Which QB would you rather have?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Which QB would you rather have?

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Logic states, in essence here, you are saying....

Luck = Brady 

You might be jumping the gun a bit with that.

Babe that's not logic talking, that's you taking a quantum leap from logic with my statement in an attempt to discredit me and the very blatant and obvious differences between Luck and Tebow, which is like comparing a Ferrari and a Yugo.

Luck carried his team, Tebow was carried by his team and failed miserably, that's why he doesn't start in the NFL, not because of some perceived slight by Elway or Rex Ryan; the talent just isn't there.

You can't compare Tebow to Flutie either, Flutie even in his early formative years still threw almost ten points higher on average than Tebow or about the same as Luck.  Flutie still had to go to Canada to prove he could play and throw the deep out pattern, Tebow has proven he can't throw the deep route tree and has to go to Canada to prove otherwise and he won't be able to.

It might be telling to note that with Tebow as the starter in 2011 the Broncos were the worst passing team or in the bottom three in every statistical category in the NFL.  A year later with Manning and the same receivers they were in the top three.

Not trying to discredit you wozzy. Just pointing out that what you actually said in likening the two comparisons isn't viable when put under scrutiny. Comparing Tebow to Luck is nothing like comparing Tebow to Brady.

There are a lot of ways one can spin the Tebow record.

One could say he managed to notch a playoff win in his first year they gave him the ball and Luck didn't.

One could say Luck took a team playing a schedule based on a 2-14 record the year before and because of that made the playoffs.

One could say Tebow has a signature moment of distinction throwing an 80 yard TD pass and Luck has no such thing.

I made a comparison of the two anonymously to make a point. If the point is lost on you, no problem. I'm trying to get along with you these days.

As far as Flutie, there is a lot more to him playing in Canada than being able to throw an out. He crossed the picket lines for one. He also was considered too short for another. Only when he became perhaps the GOAT in Canadian Football did those things no longer seem to matter.

I always go with my hunches on players because I'm almost always right. I have a hunch Tebow is better than many give him credit for and the facts, if not the hype, says I'm right.

A good spirited but respectful debate is always fun. At least I think so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

So Babe do you think you could find any scout, executive or GM that would take Tebow over Luck?  This whole premise is ridiculous.  Time will tell with Luck, but he is far better than Tebow which is why Luck was the #1 overall pick and Tebow just got cut by the team with the worst starting QB in the NFL.  LMAO @ U.

I doubt any would do that. But then, that wasn't my point.

Tebow just got cut by the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. Big deal. The guys rep has been thoroughly trashed by the likes of Elway and Fatso.

If you want to really LYAO, look in the mirror.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

This guy...

PR 75 - AY/A 6.5 - TD 17 - INT 9 - 4QC 6 

Or this guy... 

PR 76 - AY/A 6.4 - TD 23 - INT 18 - 4QC 4

Passer ratings are garbage stats; completion percentage, yards per pass, TD's vs. Int's and Wins vs Lossestells you all you need to know.  

If one of these is Tebow, the closest thing he had to a full season he completed 46% of his passes, that isn't good enough for Pro football no matter how you look at it. He blows. 

Frankly I wouldn't want either of these guys above if that's a full season's effort, both throw way too many Int's.

Tebow actually doesn't throw a lot of INTs.  But that's because his passes are SO far off target, that even the defenders can't catch them.

Brilliant football mind you have. LMAO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

gotcha - so you are comparing a 3 year career with a 1 year career.  Makes sense??

other stats - pass yds - 2422; comp% - 47.9; qbr yr 1 - 59; yr 2 - 30; yr 3 - who knows. 

What exactly is your problem troll? Are you unable to grasp that Tebow wasn't handed the reigns of a 2-14 team that tanked the season to get the #1 pick like Luck did and Tebow was the victim of having the guy who drafted him get canned?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sorry Babe this is about as silly a thread as Commie's suggesting we trade Brady for Tebow.

Luck = Brady

If that's your definition of logic, high school would be a good idea for you.

If wozzy states that a thread which offers that Brady should be traded for Tebow is equivalently absurd to my comparing Luck to Tebow then logic does point to there being an implication that Luck is equal to Brady.

Sorry if you're too slow to follow along troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Luck = Brady 

Babe that's not logic talking, that's you taking a quantum leap from logic with my statement in an attempt to discredit me and the very blatant and obvious differences between Luck and Tebow, which is like comparing a Ferrari and a Yugo.

Luck carried his team, Tebow was carried by his team and failed miserably, that's why he doesn't start in the NFL, not because of some perceived slight by Elway or Rex Ryan; the talent just isn't there.

You can't compare Tebow to Flutie either, Flutie even in his early formative years still threw almost ten points higher on average than Tebow or about the same as Luck.  Flutie still had to go to Canada to prove he could play and throw the deep out pattern, Tebow has proven he can't throw the deep route tree and has to go to Canada to prove otherwise and he won't be able to.

It might be telling to note that with Tebow as the starter in 2011 the Broncos were the worst passing team or in the bottom three in every statistical category in the NFL.  A year later with Manning and the same receivers they were in the top three.

Not trying to discredit you wozzy. Just pointing out that what you actually said in likening the two comparisons isn't viable when put under scrutiny. Comparing Tebow to Luck is nothing like comparing Tebow to Brady.

One could say he managed to notch a playoff win in his first year they gave him the ball and Luck didn't.

One could say Luck took a team playing a schedule based on a 2-14 record the year before and because of that made the playoffs.

One could say Tebow has a signature moment of distinction throwing an 80 yard TD pass and Luck has no such thing.

I made a comparison of the two anonymously to make a point. If the point is lost on you, no problem. I'm trying to get along with you these days.

As far as Flutie, there is a lot more to him playing in Canada than being able to throw an out. He crossed the picket lines for one. He also was considered too short for another. Only when he became perhaps the GOAT in Canadian Football did those things no longer seem to matter.

I always go with my hunches on players because I'm almost always right. I have a hunch Tebow is better than many give him credit for and the facts, if not the hype, says I'm right.

So lets take this further

PR - 40;  AY/A - 1.3;  TD - 0;  INT - 1; 4qc - 0

PR - 57;  AY/A - 5.0;  TD - 1;  INT - 0; 4qc - 0

PR - 42;  AY/A - 2.0;  TD - 0;  INT - 0; 4qc - 0

PR - 55;  AY/A - 6.4;  TD - 7;  INT - 14; 4qc - 1

PR - 56;  AY/A - 3.8;  TD - 9;  INT - 18;  4qc - 0

PR - 76;  AY/A - 6.4;  TD 23;  INT 18;  4qc - 4   - LUCK

Among these guys who would you take?  All are welcome to answer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Luck = Brady 

So lets take this further

PR - 40;  AY/A - 1.3;  TD - 0;  INT - 1; 4qc - 0

PR - 57;  AY/A - 5.0;  TD - 1;  INT - 0; 4qc - 0

PR - 42;  AY/A - 2.0;  TD - 0;  INT - 0; 4qc - 0

PR - 55;  AY/A - 6.4;  TD - 7;  INT - 14; 4qc - 1

PR - 56;  AY/A - 3.8;  TD - 9;  INT - 18;  4qc - 0

PR - 76;  AY/A - 6.4;  TD 23;  INT 18;  4qc - 4   - LUCK

Among these guys who would you take?  All are welcome to answer.

Typical nonsense from the troll.

As if comparing the rookie years of guys like Rodgers and Brady is pertinent to the point being made.

You never EVER fail to spew your pitiful little agenda with your every word.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

maybe you can elaborate Babe. Am I not using your stat picks and criteria for comparison?  wasn't your question who would the board pick based on the stat picks you used?  Didn't I do the same thing?  defend your position with substance rather than interjections.  This is your thread babe.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

maybe you can elaborate Babe. Am I not using your stat picks and criteria for comparison?  wasn't your question who would the board pick based on the stat picks you used?  Didn't I do the same thing?  defend your position with substance rather than interjections.  This is your thread babe.  

No. Yes. No.

I don't have to defend anything. My point was well made. Yours is moot to the point of the thread. Yours is simply the same old pitiful little homer drivel that underlies everything you do. Mine is making a greater point about the level of BS that is the NFL and the credence hot air is given over facts. I don't have any sort of homer interest in Tebow and wouldn't waste my time trying to slam Luck at this point. My motivations are pure and yours are corrupt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I thought I’d never say this about another poster but this Bass fishing dude is dumber then Rusty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I thought I’d never say this about another poster but this Bass fishing dude is dumber then Rusty.

It's BassFisting.

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/11/11/10/unintentional-fisting-3659-1289490540-1.jpg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They caught Rusty's reaction when he heard I was back for a visit.

http://www.hiphopn.com/images/im-going-crazy-this-is-what-i-look-like-every-morn1.jpg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

It's BassFisting.

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2010/11/11/10/unintentional-fisting-3659-1289490540-1.jpg

LOL, azfisting is the first thing I related to this, his 18th of 94 active aliases...I chit you not (no pun intended).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

No. Yes. No.

I don't have to defend anything. My point was well made. Yours is moot to the point of the thread. Yours is simply the same old pitiful little homer drivel that underlies everything you do. Mine is making a greater point about the level of BS that is the NFL and the credence hot air is given over facts. I don't have any sort of homer interest in Tebow and wouldn't waste my time trying to slam Luck at this point. My motivations are pure and yours are corrupt.

If I recall correctly, your point that was Luck is hyped while Tebow is panned.  As I recall, in 2011, Tebow was the biggest story in football.  The team won despite generally subpar play mixed some divine intervention.  Certainly, the Jets should have been a wonderful opportunity for Tebow (at least if you believe all the comments here about Sanchez). 

Tebow had that  - it might look ugly but a win is a win - cache going for him.  He couldn't parlay it in New York. 

It also seems to me that there's a general feeling that there was bad QB play in the NFL by many teams last year and that the college crop coming out this year is suspect.  That should mean a quick  opportunity for Tebow, but thus far we've heard nothing.  

Further, I have heard quite a bit of criticism regarding Luck's play.  The leadership is solid, but some of the decision making was suspect.  What this tells me is that you only hear what you want. 

Regardless - you do deserve criticism for comparing the stats of a 3 year career vet vs. a rookie.  Its apples and oranges as demonstrated by the stat lines I put up.  2 of the QB's are currently 2 of the best QB's in the league.  The rest are hall of famers. 

Generally speaking, Charlie Batch had a better rookie year than all of those players I mentioned.  I don't think that makes him a hall of famer. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

I can't believe Babe is a 61 year old individual. His schoolyard, weak one liners are funny because they're so pathetically awful.

TCal chiming in with his insecurity was also priceless to watch.

You're nothing but an insane crackpot junior. As if you've ever said or did anything even remotely funny here. Give us a break fool.