Which position on the team do you think is the best/deepest?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JaeD. Show JaeD's posts

Which position on the team do you think is the best/deepest?

I think so far this season our safetys have looked great and wonder if they should maybe trade a guy like james sanders.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: Which position on the team do you think is the best/deepest?

you are probably right in regards to the position, but one thing you learn in patriot nation is that we need all the db's we can get.  that position has been an achilles heel in NE for along time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

DB's... they might have more depth at CB then Safety even! A very nice suprise though I thought they had the chance to be a really strong group especially with Bodden, but it is also easy to say Safety with my man from the Univ. of Maine.  It was a pleasure watching him and Steven Cooper and Lofa Tatupu... Interesting how Maine has these spells where they produce solid NFL tallent then they go through Luls and POW they produce 3 almost simultaneously. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

You may find this one a suprise, but if you look at the roster: I would say LB and OL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I'll agree, I really like the defensive backfield this year.  They're deep at corner and safety.

I'm going to throw NT/DT out there as the deepest though.  There are six players who, in my mind, qualify as Tackles regardless of where they line up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

D Line is still relatively deep, despite loss of Seymour. With Brace healthy it is still a position of depth. We've seen Pryor and Brace getting PT along side Green Warren, Fork, Wright et al. The pass rush, or lack the of, comes from the OLBs. Not an an area of depth because Burgess and other haven't done the job.

Lack of depth would be QB. Hoyer is rookie and #2 on the depth chart. I could see an instance where BB either signs a FA or drafts a QB late in the 2010 draft. The Pats need to prepare for Brady's eventual departure from the game....ouch that hurt just type it.....and have to start grooming his replacement.

We looked to have depth at RB, but a couple of injuries took some of that depth away.

With Vollmer looking good we do have some depth at OL, however, we all know some contracts are up in 2010. That depth could evaporate very quickly, but I doubt Belichick let's that happen. Protecting Brady is still a top priority.

DBs. BB goes with a piecemeal secondary; Bodden, MacGown and Merieather have all looked good. Bodden is playing for future deal (one year contract) and the other two have brought the lumber at times. Butler has looked good at times as well and Chung hasn't been given enough PT to really assess his play.

LBs. Can never have enough quality depth here, especially if you run a 3-4 base most of the time. When the secondary has to make plays on RBs and there is very little pass rush something is wrong with the LBs. Mayo is top-notch and Guyton is still learning. Seau is a beast against the run. No one forsaw MacKenzie getting injured and he might provided some pass rush, AD looks to be on the block or in the doghouse, Burgess hasn't provided the pass rush ability most thought he still had.

WRs. Edelman is rounding out quite nicely and we have yet to see what Tate is capable of this year. Moss and Welker are obviously elite talent, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats draft WR in say, the 3rd in 2010.

S----t have to go to work.