Which UDFA Do You Hope Makes the Team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Which UDFA Do You Hope Makes the Team?

In response to TripleOG's comment:

The Jamea Thomas kid has a chance to replace Slater as the new Ace. He would present better value with a rookie contract(6th round) and ability to play in sub packages. To be honest, J.T. IMO is the most intriguing  UDFA we have. I think he makes the team and is playing in sub packages by mid year. Its not that he is THAT good, but our safeties have been THAT bad. He is better than Harmon and Wilson IMO and maybe better than Chung as well. He can play CB or S but I see his immediate impact in sub packages playing the slot where he can use his blitzing skills to come off the edge. I really like the potential of J.T. I think he WILL do what BB thought Tavon was gonna do for us.

Wasn't Thomas a 6th rounder?  Pretty cool post about him here http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/5/11/5707146/the-talented-jemea-thomas

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't see Thomas as the Slater type. The reason I say that is because I think this kid can help in money downs and that they drafted him as insurance they can't resign McCourty. Not to mention McCourty really doesn't have any real backup right now. So while Slater is almost a pure STer (best in the game) Thomas might see the field more often. I do think he could be a good gunner though, however, he'll be in a fight with 3-4 other players as the teams possible KR man. Notice 2 of the late drafted guys and 2 UDFA's have sub 4.4 speed and are said to be extremely elusive. I think BB has seen what we have for the last couple of years, we need a KRer and brought in a bunch of kids with speed.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The Jamea Thomas kid has a chance to replace Slater as the new Ace. He would present better value with a rookie contract(6th round) and ability to play in sub packages. To be honest, J.T. IMO is the most intriguing  UDFA we have. I think he makes the team and is playing in sub packages by mid year. Its not that he is THAT good, but our safeties have been THAT bad. He is better than Harmon and Wilson IMO and maybe better than Chung as well. He can play CB or S but I see his immediate impact in sub packages playing the slot where he can use his blitzing skills to come off the edge. I really like the potential of J.T. I think he WILL do what BB thought Tavon was gonna do for us.

Wasn't Thomas a 6th rounder?  Pretty cool post about him here http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/5/11/5707146/the-talented-jemea-thomas" rel="nofollow">http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/5/11/5707146/the-talented-jemea-thomas" rel="nofollow">http://www.patspulpit.com/2014/5/11/5707146/the-talented-jemea-thomas

Yea he was, I just posted in this thread because I actually like him the most out of the entire draft. IMO 6th and 7th are similar to UDFA's in term of expectations.

Eng, I also believe he could make an impact in our Defense This year but he will probably have to show up on special teams in preseason and he has the tools for it. So he may not replace Slater but he Will have to play special teams even if he does play a role and I think he will be a great gunner with his speed and tackling ability. This article goes into depth about what he can do and his projections.

http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/10/01/2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report-jemea-thomas-db-georgia-tech/" rel="nofollow">http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/10/01/2014-nfl-draft-scouting-report-jemea-thomas-db-georgia-tech/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think size wise, they arent the best but in terms of being able to make early impacts, I like Thomas and Gallons. I just think that we dont NEED Gallons to play this year so its a luxury, but if Jules and Danny werent here, I could see Gallons making the team and having an impact as well. Hard to argue their production in contrast to the other picks.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Joe Don Duncan and Morris. I want both as we have a need at both positions for depth

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

I have a question...does anyone actually have confirmation on these two guys?

I see a lot of posters here are fairly high on these two guys but I don't see that the Pats have signed either of them.

Reiss was asked today about JDD and said he doesn't think he's coming to NE. I checked the Pats website and while the roster shows the UDFA's who have signed, Morris is not listed as being on the team.

They both sound intriguing but it doesn't seem that either are members of the Patriots...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jones will be completely unguardable running along the back edge of the end zone, or anywhere else on the field.  Tom Brady just throws a trajectory above the crossbar and Jones jumps up for it.  Nothing else is up there.  Usually Jones will come down with it, otherwise it sails out of the endzone.  Worse, Jones has explosion for his size, and at that weight plus those levers he can be taught to latch onto a guy and block him out.  He'll be looking down on Gronk.

Do I think he'll make it?  Who knows, he's a college malcontent, maybe he'll quit next week.  Maybe not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Jones will be completely unguardable running along the back edge of the end zone, or anywhere else on the field.  Tom Brady just throws a trajectory above the crossbar and Jones jumps up for it.  Nothing else is up there.  Usually Jones will come down with it, otherwise it sails out of the endzone.  Worse, Jones has explosion for his size, and at that weight plus those levers he can be taught to latch onto a guy and block him out.  He'll be looking down on Gronk.

Do I think he'll make it?  Who knows, he's a college malcontent, maybe he'll quit next week.  Maybe not.

I assume you are talking about the 6'8" Tight end?  The last guy I remember was that big was the guy who played in Atlanta who I believe we actually brought in. Never worked out. Now they say he is agile for his size but I dont see it. BB just trying to see if he gets lucky but he hasnt really been in terms of tight ends. Give me a traditional vet TE in free agency after June 1st (think H.Miller type) and hope Asa Watson can play the "move" tight end role.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I too am excited about Jones.  I think he could really be a great 6th lineman/blocking TE.  I just wish we still had blount to run behind our upgraded line and monster Te's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

its interesting that most of us (me included) are more excited and interested in the UDFA's than the actual draft picks. but it makes sense because some of those guys could be more important in the short term than the draft picks. and lets face it...we all knew we needed O line depth but its not that fun to talk about guards and centers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Tyler Beck already cut . . .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I assume you are talking about the 6'8" Tight end?  The last guy I remember was that big was the guy who played in Atlanta who I believe we actually brought in. Never worked out. Now they say he is agile for his size but I dont see it. BB just trying to see if he gets lucky but he hasnt really been in terms of tight ends. Give me a traditional vet TE in free agency after June 1st (think H.Miller type) and hope Asa Watson can play the "move" tight end role.

I freely admit that Jones may possibly have a learning disability or else he picked up a permanent brain injury somewhere.  This thread's question isn't about which free agent do you think has the best chance to make the team. 

When you rummage through a box of free hammers, the maul looks really useful for pounding stakes but don't expect a really smart maul and make sure its head stays on straight. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Tyler Ott . . .  a Harvard boy (must be smart) . .  .  would be a better Long Snapper than we now have and he has the potential to develop into a TE.  So we might get a little more play out of the guy on special team kickoff coverage, down field coverage after he snaps the ball, and maybe as the 3rd TE until Gronk is ready to go 100%.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Fauria made it as a UDFA in Detroit last year, similar height, not as bulky. Made some plays for them. I believe the Falcons just drafted a 6'8 TE from Stanford, Tollilo (or something like that)? Heck, Gronk and Jimmy Graham are only an inch shorter. Height is in.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Fauria made it as a UDFA in Detroit last year, similar height, not as bulky. Made some plays for them. I believe the Falcons just drafted a 6'8 TE from Stanford, Tollilo (or something like that)? Heck, Gronk and Jimmy Graham are only an inch shorter. Height is in.

Not saying it cant happen, but I see more intriguing guys ahead of him. He ran a slow 40. Doesnt run great routes or has played in nfl type offense. I see this kid as a conversion to D line before he lands as a TE.

Gronk is a legit 6'6" and Im worried every time he runs after the catch. We dont need any more freaks. We need a reliable, consistent guy to compliment Gronk, not another injury waiting to happen IMO.

I like the potential of the Asa Watson kid cuz he is versatile BUT I hope Keller is healthy and signs with us cuz ALL these tight ends are projects IMO.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:

Jones the TE @ 6'8" and 275 hope he gets it-could use another TE

[object HTMLDivElement]

Only issue is apparently he is a below average blocker and is a bit slow (both physical and upstairs since he was ineligible his last year for academic reasons). If he can make the team, great, he's a massive body. But, I don't think BB will have him on the team to run 5yrds and stand straight up. The kid needs to learn to block in a hurry over the summer and give them a reason other than his size to keep him.

Didnt know that -thanks -And there goes wishful thinking-LOL

• Sections
    Shortcuts