Which team would you prefer in the first round of divisional playoffs? Jets, Chiefs or Ravens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpeat. Show soxpeat's posts

Re: Which team would you prefer in the first round of divisional playoffs? Jets, Chiefs or Ravens?

We've proven we can hammer the Jets at home.  That would be the best matchup for the Patriots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: Which team would you prefer in the first round of divisional playoffs? Jets, Chiefs or Ravens?

I would like this senario:

1. Indy out-Jets Win.
    2. KC wins, Ravens out.
    3. Pats play Jets-WIn
    4. Indy plays KC- Steelers win.
    5. NE-PIT  AFC Championship and NE WINS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I really don't think it's going to matter. I believe the Pats are firing right for the playoffs and will dispatch whoever shows up . . .   but in a perfect world, you want the most inept rag doll possible, and for my money, that's the Chefs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

We've played every team in the playoffs except the chiefs, which means there is no film to watch or lessons to learn from when we play them. Do you guys think that will be a problem?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Which team would you prefer in the first round of divisional playoffs? Jets, Chiefs or Ravens?:
    [QUOTE]We've played every team in the playoffs except the chiefs, which means there is no film to watch or lessons to learn from when we play them. Do you guys think that will be a problem?
    Posted by patsfantiltheend[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Pats would be up by 3 scores before the Chefs realize the game has started.

But on the other hand, they do know a lot about the Pats (at least the 2008 edition)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Chiefs look softest, only beat 2 teams with a .500 or greater record. They had 4 losses to teams with a LESS than .500 record. I am rooting for the Cheifs all the way to Foxboro.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

Of the 3 possibilities, I actually think KC might provide the toughest match-up.  I know they didn't play well today, but they have a fast, aggressive D and some big play capability offensively.  I would love our chances against the Jets at home again, and although Balt. gave us a very tough game the first time, I feel that their offense has gotten a bit stagnant toward the end of the season.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Riz6. Show Riz6's posts

Easy...the Chiefs.  If you watched them play today you would agree.  Manning is always capable of winning here, Baltimore scares me the most, and the Jets lick feet.  But the Chiefs are frauds, and Cassel coming home and beating Brady?  Impossible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

In Response to Which team would you prefer in the first round of divisional playoffs? Jets, Chiefs or Ravens?:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots play the Jets if they beat the Colts or they play the winner of the Kansas City-Baltimore game if Indy wins. I would like this senario: 1. Indy wins-Jets out. 2. Kansas wins, Ravens out. 3. Pats play Kansas-WIn 4. Indy plays Steelers- Steelers win. 5. NE-PIT  AFC Championship and NE WINS!
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I want Baltimore in the first game. The Patriots are not the same team as they were last year or game whatever it was..3 or 4?

The build up to the game will be funner that way. The 'experts' will actually be favoring the Ravens..HAHA.

AFC championship. no preference.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Give me the Jets over the Colts.

Reasons why?

Next year, you can spin "45-3 doesn't matter.  We're new."  This year?  It's fresh in the minds of those Jets players.  And as we witnessed today, Indy is still good for 3-4 completely pathetic PI calls from the refs.  Oh...and Dwight Freeney.  Indy is the lone team capable of generating a pass rush without blitzing, and Tom Brady eats a blitz alive.  So give me the Jets and their mouths.  The Pats eat up disrespect.

In the AFC title game, I'd like to see the Ravens knock off KC and the Steelers.  Call me nuts, but I'm weary of hearing about how the Ravens are the best team in the AFC.  They didn't even win their division.  And they had a one game playoff against Pittsburgh for it.  And here they are, the 5 seed with people talking like they're 15-1.  It'd be the perfect cap on the AFC season.  Shutting up the two largest anti-Pat mouths in the league.

However, I don't care who the opponent is.  As long as the result is a Patriots win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

The Ravens worry me most of all the AFC play-off teams.  They beat us last year at Foxboro so they are not intimidated.  They match up well with us and always play us tough.  It took OT to beat them this year by 3.  The Colts would be my next worrisome team just because a hot Peyton Manning can beat any team.  We already killed the Steelers and Jets and KC is so new to this, they will be happy just being in the play-offs.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Each team has a reason why I would be worried facing them, but each big game this year I felt a little worry. Only to watch our Pats handle business, weather it was a blow out, making the right plays at just the right moment, coming back from a deficit, these Pats can win a game in almost any way. This team just has that swagger and can put together whatever it takes, I welcome anyone to try and test this team in Foxboro. With time to rest our defense will improve and I don't see this offense sputtering because off the bye week. Some special is going on with this team and they are ready to go all the way. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't see how anyone can think the Ravens are tougher matchup than the Colts would be. Who would you rather see with two minutes to go under center, needing a field goal to win the game? Joe Flacco or Peyton Manning? Flacco every time. C'mon! Manning is much better at exploiting our defense at the line of scrimmage and making adjustments. I don't care if they have some key players out, they have enough. Including Freeney and Mathis, arguably our worst offensive line matchup in the league (unless we try to run the ball instead of doing short screens). 

So the Colts are the toughest matchup and its not even close. The Ravens are next, and then the Steelers. 

Having said that, you have to beat the best to be the best. So I wouldn't mind seeing us have to beat the Ravens, the Colts, and then the best the NFC has to offer. But: it wouldn't be the easiest route to the Super Bowl. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

" But: it wouldn't be the easiest route to the Super Bowl."

The Patriots have earned, through having ownership of the best record in the AFC, the easiest route to the Superbowl.  Bring on anyonefor they must come through Foxboro.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Which team would you prefer in the first round of divisional playoffs? Jets, Chiefs or Ravens?:
    [QUOTE]I think the Pats will take all comers, so I'd like to the Jets and Ravens advance from the WC weekend. That would make both divisional round games match ups between big time rivals. It'd also be great to hear a week of half-hearted trash talk out of the Jets before ending their season.
    Posted by heisthejuan[/QUOTE]

I don't really think New Jersey can get by the Colts, but if they did, that would set up awesome rivalry matches in the divisional round -- with New Jersey coming into Foxboro and Baltimore travelling to Bitchburgh.

(there's just no way the Chefs are going to hang with the Ravens . . .   no way)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In my best "Rock" imitation:
    IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WE PLAY IN THE FIRST ROUND!

still laughing my azz off about how rediculiously easy it was to finish this season. I'm a season ticket holder and I was there and if this was a meaningless game to our boys, I didn't see it one iota! the only thing I hope is that danny's head will be alright for the playoffs.

yeah, guys, I've got my rose collored glasses on and I don't see anybody in the afc that so called scares me cause they gotta come up to our house. how fkn cool was it to see green ellis get a grand rushing eh? the gronk is for real! this team is just that damn good on both sides of the ball, special teams, I am out of my fkn mind about how good this team is right now. TB has more weapons at his choosing than cartah got livah pills. I mean wholy crapppp! vince wilfork got two sacks...........
    pats are 6/5 odds to raise another championship.
    so the bottom line is I don't shive a git who we get for the first round. bring it on. whooooooooooooooooooooooooooouh!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

First: 1/21/2010
    Last: 1/3/2011
    I really don't think it's going to matter. I believe the Pats are firing right for the playoffs and will dispatch whoever shows up . . .   but in a perfect world, you want the most inept rag doll possible, and for my money, that's the Chefs.
    The "chefs"!, great googely moogely!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

seeing how the only choice now is the Jets or the Colts I'm going to go with the Colts.  The Colts regular season success against us has not succeeded in the playoffs, and they are still a team that is thin, beat up, and missing a lot of key players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I think we are ready to play anybody.  So, if you ask me who i would rather play.  I rather play the team who is good enough to make it to Foxboro.