White shoes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

White shoes?

I have noticed a trend around the league where players wear white shoes or shoes with white soles, toes, and sides.  In one game there was a question of whether or not the player had stepped out of bounds.  Because of his white shoes (the lines are obviously white too) you could not really tell from the replay and the challenge failed because there was not sufficient evidence to overturn.  This could also help when making a close catch and trying to get both feet in.  If the play is challenged there will not be sufficient evidence to overturn the catch. 

Other teams are using shoes like this whether by design or coincidence I do not know.  I suppose if we did it, and it made a difference in a big game they would make it against the rules and call us cheaters.......

Pats fan in Korea

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: White shoes?

Billy "White Shoes" Johnson will be looking for royalties shortly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to White shoes?:
    [QUOTE]I have noticed a trend around the league where players wear white shoes or shoes with white soles, toes, and sides.  In one game there was a question of whether or not the player had stepped out of bounds.  Because of his white shoes (the lines are obviously white too) you could not really tell from the replay and the challenge failed because there was not sufficient evidence to overturn.  This could also help when making a close catch and trying to get both feet in.  If the play is challenged there will not be sufficient evidence to overturn the catch.  Other teams are using shoes like this whether by design or coincidence I do not know.  I suppose if we did it, and it made a difference in a big game they would make it against the rules and call us cheaters....... Pats fan in Korea
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]....go back to bed. You're having paranoid delusions again 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

white makes it look like you are moving faster, Muhammad Ali used white short as a means of intimidation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Wouldn't white shoes show the gap between the white line and the shoe even more clearly?

I don't know how any shoe can make your foot seem bigger. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I hate white shoes, they look girly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Zeb,

It's not about the gap.  It's about when the players foot is on or just over the line.  You can't tell the difference between those two situations on replay.  If the foot is an inch away from the line you are right that you could see the gap in that case.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

If I remember correctly, it was the Vikings' Bud Grant (of course, who else would it have been?) who adamantly refused to allow his team to move to white shoes when most other teams did, the first time this became a hot topic some 35 years ago. There was no replay review back then, and the white shoes were designed to make the officials' job harder (as knightsailor suggests). Grant, typical of his region, would rather lose a game than look like an assjack -- and he lost a few big ones in his time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha. Yeah I suppose you are right, although in practice I wonder if it actually has an impact?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

I saw a play earlier in the season on a run up the sideline on a kick return.  It was a close call as to whether or not the runner had stepped out of bounds.  On review there was not conclusive evidence that he had stepped out.  He was wearing white shoes.  Maybe tate should get a pair.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

The BEST, was when Kurt Russell hung Robin Williams on that hook in the locker room, and put the mascot head on Williams while he was hangin' there.  Then he comes out after taping up his cleats, and the girls in the stands, are like, "Oooo, He's got on the WHITE shoes!"  Then Russell's all focused and predetermined once again, and so when one of his wide receivers' goes, "2 minutes before the game starts up the 2nd half again, I gots time for 1 last smoke" Russell says, "You lazy, jive-#ss- you're soft, you're slow and your hands are for sh#t."  "HEY! Who woke You up?"  Russell: "Get on the field and sh#t-up."  But honestly, the idea that Robin Williams could fake out "Mad Dog" (the CB), with Williams' last-play spin-move...That was just beyond belief imo.  Seriously, maybe the coke helped.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: White shoes?:
    [QUOTE]The BEST, was when Kurt Russell hung Robin Williams on that hook in the locker room, and put the mascot head on Williams while he was hangin' there.  Then he comes out after taping up his cleats, and the girls in the stands, are like, "Oooo, He's got on the WHITE shoes!"  Then Russell's all focused and predetermined once again, and so when one of his wide receivers' goes, "2 minutes before the game starts up the 2nd half again, I gots time for 1 last smoke" Russell says, "You lazy, jive-#ss- you're soft, you're slow and your hands are for sh#t."  "HEY! Who woke You up?"  Russell: "Get on the field and sh#t-up."  But honestly, the idea that Robin Williams could fake out "Mad Dog" (the CB), with Williams' last-play spin-move...That was just beyond belief imo.  Seriously, maybe the coke helped.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I can't remember - was that Escape From New York or Big Trouble In Little China?