Which players/coaches have you met?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Which players/coaches have you met?

This includes former and current. And "meeting" can mean just an autograph or handshake. I'll get things started.

Last spring I met Matt Light and Roosevelt Colvin at the Purdue spring football game. A bunch of former Boilermakers attended the game. I was able to get a few pictures and a few sentences in, but basically it was an autograph-signing style meet and greet.

Who's next?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Which players/coaches have you met?

I went to see <grumble grumble> with my wife whose family is from Northern NY to Saint Lawrence University to watch the '86 SB champ Giants play a charity basketball game against the faculty. Spoke briefly with "little joe Morris, Harry Carson, Leonard Marshall, non of the big stars were there....LT, Simms, Reich, Parcells or BB.

One of these years I'm going to get to the Pats training camp. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

My senior year in high school my football team took a trip to Schaffer Stadium to watch a game against Air Coryell's Chargers. The teams were warming up and we caught the attention of one of their linebackers. He was a second year linebacker named Linden King. He signed autographs and spent quite a while chatting with us. Our QB jumped down on the artificial turf and threw a football back and forth with him. He ended up having a nice 12 year career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Ronnie Lippet pushed me out of his way when we stormed the field after the Pats beat the Bengals to preface their miraculous playoff run in 1985.

Does that count?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

It was probably Lippets only physical contact all dayCool

that must have been fun rushing onto the field....ode for the good ole days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

P-mike,was that the infamous goalpost game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajorme. Show ajorme's posts

I was on a flight with Mike Holmgren from London to Seattle just after the Pats-Bucs game at Wembley Stadium. Had a quick chat, nice guy.  He's pretty tall in person.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Harley --

It was indeed the game where the guy got electrocuted carrying part of the goal post down Route 1 . . .   although we didn't learn about that until the next day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

I played Xbox with Mayo and Guyton, that was pretty cool.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

Mosi and John Hannah at a charity softball game.  John was gratious but could hardly walk, nevermind run. Pinch runner from home plate.
    PK John Smith at halftime in the tunnel at the old stadium. 
    Romeo Crennel and Mike Holmgren at the combine in Indy. Holmgren is a big dude. 
    Brian Mitchell in VA. Lives in my town.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brian Mitchell, there's a name I had forgotten. He is currently second on the NFL's all-time list in total yardage with 23,316 yards

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I guess when I started this post I was hoping to hear about more PATRIOTS players, but this is cool, too.

I have to believe SOMEONE out there has run into a few more of our boys!

Anyone?

Sections
Shortcuts