Which trade we made is better?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Which trade we made is better?

Welker and Moss for a 2nd and 4th

OR

Derrick Burgess for a 3rd and 5th (in one of the deepest drafts in history)

Ooch...

Hey not bashing here, ok maybe a little, we all make mistakes talk to my ex wife.  Another point here.  Felger stated the other day that i think it was from 04 to 08 the Pats had the WORSE draft success in the league.  It was rated number of players drafted from that time to number of players still on the roster.  Pats were last with 32.7%.  I'm blaming Scott Polio for this because last year we drafted 12 players and I think we still have 11 and I think that was the 1st year Polio didn't effect our draft, I know it's still early.  We have 13 draft pics this year and I'm expecting big things.  My numbers might be a little off but you get my point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Which trade we made is better?

In Response to Which trade we made is better?:
    [QUOTE]Welker and Moss for a 2nd and 4thPosted by RealtyPats[/QUOTE]

of course

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

Please let this thread die...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Ive said for a while that the Pats need to do a better job drafting. Last year we could have had Matthews at OLB and Laurinaitis or Maualuga for ILB. How sweet would that have been? A couple years ago I was screaming when I heard we drafted Whilite instead of J-Charles. Im sure everyone will play the hindsight card , its not 20/20 when I screaming at the moment. It wasnt the day after or a year later it was right then , a couple picks before hand. Man we have a chance to get....oh chit we traded down and got Brace. This draft is extremely important , its no secret that we need a pass rush. IMHO its very hard to figure out which projected OLB will hit. They all scream 2nd round to me , I dont see any stand out-blue chipper. I really believe we have to grab a quality WR and DE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

What the heck is your point?  Seriously?  Just pointing out facts?  If you are, then just come out and say Pats had the worst draft success between 04-08.  Why the quiz on what was a better trade.  It's on obvious question.  So my question would be, what's the point of this post? 

We should probably just run Kraft out of town and replace him and BB with one of the other 31 teams owners and coaches because they drafted better and took every one of their teams to the superbowl, multiple times, since the Pats last won.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

[QUOTE]Welker and Moss for a 2nd and 4th OR Derrick Burgess for a 3rd and 5th (in one of the deepest drafts in history) Ooch... Hey not bashing here, ok maybe a little, we all make mistakes talk to my ex wife.  Another point here.  Felger stated the other day that i think it was from 04 to 08 the Pats had the WORSE draft success in the league.  It was rated number of players drafted from that time to number of players still on the roster.  Pats were last with 32.7%.  I'm blaming Scott Polio for this because last year we drafted 12 players and I think we still have 11 and I think that was the 1st year Polio didn't effect our draft, I know it's still early.  We have 13 draft pics this year and I'm expecting big things.  My numbers might be a little off but you get my point.
    Posted by RealtyPats[/QUOTE]That is a misleading statistic. It doesn't take into account how difficult it was to make the Pat's roster. A lot of those players went on to play on other teams in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Welker and Moss for a 2nd and 4th OR Derrick Burgess for a 3rd and 5th (in one of the deepest drafts in history) Ooch... Hey not bashing here, ok maybe a little, we all make mistakes talk to my ex wife.  Another point here.  Felger stated the other day that i think it was from 04 to 08 the Pats had the WORSE draft success in the league.  It was rated number of players drafted from that time to number of players still on the roster.  Pats were last with 32.7%.  I'm blaming Scott Polio for this because last year we drafted 12 players and I think we still have 11 and I think that was the 1st year Polio didn't effect our draft, I know it's still early.  We have 13 draft pics this year and I'm expecting big things.  My numbers might be a little off but you get my point.
    Posted by RealtyPats[/QUOTE]
    Couldn't agree with you more on the drafting under Pioli. I posted a thread about him being overated about a month ago and was slammed for several days. Do I think Pioli is terrible? No, but I think he got put on a pedalstill because of Belicheck and Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Which trade we made is better?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Which trade we made is better? : That is a misleading statistic. It doesn't take into account how difficult it was to make the Pat's roster. A lot of those players went on to play on other teams in the league.
    Posted by Cyberknot[/QUOTE]

Still in the league.  This is not definitive, some other guys might be on somebody's roster, but they aren't playing much.  I don't know if this is all that bad in comparison to other teams.  2007 was obviously a lousy draft. 

2004: Watson and Wilfork
    2005: Mankins, Hobbs, Kaczur and Cassel
    2006: Maroney, DThomas, Gostkowski, O'Callaghan and LeKevin Smith
    2007: Meriweather
    2008: Mayo, Wheatley, Crable, Wilhite, Slater (not sure about O'Connell and Ruud)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

"Last year we could have had Matthews at OLB and Laurinaitis or Maualuga for ILB"

Yes, but then we wouldn't have Pat Chung or Ron Brace. They both contributed so much last year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

What people don't understand though is that the Patriots are a good team with good depth. Sure we have spots now here and there that need help, like LB, DE, WR but for the most part before the complete overhaul on defense especially, (Bruschi, Harrison, Vrbael, Seymore) we had alot of depth so THERE WASN'T ALOT OF ROSTER SPOT OPENINGS THUS NOT MANY DRAFT PICKS COULD MAKE THE TEAM. WHERE AS SAY THE LIONS OR RAMS WHO BOTH STINK, HAVE OPENINGS SO IT'S NOT AS HARD FOR A 5TH, 6TH OR 7TH ROUND PICK TO MAKE THE TEAM. Those are my thoughts on the matter, sorry for the caps just wanted to capitalize the point of my lecturing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Which trade we made is better?:
    [QUOTE]Ive said for a while that the Pats need to do a better job drafting. Last year we could have had Matthews at OLB and Laurinaitis or Maualuga for ILB. How sweet would that have been? A couple years ago I was screaming when I heard we drafted Whilite instead of J-Charles. Im sure everyone will play the hindsight card , its not 20/20 when I screaming at the moment. It wasnt the day after or a year later it was right then , a couple picks before hand. Man we have a chance to get....oh chit we traded down and got Brace. This draft is extremely important , its no secret that we need a pass rush. IMHO its very hard to figure out which projected OLB will hit. They all scream 2nd round to me , I dont see any stand out-blue chipper. I really believe we have to grab a quality WR and DE.
    Posted by ONE-TIME[/QUOTE]

Ok, so if you're so smart, tell us now who the Pats should draft this year, instead of claiming that you knew everything last year.  Your screenname only dates back to last week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Pryor, Vollmer, Butler, Ingram and Edelman. If last year is any indication of where the Pats are headed in the future, then I feel more comfortable with Belichick, Reese and Caesario than Pioli and BB. Gholston, Robertson, Nagle etc....all Jets misses....Breer just listed some of the Phins misses (Ginn being the biggest....compare 9th overall to Chad Jackson....far worse...for that high a WR pick I want Moss/Fitzgerald/Johnson clones). Every team has hits and misses in the draft. In '06 and '07 the Pats had great vets on the roster; you can't expect a guy like Oscar Lua to steal quality playing time from Tedy Bruschi. The whole draft do-oever thing is complete BS. Your board is your board, you don't change it because some chimp on a website thinks they're knowledge incarnate when it comes to the NFL draft. No one is....not Polian or Belichick or Newsome or whoever, you have good drafts and bad drafts. The 2009, 2010, and 2011 drafts will all be important for the long term stability and competitiveness of the Pats franchise. The fact that the Pats can remain highly competitive over ten years proves that they know what they are doing. Consider this: We took a 7th round player (Cassel), coached him up, and parlayed that into a 2nd round pick. What the Phins just did with Ginn(1st into a 5th) and the Jets will do (eventually) with Gholston is the exact opposite.

Sorry for the rant. Acquiring Moss and Welker was as important as any player we drafted between 05-08....exceptions being Mankins and Fork who many considered reaches from the positions they were drafted at. Like I said, no one is an expert and you can't get it right all the time.