Which was the better throw?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Which was the better throw?

Brady's 33 yarder to Vereen or his 47 yarder to Welker?  And, which was the better catch?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Which was the better throw?

Vereen  I think was the better throw. More infront of the receiver and in a place the defender had no shot of making the play

Welker was the better catch. I mean a 1 handed catch acroos your body with the defender basically holding down your other arm and having the inside track, that was just a silly catch

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My opinion is that both throws were pretty close in terms of accuracy but that the coverage on Welker was better making Welker's the better of the two catches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The throw to Vereen was as good as it gets on that play.  TB's throwing to the front pylon...ball, player, and goal line all meet in one nifty little package.

Crazy good play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

At the last second the defender pulled back on Welker, but, Welker made a great catch.  The pass to Vareen was dropped right into his hands, on the run, and just beyond the outstretched arms of the defender.  That is the better throw and catch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Vereen  I think was the better throw. More infront of the receiver and in a place the defender had no shot of making the play

Welker was the better catch. I mean a 1 handed catch acroos your body with the defender basically holding down your other arm and having the inside track, that was just a silly catch

Nailed it.  The Welker catch was just ridiculous.  He has 1 or 2 of those per season, seemingly just to shut up people who say he can't go downfield.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Imo, that was the best deep ball TB's thrown this season.  Unreal play.  He hit Vereen in stride.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Agreed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Other then being out the Gronk throw and catch was amazing , the guy re broke his arm and still held the ball    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Both were amazing. i would like to give honorable mention to the 3rd and I think 12 on the 3rd drive where he hit WW for a 1st in the middle of 2 defenders. Needled that ball!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Both were amazing. i would like to give honorable mention to the 3rd and I think 12 on the 3rd drive where he hit WW for a 1st in the middle of 2 defenders. Needled that ball!

That was a hell of a throw, no question.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

That was an arm strength throw.  Brady still has a cannon on those intermediate throws even at 35.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Can we please pay Welker! The man is so damn durable it's rediculous.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pass to Vereen was the better pass, imo.  Great catch by a running back.

Lots of hand fighting going on with the Welker catch, that was a pretty amazing catch.

Best throw to Vereen

Best catch by Welker.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

agree the pass to Vareen was spot on perfect but let's give the RB some credit there for making that catch. Definitely not an easy play for a RB! There was a bit of luck invovled in the Welker catch but he definitely attoned for the earlier drop.

Sections
Shortcuts