White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans

In Response to Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans:
    dshort333,  Here's an idea.  Let's do General Admission.  First come first serve. Price all tickets identicly, but at a cost where the total revenue stays the same.   Thus, ensuring that the drunkest and the rowdiest have the best seats.    
    Posted by MarcW1

This is the NFL, not a Kennedy re-election campaign! I can just hear the bichin about how these "identically priced tickets' are unfair, and disenfranchises (You're welcome, Jessie Jackson) the poor folks, who can afford the old $75 price, but no the new adjusted "equally shared price" of $145.

Next time come up with something that takes more than 2 minutes of a thought. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans:
    I dont wanna get into "if they should give their tickets up" , but I can honestly say I think these "white collar fans" have ruined alot of fun that goes along w/ being a true boston fan. This isnt SD , or Jacksonville. Lets not pretend like theres not a difference. I cant go to a Sox game anymore , I cany stand these fans who just moved here an hour an a half ago. Didnt they rout for their teams  before the moved here. All of a sudden they put on Pats hoodie and a Sox hat , and their all wicked pissah. Cant stand em' , imagine having to move to Seattle and routing for Seahawks. Yea I just threw-up a lil to. And lets not pretend that the only reason they love Brady and the Pats isnt cause he married a model n has a place on Comm. Ave. Makes me sick. Imagine what your Grandfather would say , someone who lived , eat , breathed Sox , B's , Celt's , n Pats.
    Posted by SICOFITALL

So, here's what you do. Go round up all your best friends and buddies (hopefully, the count will be more than 10), and go out and buy season tickets.

There's a saying about politics: if you don't vote, don't bich. Seems that this fits perfectly with ball gmae tickets. If you are able to save your allowance and go to a game, are you there to watch teh game and cheer on teh Home Team, or sit and sulk about the perceptional "pretenders" surrounding you.  You, too, seem to have some form of class envy,a nd you may need an interdiction.... FAST!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

If it weren't for the well-to-do selling out luxury boxes and every corner of the stadium (or at least helping), bums like me wouldn't even be able to watch the games on tv. But, many of the people here have a valid point about disinterested fans. I saw Billy and Elton play in Indy a few months back, and the crowd was LAME as could be. I'm a HUGE Billy Joel nerd, and I was going nuts the whole show, while HUNDREDS of people sat on their butts, left to go get snacks and beer, and generally acted like they didn't want to be there. Why do people do that? When I go to an event, I'm only there to see the name on the tickets. People who have some money to throw around DO seem to do a lot of expensive things that they only have a casual interest in.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan

Do you often hold people up to YOUR standards? Perhaps some folsk would rather just sit and take it all in/aybe their interest is to listen to the music rather than behave like a teen? 

Guess the time of "doing your own thing" is long past. Sad..... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

~I think IF only people with less monetary means could simply qualify for the unexisting-in-this-economy better jobs, that offer greater wealth and capital for them by attending rich universities that they cannot in any way afford, OR at least the poorer folks could make use of their vast connections with rich family and friends, THEN these times of the greatest ionization of wealth in this country than ever before would be far less marginal, and subsequently the people that don't have excessive and dispossable income for perks, Could therefore then afford things like Patriot Tickets, and then maybe they'd stop being so poor, smelly and full of complaints.  Until this eventually and most certainly happens though, Perhaps They could spend their wasted energy after working 2 low-paying manual jobs back to back, BY tarring and feathering the rich.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

LMFAO! Libbie tripe! As if getting expensive tickets/seast to a sporting/entetainment evet is an ENTITLEMENT. Anyone can get these tickets.... all you have to do is get off your fat azzed butt and earn the money. Or, take it out of your welfare proceeds, explaining to teh family later why living ina big old cardboard box is the fault of those nasty conservatives. Do I have a luxury box? No. Would I like one? You bet! How do I get one? FIrst off, go out there in the real world and make something of yourself instead of sitting around whining about it. (With unemployment going up after "guaranteeing it wouldn't exceed 8% if the first "stimulus" wasn't passed makes the Great AMateur In Chief a great guy, blaming others.)

When I have disposable income, I use it as I like. If that means goijung to a Patriots game ans sitting absolutely still for 60 minutes, guess what? That's my business. I EARNED that right., and will not be held up to anyone else's standards. I don't expect a freebie because there's no such thing... someone, someplace, is paying for it.

My final word on this subject is this, and is directed towards all those whilers and yahoss who feel entitled to access to the more expensive seats/things in life: This thought helped create the economic situaion we're in (buying houses they could NEVER afford, buying cars on 10% down, and then financing the taxes, license, and registration, plus the extended warranty and credit life insurance), making the amount financed 130% of the original purchase price, having several credit cardss to fuinace trips to exotic places):  Guess what? When/if you ever get "there", you'll then be part of the problem to the next wave of yahoos and whiners. I bid you welcpome now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

home field advantage? aren't we undefeated at home this year?
    here is your home field advantage at gilette: 

Patriots are 49-12 (.803) record in regular-season and playoff games, including a franchise-record 21 straight home wins from December 29, 2002 to October 2, 2005; they enter the 2008 season with a streak of 14 home wins. The team has also won its first six playoff games played at Gillette Stadium.

also you must take into account that this stadium isn't loud because of its open air, open end design. plus the music selection generally stinks. anything good and uplifting, they normally cut it short, or only play it once. also don't forget the big screen when the offense is on the field, "QUIET PLEASE, OFFENSE @ WORK"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans : LMFAO! Libbie tripe! As if getting expensive tickets/seast to a sporting/entetainment evet is an ENTITLEMENT. Anyone can get these tickets.... all you have to do is get off your fat azzed butt and earn the money. Or, take it out of your welfare proceeds, explaining to teh family later why living ina big old cardboard box is the fault of those nasty conservatives. Do I have a luxury box? No. Would I like one? You bet! How do I get one? FIrst off, go out there in the real world and make something of yourself instead of sitting around whining about it. (With unemployment going up after "guaranteeing it wouldn't exceed 8% if the first "stimulus" wasn't passed makes the Great AMateur In Chief a great guy, blaming others.) When I have disposable income, I use it as I like. If that means goijung to a Patriots game ans sitting absolutely still for 60 minutes, guess what? That's my business. I EARNED that right., and will not be held up to anyone else's standards. I don't expect a freebie because there's no such thing... someone, someplace, is paying for it. My final word on this subject is this, and is directed towards all those whilers and yahoss who feel entitled to access to the more expensive seats/things in life: This thought helped create the economic situaion we're in (buying houses they could NEVER afford, buying cars on 10% down, and then financing the taxes, license, and registration, plus the extended warranty and credit life insurance), making the amount financed 130% of the original purchase price, having several credit cardss to fuinace trips to exotic places):  Guess what? When/if you ever get "there", you'll then be part of the problem to the next wave of yahoos and whiners. I bid you welcpome now.
    Posted by AZPAT

Look over your shoulder - the point of Lazarus' post just flew right by you.

He was BEING SARCASTIC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

You made a bad choice. It's your fault
    You should have not been born poor or have been drafted and got our, not your as we all should share in this wealth of the Stadium, ticket blown off in the Nam..
     Stop complaining. You sound like Dialectic Materialism, Ho Chi Mihn, or an enlightened M.C. Student.
     And undoubtedly you are right. However rich folks don't give up their seats or anything else. As a matter of fact they rig elections, and their sons don't SERVE the nation's in conflicts, your son gets that honor, which secure and protect their petroleum investments. Happy covered coffin to you. That's enough.
     From the 58,000
     Go Seats

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Did not mean to offend those who worked hard to get where they are, that being said .. if you are not going to stand up and make noise to help out your team then why go? To sit down and golf clap??? Please!! Dont come at me with your crap...and by the way Yes I am a real fan and was one before Parcells,Kraft and Bledsoe breathed life back into the Patriots--thankfully. I do go to the games, make descent money and the truth remains the crowd is too quiet and it IS because of the type of fans in the seats. By the way..have any of you ever gone to a game in the old stadium?? If you had then you would know exactly what I am saying, which by the way if you read my post means the people who are too uptight to stand up and cheer loudly should stay home and give or sell their tickets to someone who would cheer and cheer loudly. 
    Posted by dshort3333

There is another possibility to consider; maybe those who you label as "too uptight to stand up and cheer loudly" are really just not drunken loudmouths like you must be.

And what does it matter how long one has been a fan? You seem to feel that as an "old timer" you have some sort of special rights. I had season tickets for years in the crappy old Schaffer stadium. One of the reasons I no longer have them is that I got tired of exposing my kids to hoards of loudmouth azzholes drinking, throwing up, fighting, and bellowing obscentites for three or four hours.

Do us all a favor. Next Sunday, take all the other "real fans" to some bum bar where you can drink, barf and bellow to your heart's content. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsgirl6. Show patsgirl6's posts

I think we've been too hard on the OP here. I know what he meant.. he just would like to hear some noise from the fans.

So would I.

So would the players.

It's embarassing sometimes to hear the lack of noise coming from the stands in Gillette.

I started going to Pats games in the early 90's when I was in my early 20's and it was a blast!!  And it was loud!!

SInce then, it has changed a lot, but so have I, but I still like to scream and cheer on my team til I lose my voice. I don't feel that from most other people there.

So, now, I sit home in my Patriots themed bar, with my 3 HD TV's, have a few friends over and do whatever I want with a few hundred extra bucks in my bank account.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Ok Laz you lost me lol I cant tell if you are saying you are a liberal or a republican nor do i care really but first you made me think you were ripping on the poor and now i am thinking you are ripping on the rich so I am guess you are neither left wing or right wing which just makes you smart....like me haha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans : Look over your shoulder - the point of Lazarus' post just flew right by you. He was BEING SARCASTIC.
    Posted by NickC1188

Duh, ya think so? I could have NEVER figured out his libbie post if I hadn't said so in the opening of my post.

Thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This thread is definitely not about white collar vs. blue collar.  As someone else said, there are plenty of blue collar jobs that pay much better than some white collar jobs.  It has turned into rich vs. poor though.  Even this is all relative.  Someone who thinks they are poor might be viewed as rich in a neighborhood down the road.  The reverse is true.  I'm doing fairly well for myself but there are a lot of people in my town who would think I have nothing but chump change.  Both sides of the argument have lumped a lot of folks into some pretty ridiculous stereotypes.  I got the impression here that the stands are filled with Kennedy heirs, Hilton heirs, and otherwise filthy rich folks.  Fact is, if you went to a very ordinary college and got the right type of degree you will make enough to easily attend any football game you want.  It's called the middle class.  It's highly unlikely you'll have a prized Poodle at home named Buffy. 

Too many folks assume anyone with money is a Paris Hilton clone; born rich and spoiled, pampered, etc.  The reality is far different.  For every Paris Hilton there are a thousand folks who made a lot of sacrifices, worked nearly full time to get through college, are workaholics, and give back a lot to the community or charities.  I have no problem thinking of several friends who donate large sums of money and/or personal time to charitable efforts.  Habitat for Humanity, kids gifts for poor families over the holidays, working the homeless kitchen, orphans, and even programs to provide pets for the elderly.  The two richest people in America donate BILLIONS to charities.  Many do so anonymously.  To be fair, a lot of folks without much money do these things too.    

Moral to the story?  Real bad stereotypes in this thread.  People without a lot of money are not all radical liberals who want to take from the rich while doing nothing.  I like to think that's the exception, not the norm.  People with money are not all heirs to the Hilton family fortune who avoided military service, went to Harvard, and have a prized Poodle at home named Buffy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

I think we've been too hard on the OP here. I know what he meant.. he just would like to hear some noise from the fans. So would I. So would the players. It's embarassing sometimes to hear the lack of noise coming from the stands in Gillette. I started going to Pats games in the early 90's when I was in my early 20's and it was a blast!!  And it was loud!! SInce then, it has changed a lot, but so have I, but I still like to scream and cheer on my team til I lose my voice. I don't feel that from most other people there. So, now, I sit home in my Patriots themed bar, with my 3 HD TV's, have a few friends over and do whatever I want with a few hundred extra bucks in my bank account.
    Posted by patsgirl6

I saw Joe Namath in the Pats / Jets Rookie game that far back at BC Stadium, I think.
     The team does need fan support. Noise is part of that. I live in Seattle now. At a few Seahawks' games last year the Opp. took 8 False Start Penalties. They call it the 12 Fan here, not man. P.Allen paid Texas Tech for the Simile 
     Noise helps.
     Anyway, I got tickets through my emplyer a few years ago and took my son. When I stood up and cheered for Ricky Waters, my family members are N.D Grads., people looked at me as if I was odd. Many people who go to the games, get their seats from an employer and  are not fans or have never played.
     Enjoy the game.

Go Pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Sorry to say, but this is a dumb post!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Did someone say "tar and feathers"?

I'm in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

Afraid to read the responses I received from my last post, But I will read them later.  Just want to say and to close out my sentiments here, That just because I'm critical in my satire of the class system and wealth distribution, doesn't neccessarily make me a left-wing radical nutcase that wants to overthrow the government...I am (wink).  Seriously though, I think the rich people in Gillette SHOULD keep their tickets...Just get Mrs. Thurston Howell to cheer more.

In ALL though, It IS rather an unfair system in place, Wherein I have to bust my rear-end part-time at my white collar job and ALL I have to show for it is a condo, a decent sedan, an HDTV, and a $900 hybrid bengal cat (no, not the one I got for my parents for sending me to nice university, the one I got myself too).  YET, It IS a system that's entirely unjust, When I can no longer afford Patriot's Tickets.  I mean, My $900 Cat eats fresh chicken EVERY night, BUT what happens IF there's a time when my $900 cat can ONLY eat chicken 6 nights a week.  Not ONLY that, But for awhile she had a breathing problem from my $7 Montecristo cigars (so far the nice air ionizer I bought her has cured that up though).  

So, WHO's to blame for all these troubles and my vast struggles (including not having Pat's tickets)?  ME?  LOL...are you kidding?  NO!  It's the rich and wealthy people, In their box seats at Gillette.  People who are practically taking the food (and not the expensive cat food she eats as well...that's no problem)-out of my sick, starving child's mouth...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I could only imagine the crying an bitchin if Kraft imposed a PSL.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Cheapest ticket at Gillette for the Jags game is $110 SRO (stub-hub). 20 yardline 5th row in Buffalo tomorrow is $34. Mr Kraft lower your prices.

btw I wouldn't mind sitting next to GingerCool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I've been to new stadium a few times with comp tickets as a client of Fidelity. However, I rather watch at home with friends or at the local sports bar because the atmosphere at Gillette can be moronic. Being a fan has nothing to do with wearing tons of Pats gear or blindly repeating "Another patriot first down". Plenty of Fidelity bankers wear that crap, but don't understand the game or cheer creatively or loud. What is really energizing is going to the Meadowlands for Patriots/Jets and rooting for the Pats in the midst of tons of drunk Jets fans!    

NYC Pats Fan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Cheapest ticket at Gillette for the Jags game is $110 SRO (stub-hub). 20 yardline 5th row in Buffalo tomorrow is $34. Mr Kraft lower your prices. btw I wouldn't mind sitting next to Ginger
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Didn't know if Gilligan offered too obscure a reference...just altogether thankful you didn't take my MaryAnn 8^) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Sorry professor but she's sitting on the other side of me. =8^)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The reason Gillette isn't loud has nothing to do with the fans, it has to do with the fact that the stadium isn't enclosed. The open concourses and the lack of a roof make sound dissipate.  Loud stadiums tend to be enclosed bowls or domes. Gillette is one of the most open stadiums in the league. No matter how loud we fans shout, much of the sound "leaks" out through all the open spaces.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to White Collar fans should give their tickets to Blue Collar fans:
     The rich folks who can afford the ticket prices at Gillete have ruined the home field advantage. You stuffy, no fun "fans" should give your tickets to those who would actually yell and cheer for the team and you should stay home and sip your wine and eat your cheese and let the TRUE FANS go to the game to support THEIR team!
    Posted by dshort3333

Hey just ask OBAMA to steal their tickets and give them to you.....  He feels he has a right to their money to spend on asinine trips to pick up Medals he had nothing to do with, and using more fuel and creating a greater carbon footprint in his trip to Copenhagen than Disneyland creates in a year.....

Just ask him.....  He thinks he is Robbing Hood... he will get them for you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

If it weren't for the well-to-do selling out luxury boxes and every corner of the stadium (or at least helping), bums like me wouldn't even be able to watch the games on tv. But, many of the people here have a valid point about disinterested fans. I saw Billy and Elton play in Indy a few months back, and the crowd was LAME as could be. I'm a HUGE Billy Joel nerd, and I was going nuts the whole show, while HUNDREDS of people sat on their butts, left to go get snacks and beer, and generally acted like they didn't want to be there. Why do people do that? When I go to an event, I'm only there to see the name on the tickets. People who have some money to throw around DO seem to do a lot of expensive things that they only have a casual interest in.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan

Better for me.. the LAST Colts game I got to go too was when the JAGS beat them in their own house... last year..... GREAT GAME I MIGHT ADD.... 
    Amother Pats fan stuck in INDY... if you want to find me look for the Silver car with the Huge Pats emblem in the back window.....
    Again today, I had the Colts fans- Castleton mall, and Carmel Shopping center tell me that I had to remove that from my car or they were going to kick my azz.... and here I was just taking my wife shoping. Some people never learn- until I lift my big (6'7" 270#) azz out of that car.  SOmehow they get predictably quiet then. LOL...
    I love the PATS and I Love Football, and seeing the COLTS lose and PEYTON pout is worth the price of admission!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Killa hit on what I was thinking.  I don't need some drunk, loud, obnoxious, foul Mouth trailer trash assshole anywhere near me or my family EVER .  I make more then enough to pay a premium to never be in the presence of these people anytime or anywhere. By the way, the quality of the product on the field wins games not who's sitting in the stands.
    Posted by K-max

K-MAX then stay out of Lucas stadium....

Sections
Shortcuts