Which young QB is most bound for Canton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Which young QB is most bound for Canton?

we all know that warner, brady, favre and peyton are LOCKS. but what of the next generation or group. I will add in Ben and Eli in also. If they stay healthy, they are kind of locks also esp since they both have rings! Guys like Shaun Hill, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Mcnabb, Matt Schaub, Michael Vick could make a run if they get hot and help a team or 2 win a ring. Youngies like Kevin Kolb, Josh Freeman, Vince Young or Matthew Stafford could be the real deals but we'll see as they get some playing time and starts. Oldies like Kerry Collins have simply run out of time (like steve mcnair). I think that kid Jimmy Clausen will be a great pro, as will Timmy Tebow, the USC kid (tradition) and the freshman kid from Michigan!

Guys like jason Campbell, Trent Edwards and brady quinn are doomed to be long term backups at best in the NFL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Which young QB is most bound for Canton?

Too small a body of work at this time.  A quick start to a career does not make HoF material.  In addition to stats, they need to lead their respective teams to a conference title, at least, not necessarily a SB title.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

BEN ROETHLISBERGER

He's already got 2 Super Bowl rings, it'll be damn hard to deny him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Which young QB is most bound for Canton?:
    BEN ROETHLISBERGER He's already got 2 Super Bowl rings, it'll be damn hard to deny him.
    Posted by NickC1188

He ain't that young!!  Hence this list, but, he is a glaring omission since we have Rivers in there.  Which is why I voted "others".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]BEN ROETHLISBERGER He's already got 2 Super Bowl rings, it'll be damn hard to deny him.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]DUDE, I ASSUME u can read. right up top i said that it was a no-brainer for the likes of eli, ben and brees. y waste time with low hanging fruit? of course, ben is hall material already! wanted to feature the unsung guys or those still yet to build up that resume. which is y romo is up there. he's nowhere near the class of an eli or ben.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Missed that note about Ben as I saw you would ADD him...  I do stick by my original post, the group you have, not much of a body of work to judge now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Roethlisberger is already a lock -- he can't possibly f*ck up the free lunch Bitchburgh has given him.

There is no one else realistically on the horizon at this point.

Claussen and Tebow are Gilbert Gottfried bits at this point.

Neither one of them is ever going to be anything in the NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

i think brian hoyer will be the next victor kiam.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

In Response to Which young QB is most bound for Canton?:
    [QUOTE]we all know that warner, brady, manning, and peyton are LOCKS. but what of the next generation or group. I will add in Ben and Eli in also. If they stay healthy, they are kind of locks also esp since they both have rings! Guys like Sean Hill, Drew Brees, Mcnabb, Matt Schaub, Michael Vick could make a run if they get hot and help a team or 2 win a ring. Youngies like Kevin Kolb, Josh Freeman, Vince Young or Stafford could be the real deals but we'll see as they get some playing time and starts. Oldies like Kerry Collins have simply run out of time. I think that kid Jimmy Clausen will be a great pro, as will Timmy Tebow and the freshman kid from Michigan! Guys like jason Campbell, Trent Edwards and brady quinn are doomed to be long term backups at best in the NFL!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

Interesting question. A bit early to be judging but if I had to say right now the only ones with a good shot are:
    Flacco, Ryan, Rivers, and Palmer. They have a body of work that if they could get some championships around them they have a good shot when coupled with their numbers. Romo is never going to be a Hall of Fame guy, former players like Troy Aikman and Tony Dorsett have as much as said they think he is not putting the time into his game to be a Hall of Fame Championship QB. The rest of your list is way to early to tell though of the rookies I like Sanchez and Stafford, they both will have a good career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which young QB is most bound for Canton? : DUDE, I ASSUME u can read. right up top i said that it was a no-brainer for the likes of eli, ben and brees. y waste time with low hanging fruit? of course, ben is hall material already! wanted to feature the unsung guys or those still yet to build up that resume. which is y romo is up there. he's nowhere near the class of an eli or ben.

Wait, you think Eli is a lock?  I'd take a look at his career passer rating, then ask - is he REALLY one of the best QB's of his generation?  I'd say no - he won't have the stats to justify the Hall, only the pedigree.

And I'm not a Giants hater - I just think the rest of the team is so good that Eli can throw up ducks regularly and get away with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Not sure who is headed to Canton, but I will add this, you can pretty much determine these days who will be a factor right away.  Manning, Rivers, Flacco, Brady, Big Ben all have stepped right in.  The Alex Smiths, Joey Harrington's of the world have not developed and never will.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Which young QB is most bound for Canton? : Interesting question. A bit early to be judging but if I had to say right now the only ones with a good shot are: Flacco, Ryan, Rivers, and Palmer. They have a body of work that if they could get some championships around them they have a good shot when coupled with their numbers. Romo is never going to be a Hall of Fame guy, former players like Troy Aikman and Tony Dorsett have as much as said they think he is not putting the time into his game to be a Hall of Fame Championship QB. The rest of your list is way to early to tell though of the rookies I like Sanchez and Stafford, they both will have a good career.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]I initially meant to add in AARON rodgers to the poll. I would definitely have him in the mix. give him an offensive line and coach him up to drop the bledsoe bit of holding on to the ball forever, and you have a top 5 QB very soon!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Which young QB is most bound for Canton?:
    [QUOTE]we all know that warner, brady, manning, and peyton are LOCKS. but what of the next generation or group. I will add in Ben and Eli in also. If they stay healthy, they are kind of locks also esp since they both have rings! Guys like Sean Hill, Drew Brees, Mcnabb, Matt Schaub, Michael Vick could make a run if they get hot and help a team or 2 win a ring. Youngies like Kevin Kolb, Josh Freeman, Vince Young or Stafford could be the real deals but we'll see as they get some playing time and starts. Oldies like Kerry Collins have simply run out of time. I think that kid Jimmy Clausen will be a great pro, as will Timmy Tebow and the freshman kid from Michigan! Guys like jason Campbell, Trent Edwards and brady quinn are doomed to be long term backups at best in the NFL!

I project Tim Tebow at tight end.  I don't think he'll make it as a pocket passer and he won't be able to plow over linebackers while scrambling in the league.  AT BEST, I think he looks like a left handed David Garrard in a college uniform.  But if you can project kids in college into the Hall, you really should be working for a team, not posting threads on Boston.com's forums.  Same goes for the rookies this year - it's more like playing the lottery on guessing their success.

I think there's a microscopic chance that Shaun Hill could be the next Tom Brady - he was largely shunned at first, already runs an offense similar to what a young Brady ran (avoiding turnovers, short-medium patterns).  Having Frank Gore and Glen Coffee doesn't hurt either, though.  He has to win rings like Brady though, or discover previously unknown passing abilities.

I think Matt Ryan has a good chance at the rate he's going - good numbers, good winning percentage - but even with him I think it's way too soon to tell?

I don't know about McNabb... but I do know the race card will be played again when he's discussed.  It's difficult for me to get the image of him hunched over and winded at the end of Super Bowl XXXIX out of my head and how he and Andy Reid squandered the clock, and it's hard for me to say that such squandering is Hall-worthy.  I think of him like I do Jim Kelly, in losing big games but still winning at a high percentage and putting up good stats in passing offenses.  He might, and with the race card thrown in I think he will.

Drew Brees might have the stats to make it to the Hall regardless if he continues to put up 4,000+yds & 25+tds / season, but a ring never hurts.

And I'm very doubtful that Michael Vick will overcome the controversy attached to him AND put up Hall of Fame numbers.  Even if he did lead his team to a ring, he still wouldn't have the career stat totals to compare to the QB's of his generation.  His chance left two years ago when he lost two years of his prime to jail.  If he continued for those two years at the rate he was going, I think he would have had the unique numbers to make an argument (running yards and TD's from the QB position).  Now I think he has to win multiple rings and a lot of PR.  I don't think one ring will do it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think Aaron Rodgers could put up big numbers if he had but one blocker in front of him... but he might get pulverized and shell shocked before he ever gets a chance to do anything

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which young QB is most bound for Canton? : He ain't that young!!  Hence this list, but, he is a glaring omission since we have Rivers in there.  Which is why I voted "others".
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Palmer and Garrard are older than Ben

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

This was posted at 6:56 today on ESPN.com's NFL Rumor Central:
    "Some in Dallas are speculating that Tony Romo forgot it was fourth down when he threw an incomplete pass at receiver Sam Hurd leaving one second on the clock.

The situation was fourth-and-goal: Romo had already thrown Hurd's way once on third down. yet he throws Hurd's way again. It's broken up by Champ Bailey, which clinches the game for the Broncos. Game over, right?

Romo didn't think so. On video caught by KDFW Fox-4, he seems to tell his offensive line to get back in their stances for another play.

"He then flashes three fingers to one of the game officials," the Star-Telegram points out. "After hearing the response, Romo screams and walks off field."

Did Romo forget about the spike on second down to stop the clock? We may know tomorrow, when he could address the media. Stay tuned."

Doesn't sound Hall-worthy to me

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Which young QB is most bound for Canton? : I project Tim Tebow at tight end.  I don't think he'll make it as a pocket passer and he won't be able to plow over linebackers while scrambling in the league.  AT BEST, I think he looks like a left handed David Garrard in a college uniform.  But if you can project kids in college into the Hall, you really should be working for a team, not posting threads on Boston.com's forums.  Same goes for the rookies this year - it's more like playing the lottery on guessing their success. I think there's a microscopic chance that Shaun Hill could be the next Tom Brady - he was largely shunned at first, already runs an offense similar to what a young Brady ran (avoiding turnovers, short-medium patterns).  Having Frank Gore and Glen Coffee doesn't hurt either, though.  He has to win rings like Brady though, or discover previously unknown passing abilities. I think Matt Ryan has a good chance at the rate he's going - good numbers, good winning percentage - but even with him I think it's way too soon to tell? I don't know about McNabb... but I do know the race card will be played again when he's discussed.  It's difficult for me to get the image of him hunched over and winded at the end of Super Bowl XXXIX out of my head and how he and Andy Reid squandered the clock, and it's hard for me to say that such squandering is Hall-worthy.  I think of him like I do Jim Kelly, in losing big games but still winning at a high percentage and putting up good stats in passing offenses.  He might, and with the race card thrown in I think he will. Drew Brees might have the stats to make it to the Hall regardless if he continues to put up 4,000+yds & 25+tds / season, but a ring never hurts. And I'm very doubtful that Michael Vick will overcome the controversy attached to him AND put up Hall of Fame numbers.  Even if he did lead his team to a ring, he still wouldn't have the career stat totals to compare to the QB's of his generation.  His chance left two years ago when he lost two years of his prime to jail.  If he continued for those two years at the rate he was going, I think he would have had the unique numbers to make an argument (running yards and TD's from the QB position).  Now I think he has to win multiple rings and a lot of PR.  I don't think one ring will do it.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]nice post. be careful though with the race card thing. because there is smoke doesnt necessarily mean there's fire. Because you call your head a pumpkin doesnt make it halloween, a sheep will still only have 4 legs even if u choose to call the tail a leg. bottom line is that mcnabb right now like mcnair, dougie williams and randall cunningham are not going to get token selections. after all, it is still white guys who largely make the decision, set the criteria and have the POWER that comes with the final say, not the brothas. warren moon fully deserved it esp with his career numbers viewed in totality includg numbers in Canada and for his longetivity of excellence and being on winning, productive teams where he was a major leader. that is the standard. as of now, mcnabb is NOT close to that level! if he plays solidly for 5 more years or so, esp if he goes far in the playoff 2 or 3 more times, he WILL become a lock based purely on merit! 

i really like shaun hill.. david garrard is evolving into this era's steve mcnair. under the radar guy who commands and wills his team, can chuck it when he must (like this past wek) and give you solid wins on the road against competitive teams! I am still biased towards matt cassell. he just needs a few more weapons around him! I have NEVER been sold on romo esp after his first year. as defenses have adapted, he gives u one great flash, like the play in 4th qtr on sunday, usually only when he gets to scramblw and run around like an idiot. u keep him in the pocket esp in the crunch and he is very average. i included him because of the BUZZ that comes from playg on "america's team" and his illogical, homer fans! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

David Garrard. He should be working for Canton as a tour guide within five years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

this thread is a joke right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Is Warner 100% a lock?? Not sure, one more ring would have sealed the deal.

Eli a lock? Not necessarily, unless he adds another ring or some serious stats. I don't think one ring, in the first quarter of your career, makes you a lock.

Vick. Never, not because of the dogs, but because he is a mediocre QB in an amazing athlete's body.

Picking from your list, Matt Ryan. He is the real deal.