Which UDFA Do You Hope Makes the Team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Which UDFA Do You Hope Makes the Team?

I'm not asking for what guy you think makes the team.  I want to know what guy you want to make the team.  For me it's Roy Finch.  This guy runs like he is 30 pounds heavier than he actually is.  I think he could be great in the return game.  I love guys that get passed over because of their size (ala Woodhead).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Re: Which UDFA Do You Hope Makes the Team?

Finch would be a good one, but I think White is a better back and could also return kicks. With the Pat's lack of depth at LB, Gordon would be my pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Joe Don Duncan and Morris. I want both as we have a need at both positions for depth

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I like the LB Gordon as well, but am intrigued by RB Houston and the big TE out of ECU, Jones? I believe is his last name. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not asking for what guy you think makes the team.  I want to know what guy you want to make the team.  For me it's Roy Finch.  This guy runs like he is 30 pounds heavier than he actually is.  I think he could be great in the return game.  I love guys that get passed over because of their size (ala Woodhead).

[/QUOTE]

I just read an article on the kid that said the coaches there didn't think he practiced hard or took the game seriously - he was buried on the depth chart because of it. I haven't seen any of his tape, but I'm going to check it out anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just read an article on the kid that said the coaches there didn't think he practiced hard or took the game seriously - he was buried on the depth chart because of it. I haven't seen any of his tape, but I'm going to check it out anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Just call him pocket Hercules...the guy is totally ripped

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe Don Duncan and Morris. I want both as we have a need at both positions for depth

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

[/QUOTE]

10-4 here...we need them both to come through

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

My picks would be Finch and Joe Don Duncan. Both are fun to watch and easy to root for.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Jones the TE @ 6'8" and 275 hope he gets it-could use another TE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jones the TE @ 6'8" and 275 hope he gets it-could use another TE

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Only issue is apparently he is a below average blocker and is a bit slow (both physical and upstairs since he was ineligible his last year for academic reasons). If he can make the team, great, he's a massive body. But, I don't think BB will have him on the team to run 5yrds and stand straight up. The kid needs to learn to block in a hurry over the summer and give them a reason other than his size to keep him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

Do we officially have Joe Don Duncan?? I saw a link Saturday nite that he was going to sign with the Patriots but haven't seen his name announced. This guy has a chance to make the 53

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Jones is interesting because he has that height but he also had a serious vertical jump and I find Houston stats to be exciting - strange to me that he would go undrafted - decent speed, incredible hops, pass catching.

JDD has a broken foot so that may be an issue with his signing - just complicates the situation and the negotiation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mia76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jones is interesting because he has that height but he also had a serious vertical jump and I find Houston stats to be exciting - strange to me that he would go undrafted - decent speed, incredible hops, pass catching.

JDD has a broken foot so that may be an issue with his signing - just complicates the situation and the negotiation.

[/QUOTE]

That makes sense then. I read somewhere that he agreed to go to Colts camp, but he didn't sign there either. Time to move on.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

It would be great of we struck gold in a TE, an OL, a LB or a DL. If it is just a matter of someone good enough to add depth we need that at LB and TE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

From a need perspective, I want one of the LBs to be a success.  Other than that, I'm hoping Asa Watson makes it, just because I always liked his brother Ben. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

hard to choose a favorite without a single practice, let alone a preseason game, but we could really use depth at TE, RB, and LB, so hopefully a few of those guys make it. the giant TE is intruiging but seems like more of a practice squad guy. the michigan LB sounds like mostly a special teams player but he got a $20k signing bonus which is huge (consider that each team has a limit of $80k total to spend on undrafted players) so they must see something in him. i have a feeling the Iowa LB will have a good chance to stick. not great measurables but a very productive college player and a serious position of need. the indiana RB probably will get a good chance to unseat Bolden, he's got a skill set we need and dont have with the loss of Blount.

there a lot of interesting undrafted players this time around, and we know BB has no fear of using them, so it will be interesting to see how they develop.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyBruski54. Show TeddyBruski54's posts

I really like this kid from Indiana Stephen Houston:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxsd7d775-w" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxsd7d775-w

This kid is solid, I like Finch as well--They both have a chance to make the team IMO.

http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/340040/tedy-bruschi/im-a-football-player-by-trade-thats-what-i-do-so" rel="nofollow">“I'm a football player by trade. That's what I do, ... So I did everything I could to make myself a football player again.”

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

James Morris was a home run URFA, IMO... really like his chances to make the team as I think he's instinctive, underrated athleticially and shows 4 down potential... really surprised that he wasn't drafted.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'd really like Jones to make the 53-man.  That would make for a couple of really massive TEs and provide some depth at the position. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I'd like to see Jones make it too. The kid is huge and if he learns how to get in the corner of the endzone and grab the ball at the highest point, he won't need to be able to block!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

James Morris was a home run URFA, IMO... really like his chances to make the team as I think he's instinctive, underrated athleticially and shows 4 down potential... really surprised that he wasn't drafted.

Good to hear mbeaulieu.   Need depth at LB, so hope he's an answer there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would like to see Tyler Ott make it...

what is Ott's specialty?....Throws the ball between his legs while bending over.

seriosly, I would like to see Gordon. Intrigued by his athleticism and he is still learning to play LB, but has played safety and WR previously. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which ever one helps get us to the SB...and win it....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Jamea Thomas kid has a chance to replace Slater as the new Ace. He would present better value with a rookie contract(6th round) and ability to play in sub packages. To be honest, J.T. IMO is the most intriguing  UDFA we have. I think he makes the team and is playing in sub packages by mid year. Its not that he is THAT good, but our safeties have been THAT bad. He is better than Harmon and Wilson IMO and maybe better than Chung as well. He can play CB or S but I see his immediate impact in sub packages playing the slot where he can use his blitzing skills to come off the edge. I really like the potential of J.T. I think he WILL do what BB thought Tavon was gonna do for us.