Which Rival Has Best Chance Of Unseating Patriots for Division?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Which Rival Has Best Chance Of Unseating Patriots for Division?

Which team and why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Which Rival Has Best Chance Of Unseating Patriots for Division?

None. Because we have BB & TB12.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I don't think anyone can unseat the Patriots. All of the nonsense being said about how this latest is going to badly hurt the Patriots is just that. I see the Patriots as a greatly improved team overall from last year, especially on defense. Brady has shown that he can move the offense with just about anyone out there and the offensive line should be very good. They've shown over and over that they are able to put distractions, injuries, and all the other negatives behind them and remain elite. They had the number one offense last year with Hernandez missing 10 games. I'd put my money on the Patriots to win the East going away with Miami being number two. Jets finish last.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The Pats biggest enemy is: 

Themselves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

I don't think anyone can unseat the Patriots. All of the nonsense being said about how this latest is going to badly hurt the Patriots is just that. I see the Patriots as a greatly improved team overall from last year, especially on defense. Brady has shown that he can move the offense with just about anyone out there and the offensive line should be very good. They've shown over and over that they are able to put distractions, injuries, and all the other negatives behind them and remain elite. They had the number one offense last year with Hernandez missing 10 games. I'd put my money on the Patriots to win the East going away with Miami being number two. Jets finish last.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Our offense I going to score points with or without Hernandez. Our defense looks like it should be greatly improved. NE is going to be a very good team, again, this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

TFB with a competent defense? good luck everyone else!  injuries are all that can derail these champs.

Aaron Dobson # 17; Tom Brady's new best friend.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

TFB with a competent defense? good luck everyone else!  injuries are all that can derail these champs.

champs? lemme check my calendar...nope it's not 2004!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Check again then.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In direct response to the quesiton posed, I don't see any AFC East team unseating the Pats.  Miami is the most improved but I don't see them as having improved enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

None of the 3 teams have a QB that is capable of 10 + wins which is what it would take to unseat them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Troll

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

now that a different shoe has dropped re: Hernandez - this year is probably as good a year for the Patriots to get unseated by a division rival.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

None, only injury could derail this train.  

Despite everything that has happened this offseason, when we look at our depth at TE; Gronk, Ballard, Fells, Sudfeld we have one of, if not the best, tightend units in the league. Granted we just lost the best fullback/Hback in the game but we may actually be better off with Huey and his strength in run blocking from the fullback position.  

They won't get credit for it from the negative Nancies here, but a huge reason Ridley ran for 1263 yards was the blocking of Fells and Huey from the fullback and tightend position, which really wasn't a huge strength of Hernandez.  

Receivers can be replaced, there are never enough balls to go around on a talented team, all we can pray for now is that BB did a good job drafting receivers this year...  that being said I think the Dolphins make the wild card this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

A nuclear bomb has the only chance of unseating the Pats as repeat division champs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

None, only injury could derail this train.  

Despite everything that has happened this offseason, when we look at our depth at TE; Gronk, Ballard, Fells, Sudfeld we have one of, if not the best, tightend units in the league. Granted we just lost the best fullback/Hback in the game but we may actually be better off with Huey and his strength in run blocking from the fullback position.  

They won't get credit for it from the negative Nancies here, but a huge reason Ridley ran for 1263 yards was the blocking of Fells and Huey from the fullback and tightend position, which really wasn't a huge strength of Hernandez.  

Receivers can be replaced, there are never enough balls to go around on a talented team, all we can pray for now is that BB did a good job drafting receivers this year...  that being said I think the Dolphins make the wild card this season.

I agree.  I don't think it will happen. the huge question mark are all the new WR corp and whether Brady will be able to hit the open man and whether his WRs can run the correct routes/options and create some separation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

now that a different shoe has dropped re: Hernandez - this year is probably as good a year for the Patriots to get unseated by a division rival.

The Pats were 5-1 last season when Hern didn't play.  His absence will not significantly reduce the Pats offensive firepower.  Others will step up and Brady won't miss a beat.  You can take that to the bank.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I don't think it will happen. the huge question mark are all the new WR corp and whether Brady will be able to hit the open man and whether his WRs can run the correct routes/options and create some separation.

[/QUOTE]

Agree, that is the "good" case scenario, the best has Dobson and Boyce being extreme physical downfield threats and Amendola looking like a young Wes.  

I've never bought into the BB is a bad drafter nonsense, nobody hits them all, but all he needs is one of those guys to become a deep threat and Amendola, who is a proven player, to stay healthy.  

IMO BB will hit on both players, I liked both of these guys in the draft, it's too bad Moe got hurt or you would have seen a rookie trifecta.  

Jenkins might become a vertical threat as well for a while, but he's as brittle as fine china.  There's still Edelman and others...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Which team and why?

NONE !!! Weakest division in football.....Pats  need to move to NFC EAST

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The thread is about a division title.  Do the math.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Pats  need to move to NFC EAST

Why?  So they can make the playoffs at 9-7?  LMFAO.

Sections
Shortcuts