Which Patriots rookie has impressed the most to date?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Which Patriots rookie has impressed the most to date?

It's far enough in the season for us to make the case for the rookie who has impressed the most this year. 

My vote goes to Sabastian Vollmer.  Dude has stepped in and has made a case for himself as a future starter.  RT or LT, he's been solid at both. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Which Patriots rookie has impressed the most to date?

Vollmer fo sho, I like Butler going forward but as with most rookie corners he's been targeted alot and given up his fair share of plays.  Chung looks to be a solid contributer next year, and Prior is a sleeper considering his draft status.  Jurys still out on Brace

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Vollmer, hands down. But if Edleman wasn't so injured this year, I wonder if he would be giving Vollmer a run for his money.  Hopefully, he'll be healthy enough soon enough to show us more of what he's got. Butler looks good and I see Chung doing things.  But Vollmer is playing with the savy of a vet and the power of a young guy.  He looks like future Pro Bowl material.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Vollmer without a doubt. He's shut down some of the best pass rushers this year. I can't wait to see how he's going to do in the future. He's my next jersey purchase.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Vollmer! He stepped in without missing a beat when Matt Light got injured, and he contained Joey Porter and Dwight Freeney. He doesn't look much like a rookie when he's out on the field. The biggest "problem" with him is that nobody knows if he'll be holding down the fort at RT or LT, which is really just a great luxury.

After that, my next two would be Darius Butler and Julian Edelman. Butler is still getting burned on some plays, but I think he can be really great. Edelman has stepped up and done well whenever the injury hasn't limited him. He seems to have pretty good chemistry with Brady, he's adapted to the offense really quickly considering he's always been a QB, and yes, he does remind me of Wes Welker.

I've also seen good things from Pat Chung and Myron Pyror -- looking forward to more from them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Seabass Hands down, Next question.. LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I like Volmer too. Especially since most analysts said this was a reach on draft day. Looks like it panned out for us. Well, at least one draft choice was good for a change. I am really disappointed about Brace. I thought he would have got more playing time especially because of his draft position. 
    Chung...he shows flashes of being good. young, but will be coached up, learn, and year 2 or 3 will I think be a good player. 
    Edelman...pretty good considering he never played the position...Point here though is can't we draft a WR or at least someone who has played it instead of a converted QB?...I don't think Edelman will be great, or even in the same league as Wes, but he could develop into a nice #4....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Hands down Sebastian Vollmer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

Vollmer first and Pryor second.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Seabass is a landslide, then Pryor.  Injuries took Edelman out of the running.  Of course, a strong showing from here on out and maybe a miracle catch in the Superbowl could change my mind on him lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

my ranking ^_~

1. Vollmer
    2. Pryor
    3. Edelman
    4. Butler
    5. ummm Chung?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

Don't forget Brandon McGowan, he's having a nice year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

definitly ron brace!!!! jp jp i think if tate didnt get injured and if we never signed gallosuck then he would easily be a top candite for rookie of the year, bu yea seabass diservs it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

In Response to Re: Which Patriots rookie has impressed the most to date?:
    Posted by Maineeac

umm he's not a rookie, but he leads in tackle ^_^ I don't understand why he's struggling lately

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Vollmer clearly wins this one. But with this question we have a chance to take a solid look at our guys.

Vollmer has started a lot this year and has played a higher level then the veterans in front of him. He has insanely quick feet for a O linemen and he is able to stop guys like Dwight Freeney.

Edelman has been a good WR this season when he has played but my worry with him is that because he was a QB before and not used to being hit as much that maybe his body is not able to take the punishment of a WR and therefore he might be hurt a lot. Like every year.

Butler has played well this year for a kid in his situation. He plays CB which next to WR is the hardest spot for a rookie to play due to the very big learning curve for CBs. SO with that said he has done well for a rookie. Better then Wheatly ever did.

Chung has been playing a lot more lately and will most likely see even more playing time as we hit the playoffs. He has a bright future in this game.

Ron Brace will get a little leeway from a guy like me because he is a home town kid. Dude grew up in Worcester went to college in Boston and is now playing for the NE Patriots. So on loyalty alone i will give him a year to figure it out.

M. Pryor is a beast for a kid his size. he is only 6 foot tall but he plays like he is   6'6". He could be a great back up and maybe even push for playing time.

And dont forget about Tyrone McKenzie. He got hurt in training camp but that kid had a long road to the NFL and is the kind of hard working no nonsense kind of player we love in this town and if he can get healthy I have a strong feeling he will be a good inside linebacker for years to come.

But yes Vollmer is the best of the class.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

What . . .

no Brian Hoyer?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

...Vollmer and Edelman

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Hoyer I forgot about him. Hoyer made the team and pushed us to cut O Connel so he is clearly no bum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Posted by Maineeac

I would agree that McGowan has made a big impact but he's not a rookie.  He's my 12th man award winner.  He really came out of nowhere and now is among the team leaders in tackles if not the outright leader. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

All you guys missed the one rookie who has been a starter from day one.  Long snapper Jake Ingram!!

I would also have to go with Vollmer as most impressive though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

All you guys missed the one rookie who has been a starter from day one.  Long snapper Jake Ingram!! I would also have to go with Vollmer as most impressive though.
    Posted by siestafiesta

No-one mentioned Tate. The Pats activated him before Stanback or Nunn, so he must be good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

In Response to Re: Which Patriots rookie has impressed the most to date? : No-one mentioned Tate. The Pats activated him before Stanback or Nunn, so he must be good.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Yes, I am very interested in Tate but not enough playing time before he got injured or re-injured himself.  I hope he's ready to go again by mini camp or training camp next year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

All you guys missed the one rookie who has been a starter from day one.  Long snapper Jake Ingram!! I would also have to go with Vollmer as most impressive though.
    Posted by siestafiesta

That's true.  It seems like it's a little harder to guage a long snapper's performance.  I guess if he hasn't messed up a snap that he's generally doing ok.

Love all the comments.  It's gonig to be exciting seeing these rookies next year along with the 2010 rookies. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hurricane90. Show Hurricane90's posts

before everybody gets all hyped about Vollmer... he's not a rookie in the true sense of the word. he's been playing professional football for several years in Europe. dont get me wrong, he's been amazing but you cant expect Butler, Edleman and the other rookies to play with the kind of experience and maturity that Vollmer has. truth is none of the rookies on this team would make it in the top 10 in voting for Rookie of the Year, but i think this rookie class will do great things within the next 3 years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

before everybody gets all hyped about Vollmer... he's not a rookie in the true sense of the word. he's been playing professional football for several years in Europe. dont get me wrong, he's been amazing but you cant expect Butler, Edleman and the other rookies to play with the kind of experience and maturity that Vollmer has. truth is none of the rookies on this team would make it in the top 10 in voting for Rookie of the Year, but i think this rookie class will do great things within the next 3 years.
    Posted by Hurricane90

The guy is 25, was 20 when he came to the US, and didn't touch a football until he was 14.  He did not play professional ball at all in Germany.  The "Gymnasium" he played football for in Germany doesn't have a real equivalent in the US.  It's often compared to a prep school but the German education system is different than it is here.  I like to think it's a cross between a regular HS as we know it and a liberal arts program in Jr. College.  It is not professional however; not in any way.  Considering how low American football is on the totem pole in Germany, his "Gymnasium" experience is likely much less substantial than any semi-decent HS football program in the US.

Sections
Shortcuts