Which player are you most intrigued by who is on the roster bubble?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Which player are you most intrigued by who is on the roster bubble?

For me it is still Mark Harrison.  This guy is just so physically gifted that I really hope he can grasp the mental aspect of our offense and put it altogether in training camp and the preseason.  I think he is the type of player that could line up in multiple spots, outside wide receiver, the "move"  TE spot, etc.  he possesses all of the physical tools to be a dynamic receiving threat, but if he can't mentally grasp our offense then none of it will matter.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him in training camp to see if he is ready to take the next step.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Which player are you most intrigued by who is on the roster bubble?

Both interior O Linemen, Wendell and Connoly. They have been cast as one of the main reasons the Pats played so badly in the last game with the Broncos and with justifiable reason. I truly feel the Pats drafted the three O Linemen they did with an eye to replacing either or both if they do not drastically improve their play. While the team has guys like Cave they seem to like as much as these draftees I feel the new guys are as good or better than what's available internally to replace Wendell and Connoly. As far as I'm concerned, cut both Wendell and Connoly, save roughly $4 million in net cap space, promote Cannon top starting RG, and let the rookies compete and win roster spots. There is no real reason why Stork cannot start for this team. He could not play worse than Wendell did last season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both interior O Linemen, Wendell and Connoly. They have been cast as one of the main reasons the Pats played so badly in the last game with the Broncos and with justifiable reason. I truly feel the Pats drafted the three O Linemen they did with an eye to replacing either or both if they do not drastically improve their play. While the team has guys like Cave they seem to like as much as these draftees I feel the new guys are as good or better than what's available internally to replace Wendell and Connoly. As far as I'm concerned, cut both Wendell and Connoly, save roughly $4 million in net cap space, promote Cannon top starting RG, and let the rookies compete and win roster spots. There is no real reason why Stork cannot start for this team. He could not play worse than Wendell did last season.

[/QUOTE]

Cave could suprise people.  If he comes on strong, it could be real bad news for Wendell, and maybe Connely too.  How 'bout a starting 5 of Solder, Mankins, Stork, Cannon, Vollmer; then Flemming, Halopio, Kline, and Cave as reserves?  Could happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I agree Wazzu, that is a definite possibility. I do think Dave D will bring a different philosophy than what we have in a long time, and I do think BB was ready to get more physical on the OL as well...that does not play to the strengths of Wendell or Connolly (both very good pulling interior linemen that do not play very well in tight space)

OL will be a great must see this summer

I have to think the drafting of Easley puts Armstead on notice..he has to get on the field.

Will the team keep 5, 6, 7 or even 8 WR's? (Slater included)

I also think this team has 3 more moves to make at OLB, TE and DE...and expect the full 90 as camp opens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I agree Waz, Harrison is very intriguing. Really interested to see what he can do in this O. On D its Buchanon (thought he showed potential and speed last year) and Zach Moore (raw but interesting prospect. Looks like he just needs the right coaching. Love his drive to succeed)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree Wazzu, that is a definite possibility. I do think Dave D will bring a different philosophy than what we have in a long time, and I do think BB was ready to get more physical on the OL as well...that does not play to the strengths of Wendell or Connolly (both very good pulling interior linemen that do not play very well in tight space)

OL will be a great must see this summer

I have to think the drafting of Easley puts Armstead on notice..he has to get on the field.

Will the team keep 5, 6, 7 or even 8 WR's? (Slater included)

I also think this team has 3 more moves to make at OLB, TE and DE...and expect the full 90 as camp opens.

[/QUOTE]

Nice.  Yeah, I like Connely and Wendell, and definitely appreciate what they have done for NE, but if some of the young players are ready to step in and beat them out, so be it.  I think either Cave or Wendell make it, and Connely could get pushed out by Kline and/or Halopio.  It will be fun to watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hard to say, given that about three-quarters of the roster is on the bubble . . .   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

As far as players that are not locks for the roster... I'm intrigued by Jemea Thomas and what he can bring to the team, both as a CB/S and on ST.  This kid is a good football player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I say Armstead.  Keep hearing he's the real deal (or at least a legit NFL DL) but infections and heart ailments have been all we've heard about for a long time.  Someone said that drafting Easley should make Armstead nervous and I agree. He needs a good offseason and training camp with zero health setbacks or someone like Chris Jones will be here and not him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hard to say, given that about three-quarters of the roster is on the bubble . . .   

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

I still have to go with Kenbrell Thompkins.  During the preseason last year I really thought he could be better and a bigger threat then Amendolla and Edelman in the slot.  Hopefully he has been studying and working on his route running during the off season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

For positional battles I could see Armstead and Easley pushing for rotational duty. I would like to see what a line which features Solder, Mankins, Stork, Cannon, Seabass will look with Hilapio on guard duty.. Interested to see what the new RB's skill set is like vs Ridley, Vereen. I want to see if this offensive line can with agile versatility..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    LMAO!

I still have to go with Kenbrell Thompkins.  During the preseason last year I really thought he could be better and a bigger threat then Amendolla and Edelman in the slot.  Hopefully he has been studying and working on his route running during the off season.

[/QUOTE]
    KT started last season out of camp on FIRE! He even got the TB seal of approval. Then NADA! He's definitely in the danger zone!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

I'm with Homecheese and Michael Buchanan at the DE position. 6'6" and around 250 lbs. last year I think but he just looks like a pass rushing DE is supposed to look like. Showed some flashes in the preseason and the first few regular season games before riding the bench the rest of the season.

He's got speed off the edge but needs to add some weight and strength. Just wondering if the Zach Moore pick in the 6th round was because BB doesn't like Buchanan or because Moore was too good an athlete to pass on at that point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I say Tom Brady!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Jeremy Gallon intrigues me. He seems to have everything you want in a slot receiver, except he's even shorter than Welker.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Armstead, jemea Thomas (who I think looks like twice the football player a Tavon Wilson was when he came out), Buchanon (I thought he had the tools to be pretty good), Josh Boyce, Sillga (I'm curious to see of he is the real deal or not...same for Jones).

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm with Homecheese and Michael Buchanan at the DE position. 6'6" and around 250 lbs. last year I think but he just looks like a pass rushing DE is supposed to look like. Showed some flashes in the preseason and the first few regular season games before riding the bench the rest of the season.

He's got speed off the edge but needs to add some weight and strength. Just wondering if the Zach Moore pick in the 6th round was because BB doesn't like Buchanan or because Moore was too good an athlete to pass on at that point.

[/QUOTE]

I think bb likes Buchanan. I can't say the same for bagette. He should be as good as gone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeremy Gallon intrigues me. He seems to have everything you want in a slot receiver, except he's even shorter than Welker.

[/QUOTE]

I like gallon a ton. I don't see how he makes the roster, and I don't think he will last on the PS.

how many wr's do they keep? 6?...Edelman, amendola, Lafell, Dobson, Boyce, slater...that is 6 thete and we haven't even considered KT, gallon, Harrison, etc. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

I'm curious to see Roy Finch and Jeremy Gallon. Finch's highlights were incredible. He is only 175Lbs but he is very strong, he had over 20 reps in the bench at his pro day. He is very elusive when he gets to the 2nd level and he bounces off tacklers. And Jeremy Gallon just produced at Michigan. He wasn't the biggest or fastest receiver, but he had great hands, ran good routes, and was a solid guy in the locker room.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think Slater could be gone.  High salary number and is a one trick pony.  There were a lot of young and fast UDFA's signed.  Ebner and Boyce are going to be special team players that add backup to the team.  Slater cannot catch, return punts or kickoffs and is not a backup DB.  BB looks for versatile players and Slater is not.

Sections
Shortcuts