would be ideal, but it will be McCourty with safety help and some physical play from Arrington... On a side note. Am I the only one that thinks Jared Allen wants to kill Sanchise next Monday night  ?
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Why, because his QB rating is higher than TB's?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Considering how you always heard training camp and practice reports about Moss abusing our guys, I'm not expecting this to be pretty.  They need to get real physical if they want a chance. Frankly, I'm not ruling out a "Lawyer Milloy" moment.  We won't be thrashed 31-0 as we were by the Bills after letting Milloy go, but Moss may have a good day and everyone will be saying "I told you it was stupid to let him go".  I will still support BB's decision, but it will be tough to watch our guys getting "Mossed".
    Posted by carawaydj

You guys have too much trust in BB. He hasn't had an answer for 6 years now. The idiot-savant is not as brilliant as he thinks he is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Which Pat can hold Moss, when they meet the Vikings on Halloween... : depends. I think if they are aggressive at the line the entire game then we have a chance at minimizing any damage he might cause. If we let him run his routes scott-free, then we'll likely give up some big plays.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

He have to be a football connoisseur.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

PM is right. The best way to disrupt that offense is to go right after Favre.

He looks like he has lost  a step or two.

I would reckon they blitz him a lot.

Blitzing works against deep targets like Moss anyhow, because it takes so much time for those kill routes to develop. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

I'm more concerned with stopping Adrian Peterson.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Sorry to burst your bubble but Randy isn't faster than McCourty, not by a longshot. So there won't be five yards between them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

PM is right. The best way to disrupt that offense is to go right after Favre. He looks like he has lost  a step or two. I would reckon they blitz him a lot. Blitzing works against deep targets like Moss anyhow, because it takes so much time for those kill routes to develop. 
    Posted by zbellino

Come to think of it, there is a small chance we won't face Favre.  Last night I was listening to the supposed voicemails Favre left that girl.  If that wasn't Favre it was a darn good impersonation by someone out to get him.  He may be a golden boy, but there is no way he avoids a suspension by the league.  At the very least, he's going to be heavily distracted.  Between the league investigation and his wife ripping him a new azzz, the guy will have a hard time focusing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Butler can hold him. The question is whether anyone can cover him without holding.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

The only reason that Farve is having a tough year is because Sidney Rice, his deep threat, and number one receiver, has been out with a hip injury. Farve looked great last year, and with Moss, he will revive this year. They will have Moss, Percy Harvin, Shancoe, and Peterson to throw to, and Peterson to draw some heat from Moss. Most teams stack the box against the Vikings no matter who the receivers are. That probably will not happen when Moss is around. If it does, than look for Randy to have a record year. My new pick to win the Super bowl... the Vikings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They dont game plan for Moss in practice first of all. Second speed doesnt matter when you are the safety over the top. Do you think Rodney Harrison could run with Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne at the end of his career? Its all about the angles you take to the ball. There is no safety in the league that can run with Moss, Marshall, Johnson, and so on.
    Posted by uncommon13

The last time we dominated Manning was in 2005. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

The real question is, why didn't BB trade Moss to the Vikings after the Vikings game. =D
    Posted by 49Patriots

Because he wants Moss to tear up the divisional jets so the pats can gain a half game this week without playing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

Lets just put a loss in that column for the vikings right now. I know Brett Favre isn't as good as he has been, but that's mainly because every play the opposing defenses just focused on Adrian Peterson, and pass rushed. He has *i meant HAD* no threats to throw the ball to except for the TE. Moss gets double covered every game, so now the main question is how will the pats stop AP? This is going to be a disaster. I hope i'm wrong, I always want the Pats to win, but from an outside stand point and looking at the matchup. If the Patriots continue to not get any pass rush from the defensive line unit, Moss will out run any db we have by ten yards after 5 seconds of favre being in the pocket. It's a recipe for a halloween nightmare!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Every team's #1 receiver always gets double coverage these days.  It's a myth that "Moss takes two guys downfield with him" and the next guy doesn't.  Whenever a team runs a Tampa 2, both wideouts get double coverage.  Even Revis Island gets help deep, except of course on occasional blown coverages. 

Probably McCourty with Chung helping deep.  McCourty has some bulk to jam Moss at the line of scrimmage, which helps, and his long arms will often keep him in the battle for the ball.  McCourty had an excellent Monday night versus Miami.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

BB is smart enough to know that Moss is only one player.  Take away the run game and short passes, let the vikings throw deep and the Patriots win.  This is what has hurt the Patriots for the last three years.  Teams took away everything but the deep throw to Moss.  Look at all the superbowl rings that the Patriots have with this game plan

Sections
Shortcuts