Which QB would you take for 2014??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Which QB would you take for 2014??

If you needed a QB to run your team, which one would you prefer To take a chance on?  

Am curious how long it takes before this gets off topic..  

Trade for Mallett.  OR

1) Bortles

2) Bridgewater

3) Manziel

4) Carr

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Which QB would you take for 2014??

If you want a player who can impact the soonest, I'd go with Mallett.  He's been in the league a couple years learning from one of the best HC and QB of all time.  Has played against NFL caliber players, too.

As good as the college QBs are, they still need to take their college games to the faster NFL level.  Of the 4, Bortles appears to be the best bet if you are willing to accept the learning curve and time to adjust before they become your team's effective QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

McCarron....between him and his hot girlfriend/model they'd make a nice bookend with TB and Giselle!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The next good, if not great, QB may well be available for a seventh rounder.  It worked with Matt Cassel.  Get somebody long and smart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

If I am the first team drafting a QB, I'd take Johnny Football.

If I am the Pats I try to get Jordan Lynch as a UDFA.  He could turn out to be a pretty good safety based on his Pro day.  Even at QB off of what I've seen of him in college I'd prefer him over Mallett.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Well, it took only 3 to lose focus, lol 

Where was Cassell or McCarron mentioned??

Main reason I started this is because of other discussions stating how low Malletts value is and trying to compare to the latest potential  "Franchise QB's".   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Connor Shaw.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to fishers5's comment:

If you needed a QB to run your team, which one would you prefer To take a chance on?  

Am curious how long it takes before this gets off topic..  

Trade for Mallett.  OR

1) Bortles

2) Bridgewater

3) Manziel

4) Carr

dpends what kind of team you have, what yoru goals are (tickets, sb's). how fast you need ot win (gm on his last straw bwefore fired?, etc.

i would not want mallet as a starter. i listed the raons last year.

also wrote that what i thought we could draft and who could be a find for us is maccarron.

best playre to watch for me is manziel. more fun than even rg3 im thinking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

The biggest issue with mallett is money - any guy you draft this year you control for 4 years at reasonable dollars. Mallett is on a one year contract at this point - if he pans out next year you have to resign him to a much bigger contract, or you sign an extension now but for a lot more over the next four years than what your first rounder is going to cost. And you can't franchise him because the cost of that is now 15+M.

The most likely scenario for the Pats is he walks next year, the most likely way they move him is late in the preseason as a replacement for some team whose starter just went down with a season ending injury.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

McCarron, plays just like Brady.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think McCarrron is on the Pats wish list. The only problem is we have pressing DL, TE and OL needs and McCarron may be gone by the time we fill those needs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Bortles. Manziel seems like a punk and I like what I see from Bortles. Good size and seems smart/motivated. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Don't be suprised to see Zach Mettenberger holding a clipboard in a Pats uni this season if only because BB likes statues.

As far as your top 4 I'd still go Bridgewater......regardless of his pro day, he has the least concerns in my book with Bortles having the potential to be boom or big bust.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I predict Manziel is going to be a bust.....way too much publicity already, and most running QBs never last too long in the NFL. Fun to watch, but they never hold up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Mallet - I'd give up a 3rd.

McCarron - Take him in the second round.

Sanchez - Considering contract, I'd put up a 4th. 

Yes, I am serious.