Which Pats Players Should Be Released?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Re: Which Pats Players Should Be Released?

Seriously, some of the names I've seen on here are just f'ing hysterical. How about we cut Tom and Moss while we're at it? I am very glad that BB is in charge of who stays and who goes and not you...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Crable isn't going anywhere. Pierre Woods isn't half the talent Shawn is. If he can rehab and get on the field, I guarantee that Crable wins the OLB spot. 

Galloway isn't going anywhere either. It's a new team, new QB, new playbook, and new philosophy. Once he works out the chemistry with Brady he will be a good 3 WR. 

Wheatley isn't going anywhere either. Bill drafted him ahead of Wilhite and I know Wilhite is alot more talented than this chump. 

Bruschi would be a good depth man but Guyton is the better player. When a LB runs a 40 yard in 4.47, he deserves to start along side 4.55 Mayo. They would make probably the fastest LBs in the league. 

Kaczur just got an extension. -_- It would seem like a waste if they were going to cut him. 

BJE should stay. Cut Maroney and give his contract to Benny, when is Bill going to learn that Maroney is a bust?

Everybody else is likely to be cut though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: Which Pats Players Should Be Released?:
    [QUOTE]i dont think that any of the second year players should be released because they havent had enough time to prove them selfs.  I think that Bruschi's best ddays are behind him and even though he is a good mentor i don't think that it is worth a roster spot.  i think that Randy Moss should be released because he is old and is way slower than he was in 2007.  I could see Julian Edelman having 1200+ yards and 15+ TDs this season in MOss's place.
    Posted by nickelbean[/QUOTE]
    im just gonna assume that your moss/edelman comment was a joke... i love edelman... but your a moron

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Tex, the main thing I disagree on is Green-Ellis. I think history has shown us that we cannot possibly have enough good rbs on our roster. Aside from Dillions 2004 glory year and a nice 3 year run by Antoine Smith We really havent had a lot of luck at keeping guys healthy. Faulk has stayed relatively healthy the last few years but he has had a few injuries in his time with us. Morris cant stay on the field and while I think maroney will be our starter this year he is coming off a tough shoulder surgery. Also Fred Taylor was a great pick up but his history with injuries and his age doesnt usually bode well for a RB like him. I think BJGE will be there, I dont think he will go to practice squad since other teams are probably eying him now. I also dont agree with Galloway I think you are being to hasty in your opinion to cut him after watching only 2 pre-season games. Yes he is old but he has aged well and is a year removed from 3 1000 yard seasons in a row. I also disagree with Crable and Wheatley both have missed time due to injury which is no reason to cut ties with 2 important draft picks. Im not sure what everybody has seen on how Bruschi all of a sudden has nothing left to offer. There are a lot of people down on a guy who was 3rd on our team in tackles last year as a 2 down guy. I really think Brushi will be a contributing back up but I do see your point about possible making a Seau type late season comeback. I just think he will be here though. Just my opinion. (pretty sure i disagree on Ryan O as well)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE] BJE should stay. Cut Maroney and give his contract to Benny, when is Bill going to learn that Maroney is a bust? Everybody else is likely to be cut though.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I agree, he has been a huge disappointment, but at 24 years old he will get one more chance this season. It would also help if Maroney became an elite KO returner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Ventrone and Aiken should cut
    both of them are basically useless to the team, they help a little on special teams but none has a real future.  On special teams someone else will step up.  When you're a one trick pony you better hope that that trick ain't special teams.  I just hope Terrence Nunn makes the team.  .  . BUT WHATEVER HAPPENS:
    IN BILL WE TRUST 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I would like to echo what champ said about the injured guys, the Pats kept Chad Jackson untill he was fully healthy before they cut him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

It is not just about talent, but also about working the caps and numbers.

Consider the TE problems:

You will see Smith being cut because he was signed for 1.5m with no bonus. Watson  has 900k but also a 526k bonus, so if Patriots release him, they must eat 526k. David Thomas has a 640k  bonus over 4 years (due 160k this year)

So the logical solution is to cut Smith, because his play is not up to par, and it costs the Pats nothing to cut him.

Pats will keep all 5 RB's, same as last year.

Walter did not receive a signing bonus.. it costs the Pats nothing to release him. 

And finally, Bruschi received a 1.2m signing bonus for a 2 year deal, so the Pats would be eating 600k if they released him.

Crable will also not be cut because he has a 570k bonus (190k due this year), his escalators do not kick in until the last year anyway, so if he is to be cut at any point, it would be before his last contract year, in 2011.

And for those of you sniffing glue or smoking crack, if we cut Brady, we have to eat $6,620,000. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Ok, I agree with most of your players.  However there are a couple that are way off the mark.  Wheatley has looked awful, but he hasn't even begun his second season in the NFL and missed a lot of time with injuries.  Furthermore, he played far better before his injury last year.  Its not even remotely CLOSE to time to give up on him.

Kaczur just signed a long term contract extension, and a lot of the reason for that can be attributed to the fact that he was in fact the most consistent offensive lineman on the Patriots last year.  No, he's not the most talented of them. Mankins is.  But Kaczur had an excellent 2008.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Interesting how down fans are on Kaczur, the Pats staff likes him a lot and the organization has stuck with him through some serious turmoil with his bizarre Oxy buying, wire wearing FBI stuff.  I tend to agree with last post, Kaczur is a consistently decent lineman.  Have to think Dante Scarnecchia loves this guy for some reason.  Signed him for a reasonable amount in a league where stiff O-Lineman are getting $30-40mm.

Crable seems the likely surprise cut, can't help the club in the tub.  As Pats shift to more 4-3 his spot is less critical.  I think Wheatley stays, need to have depth at CB.  Galloway may be in some trouble.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]if hoyer keeps playing like he did this past thurs he could be challengeing the no.2 spot.it could comedown to walter or oconnell getting cut.but then again they could keep all four.one of them could be trade bait like cassel.I like texas pats list.i feel the same way.as for bruschi getting cut?i doubt it.i could see him calling it quits though.im thinking his heart isnt in it since the vrabal trade,he might have gotten upset over that one.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]
     hoyer is looking good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Jamar Love #38 pathetic DB defender.  He needs to be cut immediately!!!!!!

Wheatley has shown nothing- GONE, burned too many times for in the preseason.

Slater gone...too many stupid penalties and fumbler tendencies.  Could be on IR through

And Most of ALL....Lawrence "Dancin" Maroney GONE because he is scared of being hit, has poor field vision, etc. and Ben Jarvis-Green is a tougher and more productive runner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

[QUOTE]Jamar Love #38 pathetic DB defender.  He needs to be cut immediately!!!!!! Wheatley has shown nothing- GONE, burned too many times for in the preseason. Slater gone...too many stupid penalties and fumbler tendencies.  Could be on IR through And Most of ALL....Lawrence "Dancin" Maroney GONE because he is scared of being hit, has poor field vision, etc. and Ben Jarvis-Green is a tougher and more productive runner.
    Posted by gfkr2[/QUOTE]
    The thing with slater though, is because he plays primarly on ST, his mistakes are highlighted and not the things he does well, and taking his two mistakes, what if the guy didnt call fair catch, I think were on the bored saying how much slater is awsome because he destroyed two people right as they were catching the ball, I think unless he is hurt in which case he goes on IR he makes the team because he is a valuable ST contributor

Sections
Shortcuts