Whining Colt's Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Whining Colt's Fans

In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans:
    [QUOTE]Well, whatever forum you lifted those comments from is definitely full of whiners.  I suspect you could find whiny fans of any team on some board if you looked hard enough.  Case in point, some of y'all are whining about the personal foul and another non-call in this very thread!  My favorite irony is that many on this forum used aggregate penalty yards as "proof" of favoritism...and then the Pats had less than a third of the penalty yards the Colts did.  To make it perfectly clear, I think the Pats had dramatically fewer penalty yards because they played a much cleaner game.
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

The penalties had nothing to do with this win, Jules. BB got hold of the Indy game plan via the bugs he had planted in the Indy lockeroom: http://www.csnne.com/11/20/10/Colts-think-Pats-bug-Gillette-locker-roo/v1_landing_patriots.html?blockID=357273&feedID=3352

LOL!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : oh yea, the afc east has been so dominate for the last 10 years.  i mean the J-E-T-S jets jets jets have been M-I-A since when.. parcells left?  the phins.. since marino left.. and parcells took over.. and the bills.. well.. LMAO. yea.. so much dominance over the last decade.  and yet you have had the Jags, Texans, and Titans who are probably at least overall .500 for the last decade. get your facts straight before posting this BS please.
    Posted by ColtsPacersFan1[/QUOTE]

Note the use of the word "is" in my original post.

I don't care what happened last year . . .  or five years ago . . .  or 10.

I said the AFC South IS a putrid division, and it is.

I would suggest you learn how to read before you start advising people about "facts" and "BS."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : Rondo(top 3 in the league) and Glen Davis(if he keeps it up) will be two major parts of the Celtics for a long time coming. 
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

i think Rondo is overrated, he landed in a great spot playing w/ 3 future HOF's.  his outside shooting is a major weakness.  better pay attn to the job LEGEND is doing here in Indiana.

Granger (all-star), Collison, Hibbert (playing like an all-star center), hansbrough, many young players, and almost 30 million cap space next year.

celtics window is closing, the pacers window looks like it will be open for the next decade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsPacersFan1. Show ColtsPacersFan1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : Note the use of the word "is" in my original post. I don't care what happened last year . . .  or five years ago . . .  or 10. I said the AFC South IS a putrid division, and it is. I would suggest you learn how to read before you start advising people about "facts" and "BS."
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

okay, then the facts are the jags are 6-4, texans almost beat the 8-2 jets, and the titans are 5-5.

you have the bills at 2-8, and the dolphins get shut out at home by the bears.  overall the AFC South is as talented or moreso than the AFC East.

... but dont worry i know how you feel, Colts fans have been sick of seeing the pats win a "putrid" afc east for the last 10 years with no resistance.  thank god its no longer considered the JV division.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : Note the use of the word "is" in my original post. I don't care what happened last year . . .  or five years ago . . .  or 10. I said the AFC South IS a putrid division, and it is. I would suggest you learn how to read before you start advising people about "facts" and "BS."
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Take a chill pill, dude.  You can say the South is putrid, if you wish.  But putrid describes the NFC West (Sea., STL, SF, and Ariz).  Putrid could describe the NFC North (GB, Chic, Det., Minn).  Maybe it could describe the AFC West (SD, Den, Oak, KC).  But the South...I don't think that's too objective.  I think it's debateable whether NYJ-MIA-Buff is tougher competition than Tenn-JAX-HOU...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : i think Rondo is overrated, he landed in a great spot playing w/ 3 future HOF's.  his outside shooting is a major weakness.  better pay attn to the job LEGEND is doing here in Indiana. Granger (all-star), Collison, Hibbert (playing like an all-star center), hansbrough, many young players, and almost 30 million cap space next year. celtics window is closing, the pacers window looks like it will be open for the next decade.

yeah, right. he's overrated. One of the most creative PGs to come along in YEARS, if not DECADES (less polished than John Stockton) is "overrated".

If he ever acquires a jumper that is consistent, you can expect him to challenege for MVPs every year moving forward.

He plays well beyond his years. He needs to cut down on his turnovers and improve the jump shot. He does that, and he's Steve Nash without the lethal jumper.

He's the hardest PG in the league to defend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mazzpep. Show mazzpep's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Whining Colt's Fans : I read some of the posts and I am shocked that those Colts' fans universally feel the game was called unfairly for the Pats' favor.  I saw the bad P/I call against the Colts early in the game, but then an off-setting missed call go to the Colts' favor soon after.  The game seemed pretty clean until the fourth.  Then you started to see some pro-Colts things...a bad spot adding about a yard...no holding call when McCourty was being held overtly , preventing him from making a tackle 15 yards earlier, on that huge, late pass play for major yards that lead to the next play being a T/D, instead of pushing the Colts way back into their own end of the field via penalty...the gratuitous holding even on the Colts' last play, as the pass rusher was obviously held to save Manning from a sack (which turned out very well for the Pats)...the ticky-tacky 15-yarder on Banta-Cain, who barely shoved one of two Colts players shoving a Pats player who was on his knees and wearing no helmet, and which also helped on another scoring drive (should have been off-setting)...a missed P/I on Branch late in the game on 3rd down.  I recorded the game and will re-watch it to see what I missed. I try to be fair-minded when I watch the games. Obviously, I am watching our pass rush and watching for o-line holding when the opponent has the ball, but I am watching for defensive P/I when the Pats have the ball, so I could have missed some things.  My overall impression of the Pats is that they try to play clean ball, within the way the refs are calling the game, so as to avoid costly penalties. I think some other teams like the Colts do the same.  And then their are teams like the Steelers and Ravens that play dirty, willing to take the penalty yards in exchange for the intimidation advantage.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Thank you chrisakawoody. Finally, someone besides me pointed out the blatant non-holding call on #71 on the right side of Manning on the last pass interception by Manning. When I saw the reply, I was like "thank god that pass wasn't completed and the Colts comeback completed!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well . . .   holding is the great There/Not There.

It's a penalty that could be called at just about any time, and it's a penalty that is often ignored at key junctures in key games (particularly when the guy you'e protecting is named Manning). If you're waiting for that call in that situation, I hope you've got a sandwich and plenty of cigarettes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I swear, don't Colts fans ever get tired of seeing Peyton pi$s the game away? Sander's pick looked a lot like the Porter pick. 

I love the idiotic Colts fan who said the game should've gone to overtime. Well, tell your idiot QB to take the kick. I hear he calls his own plays so the refusal to take the kick lands on his unclutch hands. =p

I thought Peyton got over this unclutchness of his. =D Welcome back, Poutin' Peyton! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Whining Colt's Fans:
    [QUOTE]Colt's fans are crying about not getting help from the officials. http://community.mycolts.net/topic/3086/t/one-penalty-against-the-Pats.html
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

They did.  With the Pats up by 10 and our 3rd and 4 with about 7:30 left to play, there was such a flagrant NON-CALL for a blatant pass interference that you can't say the officials didn't help.  There was no way they could have missed that call.  The defender, totally out of position, was yanking the receiver's left arm down and out of the way, leaving him to try to catch the ball with only his right hand.

We have seen so many ticky-tacky PI calls go Indy's way and this one wasn't even called? What did the defender have to do to get a PI call?  Tackle the receiver 5 seconds before the ball arrives?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Whining Colt's Fans : They did.  With the Pats up by 10 and our 3rd and 4 with about 7:30 left to play, there was such a flagrant NON-CALL for a blatant pass interference that you can't say the officials didn't help.  There was no way they could have missed that call.  The defender, totally out of position, was yanking the receiver's left arm down and out of the way, leaving him to try to catch the ball with only his right hand. We have seen so many ticky-tacky PI calls go Indy's way and this one wasn't even called? What did the defender have to do to get a PI call?  Tackle the receiver 5 seconds before the ball arrives?
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

This is a very good illustration of why the Patriot fans' whining is so misplaced.  You're talking about a non-holding call like it could have changed the game.  As a Colt fan, I can tell you that Mathis, Freeney, and most of the league's premier pass-rushing DEs are held on just about every pass play.  If I or another Colt fan wanted to review every pass play of this game, I'm sure we could come up with a nice list of positive defensive NE plays that could have have been nullified by holding penalties.  But as soon as the refs start enforcing those rules as written, it will be as disastrous to the game as the PI penalties are...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : what is it with you guys ripping indiana.  i know many of you hate the Colts, and apparently Indy.?  The pacers?  one of the best teams for a decade with Reggie Miller, the heated knicks vs pacers rivalries in the late 90's, the only team to take the Bulls to 7 during their dominance led by one Larry Legend, who without this hoosier hero the Celts would likely have not won many if any titles during the 80's. indy hosts the final four once every 5 years, we host the SB next year, indy 500, great colleges like IU, Purdue, Butler, and Notre Dame. anyone who knows a thing or two about the NBA should bite their lip b4 calling the pacers losers.  after KG, Ray, and PP retire, things are not going to be good for the Celts, and Legend is doing a remarkable job here with the pacers after the entire brawl incident with Detroit. as far as Indy,

we should consider ourselves so lucky living in a great city such as this; there are alot worse places

to

wake up in the morning.
    Go Colts!

-A ringing endorsement if ever.  Should be selected by the Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce as the new city slogan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I thought they got plenty of help with no call on the Pass Interference on the second to last drive by the Pats, not to mention the 15 yd personal foul putting the Colts in scoring position.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]
    One penalty and it was a deserved penalty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

They're fans, what do you expect?  Rationality? 

There is holding on evey play in the NFL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The reason I posted the link to that whiney thread was because there have been some Colt's fans on this forum who have characterized Pat's fans as being whiney.

I guess it's not just Pat's fans, huh!  

It's nice when what goes around....comes around.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Everybody whines about the refs.  Colts fans probably do it less than most fans since the refs are in Polian's back pocket.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The reason I posted the link to that whiney thread was because there have been some Colt's fans on this forum who have characterized Pat's fans as being whiney. I guess it's not just Pat's fans, huh!     It's nice when what goes around....comes around.
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

No - not at all unique to Pats fans.  Are you relieved? 

Ironically, there are pats fans whining on this board today whining after a win.  And I am not talking about those who are simply being critical.  Fans, even after wins, can be understandably critical, but there are some complaining about calls and/or about a lack of respect from the media. 

Someone in the last week used an eeyore reference.  Might be appropriate here.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

How about this post:

"Whenever we go to Foxboro it is always the same. My wife was getting really tired of me pointing out holds, facemasks, intentional groundings that were not called against the pats. And then , for the ONE they did call, they made sure that the COLTS has made a 28 yard run, so they knew the COLTS would decline it!
    It just make one wonder what the end results would be if we had honest officials on so many of these games!!! "

I'll bet his wife is havin' a great time......Not really.  What a piece of work!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : And there are Colts fans on this board whing about a loss.  Go figure.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

just like I said, whining is not unique to pats fans, but I am beginning to think it may have been originated or at least perfected by them. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Also results of the Indiana school system...Dan Quayles words. not mine....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Also results of the Indiana school system...Dan Quayles words. not mine....
    Posted by ccsjl[/QUOTE]
    Not a big quayle fan, but I imagine that when the "enlightened ones of the northeast" see a guy like this rise to the VP position, it must be downright humbling. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Uh oh . . .

Politics Alert!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whining Colt's Fans : Rondo(top 3 in the league) and Glen Davis(if he keeps it up) will be two major parts of the Celtics for a long time coming. 
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Davis is playing too well this year. Somebody will overpay for him. That's how the NBA works.