Which player impressed you most.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Which player impressed you most.

The intensity the pats played this game with was such a relief. Everybody came ready to hurt someone. But the person who impressed me the most.

Offense

Brian Hoyer.
    He looked good, he looked poised, calm and made accurate throws. QB rating of 87, most importantly he made throws while going down. We could be looking at the successor of Tom. 

Defense
    Sergio Brown & Chung.
    Chung was the fastest and most hard hitting safety on the field.
    And Brown made solid tackles and won the game with that bone crushing final play.

Which guy or guys did u like the most?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Which player impressed you most.

Spikes. He was in on almost every tackle, and made one good backside play through trash. 

Hernandez looked like a beast, although most of his reps were second team. 

Brady, Moss, check.

The one play where Tate caught the ball, he looked extremely quick and athletic. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Edelman, star of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Which player impressed you most.:
    [QUOTE]Spikes. He was in on almost every tackle, and made one good backside play through trash.  Hernandez looked like a beast, although most of his reps were second team.  Brady, Moss, check. The one play where Tate caught the ball, he looked extremely quick and athletic. 

Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Spikes was just unbelievable, Hernandez dropped couple of catches and I think Tate will be used as 4th receiver, McCourty was the real beast. Really exciting group.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Edelman

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Offense:
    -Brady
    -Moss
    -Edelman
    -Green-Ellis
    -Hernandez
    -Hoyer

Defense:
    -Chung
    -Spikes
    -Murrel

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I believe I called Spikes & McCourty "simply S-T-U-D-S" directly RIGHT after the NFL Draft, when some were blah-blahing Spikes's 40 time & McCourty a waste of a high selction on merely special teams' play...I stand by my statement.  Pshhh, It was pretty much as IF I will be the ones out on the field after they eventually become pro-bowlers (they should really at least think about giving their paychecks & future SB rings, to me)...Or, at the bare minimum, when they "thank God" after the SB win, I should really be next in line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFHOG73. Show HOFHOG73's posts

[QUOTE]I believe I called Spikes & McCourty "simply S-T-U-D-S" directly RIGHT after the NFL Draft, when some were blah-blahing Spikes's 40 time & McCourty a waste of a high selction on merely special teams' play...I stand by my statement.  Pshhh, It was pretty much as IF I will be the ones out on the field after they eventually become pro-bowlers (they should really at least think about giving their paychecks & future SB rings, to me)...Or, at the bare minimum, when they "thank God" after the SB win, I should really be next in line.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
    Now that's preseason excitement ! I do hope you're right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

I got to say I doubted McCourty thinking that was not our priority but BB has a very different approach to building a team, he loves people that can do many things.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I believe I called Spikes & McCourty "simply S-T-U-D-S" directly RIGHT after the NFL Draft, when some were blah-blahing Spikes's 40 time & McCourty a waste of a high selction on merely special teams' play...I stand by my statement.  Pshhh, It was pretty much as IF I will be the ones out on the field after they eventually become pro-bowlers (they should really at least think about giving their paychecks & future SB rings, to me)...Or, at the bare minimum, when they "thank God" after the SB win, I should really be next in line.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

It's God first.

And if they turn out anything like Ron Artest, they'll thank their record producer second, therapist third.

THEN, you Laz =)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Is it me, or does McCourty seem ahead of Butler??? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Edelman. Just seems SO much more confident out there from what you seen tonight versus last year.  It's really like having TWO Wes Welkers out there. Amazing and the kid is 'smart' player too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Than'ya HOG and AP~...Do ya think, ya think- Spikes or McCourty might incorporate me in a lyric, In the certain "pre-Season Superbowl Shuffle" that they're bound to do?  I mean, McCourty no doubt, right?  I did a PRE-Draft thread calling him "BETTER than Joe Haden AND Kyle Wilson."  But Spikes, I just don't know...certainly, I'm expecting 1 or 2 points from his NFL salary, that's assured.  But, I just feel I need some recognition and 'Thanx' as well.  Like, Spikes: "I...I mean-We, couldn't'a done it without Laz's support," AND/OR, Spikes: "We got the 'L' today, and I blame Myself and, ONLY myself."  Again though, I need to make myself clear- I don't want ANY recognition or my name-dropped, IF Either one'a them is wearin' a pair of OVER-sized Ray-bans ala Jim McMahon in the video on MTV...forget it, it ain't worth it for me (also, I think I spelleed Jimmy M's last name wrong...Good, I hate that guy).  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Anyone notice how Ohrnberger did?  I have high expectations since we gave up 2 5ths to get him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Tight Ends!  What I really liked was the THREE TE formation when BJGE got the td run against N.O starting run D. Crumpler,Gronk and Hernandez with Vollmer and Neal all on the right side, then O'Connoly pulls from left guard and ends up lead blocking for BJGE. This is a power run formation with lots of beef up front. The Saints stacked the box and he still went in "Untouched". If we can impose will on the  line of scrimmage we open up PA and the rest of the offense. The TE's could really make the offense go this year. This is something we clearly missed last season!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone notice how Ohrnberger did?  I have high expectations since we gave up 2 5ths to get him.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

He was OK. Takes time for those later round linemen to develope.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

Edelman has come into his own. The man will get his reps this year no matter who is healthy.

I saw him freeze their whole secondary with footwork. Very impressive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I think you nailed it. i just watched bruschi breaking down the 3 TE running  on nfl live and it was a sight to behold! it looked like the hogs - man they got a great push. the pats are going to be a lot better in the red zone this year if they can run the ball like that

[QUOTE]The Tight Ends!  What I really liked was the THREE TE formation when BJGE got the td run against N.O starting run D. Crumpler,Gronk and Hernandez with Vollmer and Neal all on the right side, then O'Connoly pulls from left guard and ends up lead blocking for BJGE. This is a power run formation with lots of beef up front. The Saints stacked the box and he still went in "Untouched". If we can impose will on the  line of scrimmage we open up PA and the rest of the offense. The TE's could really make the offense go this year. This is something we clearly missed last season!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Hoyer - but thought he looked good even last year.

Edeleman - but again thought he looked good from the VERY Start of last year.

Gronkowski - good blocking

McCourtey - Butler attacked by the offense more than him.

Spikes - Looked OK for a rookie but the hype and bandwagoning is over the top on him right now.

Gerrard Warren - looked right at home.

Wheatley - He's always been better then Wilhite in my opinion and he looked better than him tonight tonight.

Dan Connolloy was ok - He stalemates with his blocks more than wins or moves anyone but the end result was mostly him geting the job done.

Hernandez was OK but he doesn't seem quick enough to run those screens that they run with Welker and Edelman effectively.

Most players did not have enough "quality" reps to make comments on. The players above seemed to have more reps and showed "consistent" overall good performance.

I ignored the single "flash" by this guy or that guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Gronk needs to show his offensive talent much more, he didn't do much aside from blocking, which was good though...

Edelman was amazing...

Hoyer looked great...

Spikes, Chung, McCourty...very solid...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Connolly did a great job, too...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Edelman continues to impress.  Connolly did really well, I like the use of all the TE's.  Spikes was impressive to me.  Not high on Hernandez yet, a few drops tonight.  I like Crumpler's role.  Good vet going over and talking with Hernandez after Hernandez came off the field.

Overall I was impressed with how the team came out, looks to be good chemistry this season right off the bat.  Lots of energy with the 1st string players.  Looks like everyone has a great attitude.  Liked how the Pats focused on the run.  The young talent seems to add a little extra spark in the energy level.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

[QUOTE]I think you nailed it. i just watched bruschi breaking down the 3 TE running  on nfl live and it was a sight to behold! it looked like the hogs - man they got a great push. the pats are going to be a lot better in the red zone this year if they can run the ball like that In Response to Re: Which player impressed you most. :
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

This benefits Maroney big time. If he can get outside, lookout! He can turn the corner at speed, no dancing moves needed. Hopefully. 

But Edeleman looks fantastic. McCourty's returns are hopefully a sign of more to come. The TE formations are killer stuff. I've always wondered how this would work. They could play run and be a force. They could line up Gronk & Crumpler on one side and have Moss and Tate running deep on the other and on top of that have Hernandez in the backfield! Factor in Welker and Edeleman on top of that! Opposing defenses should be concerned with what they saw tonight. Brady, I believe, has more targets this season than ever before. I love what I'm seeing and can't wait for the season to start! 

Sections
Shortcuts