Whining Colt's Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Whining Colt's Fans

What they really needed was for Manning to not throw three silly interceptions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Wow, First time Indy didn't have a 30:1 margin on Penalties and Yards thrown in their favor...  And guess what?  They lost.  Their Fans got nothin' to b#tch about, and I'm not even talking about past games with huge margins of difference and/or specific game-changing Ref Calls...I'm talkin' Here, today.  Indy called for 6 Penalties for a Total of 48 Yards, while NE gets called for 1 Penalty for 15 Yards...  On the surface, even though neither team was called for or rewarded with a great number of penalties for a big number of yards, On The Surface-There is a moderate discrepency of Total Penalties for Total Yards, 1 team compared to the other...

Yet, there's a problem with this logic:  It lies with where and when these Penalties were thrown against Indy.  4 of the Penalties for 33 of the 48 total yards (I believe), were called when changing possession and 3 on special teams plays itself.  MEANING:  ZERO of the 4 Penalties for 33 Yards resulted in a lost down, or a 1st, 2nd, OR 3rd with what occured (if beneficial to Indy) being not simply called back BUT having the penalty yards tacked on and the ball moving back as well...  ALL of these=Change of Possession and NOT negative Indy drive-altering OR positive NE drive-altering in any way, shape, or form Penalties or Yards (NE didn't get some gimme 3rd and 4 TO automatic 1st down on anything Indy did on D, and likewise-Indy didn't lose some positive play, and/or had extra yards tacked on ANY of these ones-i.e. 1st and 10 TO 1st and 15...nope). 

~So what's left?  Indy called for 2 Penalties for 15 yards on actual Offensive or Defensive altering downs, and NE called for 1 Penalty for 15 yards on actual Offensive or Defensive altering downs...  The rest was meaningless special teams st#pidity.  I'd beg for ANY game to be called this even, Even IF it was MY team with those non-drive changing meaningless penalties, and extremely minor number of penalties and yards regardless of even THAT... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

theres no excuse.  the game should have went into overtime at the least.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Bill Polian will make a rule to disallow defensive players to run for the 2011 season.  They just have to walk very fast.  That should even things out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

You guys are funny.  They're doing what you guys do after every loss to the Colts.  Remember last year?  All we heard was how the 4th and 2 spot was off by a yard, and the PI penalty against Butler was wrong.  This year's game seemed pretty well called (as was last year's).  These Colt fans are exhibiting poor sportsmanship to be sure, but that's been this forum for years.  Heck, y'all started complaining about poor calls a week before the game on this forum!  As for me, I'm one Colt fan who will say congrats to the Pats - they deserved to win this game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

theres no excuse.  the game should have went into overtime at the least.

After the pats took a 31-14 lead this game should have never been close. Although dissapointed about some things in the game I'm happy for the win. A W is a W. You dont almost hit a home run. You get it or you dont.

Salute to the Colts fans and maybe see ya in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

I'm proud to be part of a fanbase that never whines when we lose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jac1421. Show jac1421's posts

In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans:
    I'm proud to be part of a fanbase that never whines when we lose.
    Posted by MarcW1

Are you freaking kidding me?  Pats fans DO whine when you lose...you guys were whining last week before the game was even played!!!  And what the hell was brady whining about at the end of the game.  I hope, hope, hope the Colts meet the pats in the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Give them a break. They only have the Colts and the loser Pacers. They wake up in Indiana every day too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : Are you freaking kidding me?  Pats fans DO whine when you lose...you guys were whining last week before the game was even played!!!  And what the hell was brady whining about at the end of the game.  I hope, hope, hope the Colts meet the pats in the playoffs.
    Posted by jac1421

Of course I'm kidding you.  It's called: sarcasm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Whining Colt's Fans:
    Colt's fans are crying about not getting help from the officials. http://community.mycolts.net/topic/3086/t/one-penalty-against-the-Pats.html
    Posted by bostatewarrior

I read some of the posts and I am shocked that those Colts' fans universally feel the game was called unfairly for the Pats' favor.  I saw the bad P/I call against the Colts early in the game, but then an off-setting missed call go to the Colts' favor soon after. 

The game seemed pretty clean until the fourth.  Then you started to see some pro-Colts things...a bad spot adding about a yard...no holding call when McCourty was being held overtly , preventing him from making a tackle 15 yards earlier, on that huge, late pass play for major yards that lead to the next play being a T/D, instead of pushing the Colts way back into their own end of the field via penalty...the gratuitous holding even on the Colts' last play, as the pass rusher was obviously held to save Manning from a sack (which turned out very well for the Pats)...the ticky-tacky 15-yarder on Banta-Cain, who barely shoved one of two Colts players shoving a Pats player who was on his knees and wearing no helmet, and which also helped on another scoring drive (should have been off-setting)...a missed P/I on Branch late in the game on 3rd down. 

I recorded the game and will re-watch it to see what I missed. I try to be fair-minded when I watch the games. Obviously, I am watching our pass rush and watching for o-line holding when the opponent has the ball, but I am watching for defensive P/I when the Pats have the ball, so I could have missed some things.  My overall impression of the Pats is that they try to play clean ball, within the way the refs are calling the game, so as to avoid costly penalties. I think some other teams like the Colts do the same.  And then their are teams like the Steelers and Ravens that play dirty, willing to take the penalty yards in exchange for the intimidation advantage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I can certainly understand Colts fan being puzzled by a disciplined team playing very-nearly-mistake-free football. When you're used to events transpiring in a certain way, it begins to look like "conspiracy" when they don't. Yesterday was the first time in a long time officiating didn't actually dominate a Pats-Colts game, and from my perspective, that's a good thing. Whether or not this signals a willingness to actually allow the players to determine the outcomes of games -- or if it's simply an anomaly -- remains to be seen, but I just don't think most fans tune in to see all those little yellow flags flying and the officials moving the ball up and down the field according to their own particular whimsy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I thought they got plenty of help with no call on the Pass Interference on the second to last drive by the Pats, not to mention the 15 yd personal foul putting the Colts in scoring position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think the officials let a couple go on both ends (I'll point out just an pass interference call missed on a 3 n 7 in the 4th but of course I'm a Pats fan , HA !)
    This time maybe the Pats did get the edge although all the penalties on the Colts really didn't make a difference in this game but the one " Personal foul ' on the Pats I believe helped Indy on that drive.
    Back to the " Personal foul "  , come on !!! He just gave him a little shove and that 400 pounder rolled around like he just got shot. GIVE ME A BREAK !  BS.
    Then again I'm a Pats fan LOL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

" Remember last year?  All we heard was how the 4th and 2 spot was off by a yard, and the PI penalty against Butler was wrong. "

And every national commentator like Phil Simms, the entire NFL Total access team etc etc etc

You really have to enjoy this whining, it means that their heads are explding from the loss and looking at no by week in the playoffs and possibly missing the playoffs all together if jacksonville storms through the rest of their shcedule.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTEYou really have to enjoy this whining, it means that their heads are explding from the loss and looking at no by week in the playoffs and possibly missing the playoffs all together if jacksonville storms through the rest of their schedule.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

With Blue New Jersey in New Jersey and a date at Lucas McCain Stadium still ahead, I don't see Jacksonville storming anywhere but right back to .500 where they belong. The AFC South is a simply putrid division.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

"Dirty Water Lover"  absolutely nails it.....The most flagrant non-call of the whole game...Pivotal?  Understatement doesn't do it justice...
    A simple "No s... is fine....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : Are you freaking kidding me?  Pats fans DO whine when you lose...you guys were whining last week before the game was even played!!!  And what the hell was brady whining about at the end of the game.  I hope, hope, hope the Colts meet the pats in the playoffs.
    Posted by jac1421

WHAAAAAAAA...WHAAAAAAAAA....Your not in the playoffs as of today...GO JAGUARS

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

You guys are funny.  They're doing what you guys do after every loss to the Colts.  Remember last year?  All we heard was how the 4th and 2 spot was off by a yard, and the PI penalty against Butler was wrong.  This year's game seemed pretty well called (as was last year's).  These Colt fans are exhibiting poor sportsmanship to be sure, but that's been this forum for years.  Heck, y'all started complaining about poor calls a week before the game on this forum!  As for me, I'm one Colt fan who will say congrats to the Pats - they deserved to win this game.
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Y'ALL need to go whine somewhere else hillbilly

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

Give them a break. They only have the Colts and the loser Pacers. They wake up in Indiana every day too.
    Posted by cosmo14

what is it with you guys ripping indiana.  i know many of you hate the Colts, and apparently Indy.?  The pacers?  one of the best teams for a decade with Reggie Miller, the heated knicks vs pacers rivalries in the late 90's, the only team to take the Bulls to 7 during their dominance led by one Larry Legend, who without this hoosier hero the Celts would likely have not won many if any titles during the 80's.

indy hosts the final four once every 5 years, we host the SB next year, indy 500, great colleges like IU, Purdue, Butler, and Notre Dame.

anyone who knows a thing or two about the NBA should bite their lip b4 calling the pacers losers.  after KG, Ray, and PP retire, things are not going to be good for the Celts, and Legend is doing a remarkable job here with the pacers after the entire brawl incident with Detroit.

as far as Indy, we should consider ourselves so lucky living in a great city such as this; there are alot worse places to wake up in the morning.

Go Colts!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

The AFC South is a simply putrid division.
    Posted by p-mike

oh yea, the afc east has been so dominate for the last 10 years.  i mean the J-E-T-S jets jets jets have been M-I-A since when.. parcells left?  the phins.. since marino left.. and parcells took over.. and the bills.. well.. LMAO.

yea.. so much dominance over the last decade.  and yet you have had the Jags, Texans, and Titans who are probably at least overall .500 for the last decade.

get your facts straight before posting this BS please.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Well, whatever forum you lifted those comments from is definitely full of whiners.  I suspect you could find whiny fans of any team on some board if you looked hard enough.  Case in point, some of y'all are whining about the personal foul and another non-call in this very thread!  My favorite irony is that many on this forum used aggregate penalty yards as "proof" of favoritism...and then the Pats had less than a third of the penalty yards the Colts did.  To make it perfectly clear, I think the Pats had dramatically fewer penalty yards because they played a much cleaner game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by JulesWinfield

"as was last year's"?

lol!

Yes, I love phantom PI calls and incorrect spots and BOTH somehow favored Indy when they needed it with under 4 minutes to go.

Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : what is it with you guys ripping indiana.  i know many of you hate the Colts, and apparently Indy.?  The pacers?  one of the best teams for a decade with Reggie Miller, the heated knicks vs pacers rivalries in the late 90's, the only team to take the Bulls to 7 during their dominance led by one Larry Legend, who without this hoosier hero the Celts would likely have not won many if any titles during the 80's. indy hosts the final four once every 5 years, we host the SB next year, indy 500, great colleges like IU, Purdue, Butler, and Notre Dame. anyone who knows a thing or two about the NBA should bite their lip b4 calling the pacers losers.  after KG, Ray, and PP retire, things are not going to be good for the Celts, and Legend is doing a remarkable job here with the pacers after the entire brawl incident with Detroit. as far as Indy, we should consider ourselves so lucky living in a great city such as this; there are alot worse places to wake up in the morning. Go Colts!
    Posted by ColtsPacersFan1

Rondo(top 3 in the league) and Glen Davis(if he keeps it up) will be two major parts of the Celtics for a long time coming. 

Sections
Shortcuts