Who Are Leaders? How Good Are Leaders?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Who Are Leaders? How Good Are Leaders?

In the past, the Patriots had the likes of Bruschi, Seymour, Harrison - to help develop team chemistry/unity, motivate team members, keep other players in line.

Who are the leaders in the locker room, and how is each of them doing in comparison to the past.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Who Are Leaders? How Good Are Leaders?

Brady, Mankins, Jenkins (if he makes the roster), Wilfork, perhaps Tommy Kelly (although I'm not so sure of that), Mayo, Spikes is certainly a motivator, Adrian Wilson, and perhaps McCourty.

That said, I have NO DOUBT Brady, Mankins, Wilfork, Mayo, and Adrian Wilson are the main leaders, perhaps with a number of the above having some leadership role as well.

Let's go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Brady, Mankins, Jenkins (if he makes the roster), Wilfork, perhaps Tommy Kelly (although I'm not so sure of that), Mayo, Spikes is certainly a motivator, Adrian Wilson, and perhaps McCourty.

That said, I have NO DOUBT Brady, Mankins, Wilfork, Mayo, and Adrian Wilson are the main leaders, perhaps with a number of the above having some leadership role as well.

Let's go Pats!

would you saying they're doing a good job or are lacking in comparison w/ those in the past?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

[QUOTE]

Let's go Pats!

would you saying they're doing a good job or are lacking in comparison w/ those in the past?

[/QUOTE]

Are you a high school teacher by any chance? This thread has the dreaded essay exam feel to it.

Compare and contrast the leaders of the current Patriots roster with the leaders of the team from 10 years ago. Do you feel the leaders today are doing a better or worse job than those of the prior years? Use specific examples to found your basis. (25 pts)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Are you a high school teacher by any chance? This thread has the dreaded essay exam feel to it.

Compare and contrast the leaders of the current Patriots roster with the leaders of the team from 10 years ago. Do you feel the leaders today are doing a better or worse job than those of the prior years? Use specific examples to found your basis. (25 pts)

no, just trying to get people to give their opinions. Noone wants to be told what to think/say

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Has the Patriots' way actually been missing for some time?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Yes...they admit as much, that the "leadership" has lacked a bit in comparison to past years, but it appears they are trying to rebuild that aspect of the team...I think it's also one reason certain players aren't here anymore and others will most likely be going after their contracts are up....BB truly wants everyone on the same page....a good indication of this renewed leadership push is the very fact they had the team's captains speak to the press about the AH situation....regardless of the little they actually said, that was a formal indication the leaders, the captains, will have to LEAD this year...

Don't forget, Willie McGinest was known for actually physically intimidating non-conformers in the locker room and it actually worked to quell b.s. from players....lol..he must have been one tuff dude!!!

some time ago, Mayo was said to be a "quiet" leader. I think it's time for people to be more vocal, and to push and shove as needed....lol :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I believe the Leader thing is over hyped especially in sports where most everyone is a millionaire.  People are who they are no matter who's screaming "whatever" at them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I believe the Leader thing is over hyped especially in sports where most everyone is a millionaire.  People are who they are no matter who's screaming "whatever" at them.

so, basically, ur saying either the team chemistry will be there or not, and either players have the hunger or not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

so, basically, ur saying either the team chemistry will be there or not, and either players have the hunger or not.

Exactly!  Look at the Red Sox.  They gelled just fine without any big personality, take charge, Leader types.  It was a matter of getting rid of the Club House Cancers that led to their turnaround.