Whiner's delight had this happened..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Whiner's delight had this happened..........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349818/article/report-falcons-jaguars-nearly-traded-round-1-picks" rel="nofollow">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349818/article/report-falcons-jaguars-nearly-traded-round-1-picks

Bortles at 29 would have had made this the whiniest place  on earth!!!!

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Whiner's delight had this happened..........

I'm not sure I buy they would have taken Bortles in the 1st. They turned in the card for Easley pretty quick and Garopollo even quicker. I think they got their guys and not sure Bortles was

Don't forget Rapoport also reported Mallett traded nearly a done deal

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Before 2006 no one really had anything to whine about...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Then this happened...

Jonathan Fanene
    Albert Heynesworth
    Trevor Scott
    Shaun Ellis
    Ron Brace
    Armstead
    Tomy Kelly
    Mike Wright
    Myron Pryor
    Tully Banta Cain
    Adalious Thomas
    Burgess
    Stallworth
    Gaffney
    Gozalez
    Brandon Tate
    Price
    Ocho Cinco
    Lloyd
    Amendola
    Torry Holt
    Joey Galloway
    Jenkins
    Schiancoe
    Fells
    Hernandez
    Leigh Bodden
    Shawn Springs
    Delta O’Neil
    Adrian Wilson
    Tavon Wilson
    Butler
    Wheatley
    Whilite
    Rasi Dowling
    McGowen
    Jon Lynch
    Steven Gregory
    Fred Taylor
    Joseph Addai
    Robert Gallery
    Leon Washington

Then people had a right to whine. lol!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

^^^ lol ^^^^

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

^^^ lol ^^^^

I know, it cracks me up that the same people that were praising the Tavon Wilson selection now get to run around here calling everyone "whiners". Makes me laugh.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sorry but Arrington belongs on that list.  I don't care what the Kool-aid drinkers say he doesn't belong on a professional roster. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Sorry but Arrington belongs on that list.  I don't care what the Kool-aid drinkers say he doesn't belong on a professional roster. 

Agreed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

^^^ lol ^^^^

I know, it cracks me up that the same people that were praising the Tavon Wilson selection now get to run around here calling everyone "whiners". Makes me laugh.

You speak the truth mthurl!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Astonishing that this team wins as many games as it does what with BB so inept and all.  Oh wait, I forgot, it's all Tom Brady.  Silly me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Astonishing that this team wins as many games as it does what with BB so inept and all.  Oh wait, I forgot, it's all Tom Brady.  Silly me.

How silly, indeed.  Of course, all of the geniuses here today were, no doubt, complaining that BB should have picked TB in the first round, the year that he was drafted.  I mean, certainly, they all had pegged TB to be a lock for the HOF!  How could BB be so careless to risk allowing another team to pick him first. 

No doubt, if we didn't have TB leading this team, we would be lucky to see them win a handful of games in a season.  Good thing that has never happened!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

How silly, indeed.  Of course, all of the geniuses here today were, no doubt, complaining that BB should have picked TB in the first round, the year that he was drafted.  I mean, certainly, they all had pegged TB to be a lock for the HOF!  How could BB be so careless to risk allowing another team to pick him first. 

No doubt, if we didn't have TB leading this team, we would be lucky to see them win a handful of games in a season.  Good thing that has never happened!

[object HTMLDivElement]

To be fair you can't have it both ways. If you are going to criticize fans for nothing picking Brady in the 1st then you really can't give BB credit for stealing him in the 6th. What I mean by that is if he really saw Brady for what he was don't you think he would have taken him much higher? It was a lucky pick but hey luck counts in this game and I'm damn glad we got lucky. I just don't pretend it's going to happen every year in the 6th like some fans, or heck even again in my lifetime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think it's a combo of Brady (lets face it you give any other but maybe 3-4 QB's in the league the same cast of weapons and they don't make the playoffs) and that BB the coach is so great. BB gets the most out of average players and turns them into a unit. It's why the vast majority of players fail when they leave NE. Because they just aren't that good, BB just makes them look that good. So, yes BB the GM has issues finding talent at times and luckily he has BB the coach to coach them up beyond their capabilities. Without Brady QBing and BB coaching them up I'm not sure this team would be much better than the Jets. A couple high talent pieces with a bunch of spares tossed in. But, I'd rather have BB the coach and deal with BB as the GM than not have BB at all. Doesn't mean we can't get frustrated when we see UDFA's and guys on their 4th team in 3 years anchoring the middle of our D and having it turn into one of the worst DL in the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

+1 for sure, but BB screwed himself by giving Arrington that huge contract (for god knows what reason) so now cutting him outright will be big dead $$......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Maybe if you started following the team in 2000.  There was plenty to complain about before 2000.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Every team has a list of names like that. And by the way, you jump too quick to downgrade some on that list. And you dont jump too quick for someone who had a decent start. Hypocritical and at the same time just showing that the Pats are like ALL other teams in that they miss on a fair number.

Are any of you whiners and whiner apologists out there ever commenting on the woes of the Jets? The way you all talk you would think you thought more highly of that bumbling team. How many on your list above was a top 6 pick? The Jets could claim Gholson and Sanchez on that list. And add others. Including more first round picks. Every team has their list.

So what it comes down to is you name all the misses. You name anyone who has had a questionable start. You don't have any context - like how "great" the rest of the league is. And you don't say a thing about the other side of the ledger (the good picks and FA moves).

But for all your whining the Pats won their division (again; something they couldn't have done had you all been selecting their players) and got to the AFC championship game. That game is not the goal but the point is only 4 teams made it that far. So while it is not a bragging sort of thing it sure as heck is not a whiney kind of thing either.

Will you all agree to stop following the Pats if Easly is a good player? If JG someday becomes the starting QB? I think you all should stick to fantasy football. The real thing is too much for you.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

Maybe if you started following the team in 2000.  There was plenty to complain about before 2000.

Before Kraft bought this franchise it was a joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Yeah before he bought the team there was almost nothing to not complain about.  When Kraft bought in, the franchise started to become respectable and when Brady and Belichick joined forces, it became something really special.  That's why these comments complaing about how Kraft is cheap or Belichick is a terrible GM just rub me the wrong way sometimes.  The comment I initially quoted just shows a really small picture view of this franchise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Typical BB bashing crowd in here.  We forgot.  It's alllllll because of Tom Brady!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Then this happened...

Jonathan Fanene
    Albert Heynesworth
    Trevor Scott
    Shaun Ellis
    Ron Brace
    Armstead
    Tomy Kelly
    Mike Wright
    Myron Pryor
    Tully Banta Cain
    Adalious Thomas
    Burgess
    Stallworth
    Gaffney
    Gozalez
    Brandon Tate
    Price
    Ocho Cinco
    Lloyd
    Amendola
    Torry Holt
    Joey Galloway
    Jenkins
    Schiancoe
    Fells
    Hernandez
    Leigh Bodden
    Shawn Springs
    Delta O’Neil
    Adrian Wilson
    Tavon Wilson
    Butler
    Wheatley
    Whilite
    Rasi Dowling
    McGowen
    Jon Lynch
    Steven Gregory
    Fred Taylor
    Joseph Addai
    Robert Gallery
    Leon Washington

Then people had a right to whine. lol!!!

Please remove Mike Wright, good solid lunch pale kind of guy that lost his career to concussions. It's not his fault his body let him down and what's more it's certainly not BB's fault. The guy was also an UDFA so in terms of money you're not talking much. Other than that I completely agree with the list!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Everyone makes mistakes especially when they are the product of calculated risk. There are no exceptions to this. I can live with the track record produced by the Kraft/BB Pats regime, after all, it's the best in the NFL during their time.

Can anyone do better then the best?

I can find fault with anyone if I desire to, even Kate Upton, but I'd be a fool to do so.

Why expect BB to be different all of a sudden? We all knew he was good for a draft like this. We all know the Krafts are not solely concerned about winning it all THIS year to the exclusion of excellence for all their years. They own a thriving business and will do what they have to to continue their huge investment down on Rt. 1, and the team is only a part of that, albeit the major part of it. As the team's success goes, so does the success of their holdings in business and real estate on Rt. 1. This is the real world folks. They will not risk financial ruin to max out one year and stink for a generation thereafter.

Pats fans have to stop being naive and appreciate what they have given us. Do you really want another penny pinching ownership like the Sullivans or Kayam? Really?! I remember those dark days. No thanks!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think it's a combo of Brady (lets face it you give any other but maybe 3-4 QB's in the league the same cast of weapons and they don't make the playoffs) and that BB the coach is so great. BB gets the most out of average players and turns them into a unit. It's why the vast majority of players fail when they leave NE. Because they just aren't that good, BB just makes them look that good. So, yes BB the GM has issues finding talent at times and luckily he has BB the coach to coach them up beyond their capabilities. Without Brady QBing and BB coaching them up I'm not sure this team would be much better than the Jets. A couple high talent pieces with a bunch of spares tossed in. But, I'd rather have BB the coach and deal with BB as the GM than not have BB at all. Doesn't mean we can't get frustrated when we see UDFA's and guys on their 4th team in 3 years anchoring the middle of our D and having it turn into one of the worst DL in the league.

PE, I can't really disagree with much in your post.  What I find frustrating (I speak only for myself) is this incessant criticism that the originators call 'objectivity' that seeks out the negative and thereby condemns the entire process. 

First, calling it objectivity doesn't make it objective.  I could call myself Jesus Christ but that doesn't mean I can walk on water.

Second, an example:  The assertion that there were at least 5 TE's in the draft that could have helped the team right now.  We know this how?

Third, assuming a certain pick was within reach, what would it have taken to snag that pick and what would he impact have been on the remainder of the draft? 

It's very easy to armchair GM on line any draft.  It's quite another to actually engage in the real process.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

To be fair you can't have it both ways. If you are going to criticize fans for nothing picking Brady in the 1st then you really can't give BB credit for stealing him in the 6th. What I mean by that is if he really saw Brady for what he was don't you think he would have taken him much higher? It was a lucky pick but hey luck counts in this game and I'm damn glad we got lucky. I just don't pretend it's going to happen every year in the 6th like some fans, or heck even again in my lifetime.

Just like taking Garop in the second. You are right. BB did not see Brady for what he is now - a HOF QB, arguably the best ever. He saw TB as a long shot backup, who might not even make it to the 53. That is the expectation on 6th rounders. So he either did not see TB being this good, or he thinks Garop is way way better. 

On how he has won more games than anyone since 2006? Easy answer: He's a damn good coach - at least good enough to cover for his draft misses. In turn, his miss rate is not too bad that he is unable to compensate thru coaching.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

No, it wasn't a joke. It was too sad to be a joke! But it did teach a bunch of us what real fandom was about! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

^^^ lol ^^^^

Hate to tell you but your statement is redundant!

Sections
Shortcuts