White - UGH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

White - UGH

I have watched RB White in every game he has played this pre-season.  That guy can't break even an arm tackle, can't seem to juke anyone out, has zero power, and almost never gets more than two yards -- if not thrown for a loss.  Why is everyone so high on this guy.  To me he is a absolute bust as a running back.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: White - UGH

He definitely needs to get bigger.   The trouble is, as you say, he isn't shifty enough at his current weight, so what would he be like if he added 10/15 pounds to his frame?

I hope he isn't on the Final 53.   The PS would be fine with me, especially with the new 10-player size.   I really doubt any other team would raid him off of what he has shown at the NFL level.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have to agree.  I've not seen much from this kid at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yet another example of how we have to keep training camp reports in their proper context.  Chad Jackson, Sudfeld, and now White.  He was being hyped to be a 3 down back that might compete for serious playing time but hasn't shown it.  A few decent plays but not much.

All that said, he might come on when all of the starters are in there blocking for him.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I had high hopes for him based off everything I read and what he showed at Wisconsin. Wrong.

He has done terrible...no power...no moves...no speed...no size. Nothing. Now maybe he is a guy who is going to come in and catch 50 passes a year, but he won't be running it. And it doesn't look like his body will be able to add anymore size, in fact I've read that he's pretty much maxed out.

There was one play last night where he received a pitch to the right and he had only one guy to beat..but he couldn't even do that. Instead he was easily tossed down for a loss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I can't really believe White was drafted to be a 3 down runner. Not at 200 pounds ajd 5ft 9. I think this is a case where we want to get this kid used to taking hits and practice running between the tackles in case as a last resort he has to. Because he couldn't break wind.

I don't see how we could cut Ridley or Bolden at this point, unless we are going to pass 700 times this year....which we might.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

For those of you wringing your hands about RB white. I frankly believe you have no one to blame for your angst but yourselves. The reason is you all take what the likes of people like Mike Reiss have to say about a player in their writings with too much merit. These people are journalists or English majors typically and often don't know a darn thing about evaluating. I doubt most of you would be affected quite as much if you hadn't let your expectations be elevated by some erroneous evaluation reporting.

We all respect Reiss for not jumping on rumors and 1st triple checking facts about a rumor before deeming it worthy to report on. That being said though I can't tell you how many times in recent years he thought a particular player was standing out in training camp and that player ended up being eh or being cut.

Hey a player can be a surprise from any round or even undrafted as we all know but the reality is that white was a 4th rounder, player #130. How many RB's picked #130 or later in recent years have really been something? Not many.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Swammy Mike Reiss is now dumping White in favor of Ridley.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have been questioning White since July, and have been called a Jets fan for it(also a moron, anti BB and a troll) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

For those of you wringing your hands about RB white. I frankly believe you have no one to blame for your angst but yourselves. The reason is you all take what the likes of people like Mike Reiss have to say about a player in their writings with too much merit. These people are journalists or English majors typically and often don't know a darn thing about evaluating. I doubt most of you would be affected quite as much if you hadn't let your expectations be elevated by some erroneous evaluation reporting.

We all respect Reiss for not jumping on rumors and 1st triple checking facts about a rumor before deeming it worthy to report on. That being said though I can't tell you how many times in recent years he thought a particular player was standing out in training camp and that player ended up being eh or being cut.

Hey a player can be a surprise from any round or even undrafted as we all know but the reality is that white was a 4th rounder, player #130. How many RB's picked #130 or later in recent years have really been something? Not many.

Actually, Mike Shanahan seemed to be able to find one almost every year. The real question is why the hype on this kid cuz I haven't seen much talent displayed. I think Gray has outplayed White this preseason, but I'd rather have Bolden than either of the two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I liked what I heard from him at camp but have hated what he's done in preseason.... He looks semi-lost/not ready yet.

I think the talent it there.

He just needs to figure it out

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sml1210's comment:

Actually, Mike Shanahan seemed to be able to find one almost every year. The real question is why the hype on this kid cuz I haven't seen much talent displayed. I think Gray has outplayed White this preseason, but I'd rather have Bolden than either of the two.

agreed. lots of teams find rb talent in low rounds or udfa. and what bb saw in him form the start i dont know. i didnt see it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Haha see you answered your own question for why the hype. Someone perpetuates untruths and they take on a life of their own, kind of like what you just did about Mike Shanahan and late round rb's.

BRONCOS 1995 - 2008 drafted RB's - Mike Shanahan HC

Ryan Torian

Peyton Hillis

Muarice Clarrett

Brandon Miree

Quinton Griffin

Ahmaad Galloway

Mike Anderson

Oladis Gary

Curtis Alexander

Chris Howard

Detron Smith

LT Levine

Terell Davis

There is the list. So in 14 years how many would you say he found that were awesome? Two? Three?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Haha see you answered your own question for why the hype. Someone perpetuates untruths and they take on a life of their own, kind of like what you just did about Mike Shanahan and late round rb's.

Ryan Torian

Peyton Hillis

Muarice Clarrett

Brandon Miree

Quinton Griffin

Ahmaad Galloway

Mike Anderson

Oladis Gary

Curtis Alexander

Chris Howard

Detron Smith

LT Levine

Terell Davis

There is the list. So in 14 years how many would you say he found that were awesome? Two? Three?

That list must not be accurate.  I've heard that nobody misses on picks except BB. LOL

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Ryan Torian

Peyton Hillis

Muarice Clarrett

Brandon Miree

Quinton Griffin

Ahmaad Galloway

Mike Anderson

Oladis Gary

Curtis Alexander

Chris Howard

Detron Smith

LT Levine

Terell Davis

Actually that's a pretty impressive list. Torian (until he was injured), Hillis, Anderson, Davis? Not bad at all, I'd say. And let's not forget Albert Morris!  Even Roy Helu does some very nice things with the football. I'd say Mike has a pretty good record of late round RB talent and production. "Two or three?" I'd argue it's more like 5 or 6.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I have been questioning White since July, and have been called a Jets fan for it(also a moron, anti BB and a troll) 

[object HTMLDivElement]

You see that's what we are talking about bud. You are being called all of that by the same person. Yet you keep responding to him. I have to wonder if you and rusty are the same person, with more then 1 personality. ...you know, like Sybil?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

You see that's what we are talking about bud. You are being called all of that by the same person. Yet you keep responding to him. I have to wonder if you and rusty are the same person, with more then 1 personality. ...you know, like Sybil?

He's a Debbie Downer. And he just can't quit Rusty.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ryan Torian

Peyton Hillis

Muarice Clarrett

Brandon Miree

Quinton Griffin

Ahmaad Galloway

Mike Anderson

Oladis Gary

Curtis Alexander

Chris Howard

Detron Smith

LT Levine

Terell Davis

Actually that's a pretty impressive list. Torian (until he was injured), Hillis, Anderson, Davis? Not bad at all, I'd say. And let's not forget Albert Morris!  Even Roy Helu does some very nice things with the football. I'd say Mike has a pretty good record of late round RB talent and production. "Two or three?" I'd argue it's more like 5 or 6.

Shanhan with Redskins so add 4 more years for a total of 18 years in all.

Chris Thompson

Jawan Jamison

Alfred Morris

Evan Royster

Now let's revisit your original comment. "Mike Shanahan seemed to be able to find one almost every year"

So in 18 years he found THREE RB's really pretty awesome later than pick #130 overall. Anderson, Davis, Morris. Helu was 25 picks earlier than White which was my original comment of #130 or later.

"Almost"? Is almost every year every other year? Every three years? Based on THREE that would be every six years. 3 out of 17 drafted at the position. We'll disagree with Torian a bit.

My only point is that most of us throw things around in vague terms and they often take on a bigger exaggerated life that the factual truth. That's all I'm saying. The early hype on white falls into that, imho.

Sections
Shortcuts