White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans

The rich folks who can afford the ticket prices at Gillete have ruined the home field advantage. You stuffy, no fun "fans" should give your tickets to those who would actually yell and cheer for the team and you should stay home and sip your wine and eat your cheese and let the TRUE FANS go to the game to support THEIR team!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans

While i agree that Blue Collar Pats fans probably have more fun at the game, these "rich folk" bought them and they dont have to give them to anyone that they dont want to.

I can only imagine what you want next....FREE HEALTHCARE!  j/K

Seriously, I would be nice if we can get some passionate fans in the stands.  I know that I'm hooting and hollering in front of the TV every sunday.  As much as I prefer to watch the games at home, I would rather be in the stands rooting for my Pats than watching these stiffs in thier earmuffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

No.  Get a better education. Get a better job. Then buy better tickets.

You should have asked:  All those tickets that belong to business owners who give them away as perks/rewards or to clients....  It would be cool if those tickets could be made available to rowdy fans.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

In Response to White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans:
     The rich folks who can afford the ticket prices at Gillete have ruined the home field advantage. You stuffy, no fun "fans" should give your tickets to those who would actually yell and cheer for the team and you should stay home and sip your wine and eat your cheese and let the TRUE FANS go to the game to support THEIR team!
    Posted by dshort3333

Dshort, I really think everyone should have a right to go to the games, however I have proof that you theory is correct on fan makeup. I was a Patriots season ticket holder and finally gave up my tickets just before the Parcells years. I was working years later for a large bank in a call center and could not believe the people who had season tickets. There were some people who never even talked football during the week and had season tickets. I primarily had given up my ticket due to finances but my situation got better. By then it was impossible to get tickets. I don't think many of these folks would have gone to games during the 3-11 seasons.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by dshort3333

I'm guessing that you define yourself as a "real fan". 

Wow.

Stereotype much?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I don't agree. I don't really care what color someone's collar is as long as they support the Pats and be loud when they need to. I think MarcW1 is on the right page. For the most part it's the companies that have a ton of seats that give them away as a perk to clients or an employee who may not even care about football. 
    Let's not forget about ALL the season ticket holders that sell their seats to a friend, are you thinking about how loud they'll be when you take the money?

Maybe they should install a low voltage charge to the seats in the 200 sections between 40 yd lines to make sure they're still watching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hmmm... so people who work hard to get ahead in life somehow lose all of their motivation when they enter a football stadium?  So people who were willing to make a lot of sacrifices earlier in life to live better later in life act uninspired at the game?

I tend to agree with Sam-Adams.  A lot of the people there are probably casual observers who got a company ticket or something similar.  Heck, my last company sent me to Chargers games more than a few times.  How loud do you think I was?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans:
      Heck, my last company sent me to Chargers games more than a few times.  How loud do you think I was?
    Posted by carawaydj

So if your not a fan and did not go to root for SD or even the visitor why did you go?????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

dshort333, 

Here's an idea.  Let's do General Admission.  First come first serve.

Price all tickets identicly, but at a cost where the total revenue stays the same.  

Thus, ensuring that the drunkest and the rowdiest have the best seats.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Posted by dshort3333

I get it- you are more deserving.  Gee, this sounds like and ammendment to Climate Gate: Give the other side of the world your everything; they deserve it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Did not mean to offend those who worked hard to get where they are, that being said .. if you are not going to stand up and make noise to help out your team then why go? To sit down and golf clap??? Please!! Dont come at me with your crap...and by the way Yes I am a real fan and was one before Parcells,Kraft and Bledsoe breathed life back into the Patriots--thankfully. I do go to the games, make descent money and the truth remains the crowd is too quiet and it IS because of the type of fans in the seats. By the way..have any of you ever gone to a game in the old stadium?? If you had then you would know exactly what I am saying, which by the way if you read my post means the people who are too uptight to stand up and cheer loudly should stay home and give or sell their tickets to someone who would cheer and cheer loudly. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans:
    In Response to Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans : So if your not a fan and did not go to root for SD or even the visitor why did you go?????
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Because it's still a football game and going to a live game is fun; even when it's the Chargers.  

BTW, my first time getting to see the Pats live was also off of a company ticket in the 2006 playoffs.  Risking both life and limb lol, I was loud at that game.  There were not many Pats fans at the game, and none anywhere near my section.  I wouldn't have tried that if the game was in Oakland.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

In this day in age alot of blue collar workers make just as much as white collar. Sometimes more! I'm blue collar and have been a season ticket holder for 12 years and live comfortably as well. There are also some blue collar season ticket holders that sit around me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's not about the money, or corporate perk seats, or any of that. A ticket to an NFL game is expensive in every NFL city, and yet some teams still maintain passionate, unruly fan bases despite the cost of attending. Although I have never been to the new stadium, it strikes me from what I see on television (and not a little of what I read on this board) that Pats fan is spoiled and complacent. He's gotten used to winning -- he expects it, considers it some kind of geographical right, and is not inclined to be patient when victory is not delivered quickly and in convincing fashion.

Those among us who can well remember the days when 20 bucks would get you a parking spot, a ticket to the game and a couple beers -- not to mention a sound drubbing, as often as not -- might remember a fan base that was raucous and vocal, but obnoxious is a sword that cuts both ways. I've found, as I've gotten older, that I prefer the game from my couch. I have no earthly desire to plunk down large amounts of my hard-earned money to spend my Sunday afternoon having beer spilled on me and enduring the idiocy of people exactly like I used to be 25 years ago. I don't much care for any debate which attempts to posit that one kind of fan is better than some other kind of fan, but it does occur to me that Pats fan in the 21st Century does not very closely resemble his counterpart from the "lean years." There is an apparent sense of entitlement today that I, for one, simply don't recognize, and I'd be surprised if there weren't more fans like me, who have more experience with "The Patriot Way" standing for ineptitude and bumbling, with an occasional glass slipper thrown in just for fun.

Or maybe I'm just old.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I can't/won't afford to go to Pats games but I enjoy watching on the HDTV more anyway.I had season tickets from 1985 thru 1994, 5 years by myself and the rest split with a friend. Now I get to see every game in the league and the weather is always good. So if the the white collar people are giving up the tickets I'll just take the money instead.

BTW I'm not sure if I'm less of a fan because I'd rather watch on TV or just an Old Bassstard at 44.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

I had to stop by and see who the complete idiot is who started this one. Now, I know.
    Yeah sure!! You rich folks, give your tickets to the poor folks. Rich folks, give your money to the poor folks as well. Let's spread the wealth and tickets around. Rich folks, give free healthcare to the poor folks.
    We Can Change!
    Somewhere, I heard this all before, just can't put my finger on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I dont wanna get into "if they should give their tickets up" , but I can honestly say I think these "white collar fans" have ruined alot of fun that goes along w/ being a true boston fan. This isnt SD , or Jacksonville. Lets not pretend like theres not a difference. I cant go to a Sox game anymore , I cany stand these fans who just moved here an hour an a half ago. Didnt they rout for their teams  before the moved here. All of a sudden they put on Pats hoodie and a Sox hat , and their all wicked pissah. Cant stand em' , imagine having to move to Seattle and routing for Seahawks. Yea I just threw-up a lil to. And lets not pretend that the only reason they love Brady and the Pats isnt cause he married a model n has a place on Comm. Ave. Makes me sick. Imagine what your Grandfather would say , someone who lived , eat , breathed Sox , B's , Celt's , n Pats.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

I can't/won't afford to go to Pats games but I enjoy watching on the HDTV more anyway.I had season tickets from 1985 thru 1994, 5 years by myself and the rest split with a friend. Now I get to see every game in the league and the weather is always good. So if the the white collar people are giving up the tickets I'll just take the money instead. BTW I'm not sure if I'm less of a fan because I'd rather watch on TV or just an Old Bassstard at 44.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Does not make you less of a fan. The view is always good and the beer doesnt stop after halftime. Anyone who goes to a game is a fan I just think the stadium would be alot louder with certain fans in it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I had to stop by and see who the complete idiot is who started this one. Now, I know. Yeah sure!! You rich folks, give your tickets to the poor folks. Rich folks, give your money to the poor folks as well. Let's spread the wealth and tickets around. Rich folks, give free healthcare to the poor folks. We Can Change! Somewhere, I heard this all before, just can't put my finger on it.
    Posted by RedsGhost

Your the 3rd guy to bring this up. Glad to see everyone is on top of their game today. 1st thing that popped into my head but I figured I'd get ripped for bringing up politics....So in that light I'd like to say what we may have here is a good old fashion case of Red Communism Sir.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I have season tickets and I agree in one way and disagree in another. The yuppy f*cks who go to the games and dont get loud unless Moss catches a 90 yard TD bomb ruin the home field advantage that is true. The Pats fans are not loud enough not by far. And all though I do wish we had some more loud people in the games I do not however need more "real fans" getting way too drunk and spilling beer on people while starting fights in the crowd and making other people uncomfortable. And the fans I think you are referring to as "blue collar" are also the guys that get way too wasted before the game. There is a fine line we have to find and walk. Somewhere between too drunk and unclassy like Jets fans and too nice and not into the game like a small market team. So I agree and I dont agree. Also get a job you hippie lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

You may look around, and see two groups here: white collar and blue collar. But I don't see it that way. You know why not? Because I'm collar-blind.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

LOL ...good one CaptZ

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

No offense to the OP, but this is a load of garbage.  How hard you've worked in life has no bearing on how passionate a Pats fan you are, I know people who work at fishing yards in Gloucester who don't know a damn thing about the Pats, just as I know people who make several hundred K a year who are rabid Pats fans and scream their lungs out at home or at the game.  Gillette needs better fans, there is no doubt (Foxboro stadium got rockin back in the day), but to say that the solution is to deny wealthy people their tickets is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've heard all week (I head alotta dumb stuff every week).  The issue is that alotta people who go to Pats games aren't really fans, they're there for pure entertainment.  Money has nothin to do with that

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I think we all need to hold on a minute. Although dshort gave his thread a bad title and as I said I don't agree with labeling "rich/poor" he does have a point. I've been to games this year and there's a lot of people who could care less about the game.
    They talk business, they're up and down all day, they have a kid 2-3 years old, or forget about the ones who have the inside/outside choice when it's anything but great weather. 
    The players hear the fans and crowd noise and it does affect them. It's too bad that there's that many people not cheering that it has to be pointed out on national TV by the goose that it was "the quietest stadium he's ever seen while in football"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

No offense to the OP, but this is a load of garbage.  How hard you've worked in life has no bearing on how passionate a Pats fan you are, I know people who work at fishing yards in Gloucester who don't know a damn thing about the Pats, just as I know people who make several hundred K a year who are rabid Pats fans and scream their lungs out at home or at the game.  Gillette needs better fans, there is no doubt (Foxboro stadium got rockin back in the day), but to say that the solution is to deny wealthy people their tickets is quite possibly the dumbest thing i've heard all week (I head alotta dumb stuff every week).  The issue is that alotta people who go to Pats games aren't really fans, they're there for pure entertainment.  Money has nothin to do with that
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

no offense taken. Probably should have said that the non passionate fans should SELL their tickets to passionate fans who would cheer loudly. It would be much better for the team. But in general I stand by my original post.

Sections
Shortcuts