Who are the best Football writers in Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Who are the best Football writers in Boston?

I am curious to know who the posters think are the best writers in Boston? My list is as follows: 
    • Greg Bedard: His Sunday Notes is a worthy read and his Wednesday assessment or re-assessment is usually objective. I hope he sticks around.
    • Mike Reiss: Easily the best "beat" writer for the Pats. He is the source everyone turns to to verify information coming from the Razor. 
    • Ian Rappaport: Objective, timely, It appears he has sources in Foxboro willing to feed him information before other writers get the infor. 
    • Karen Guregian: I enjoy Karen's approach and get the sense she, unlike so many other female writers, understands the game.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Re: Who are the best Football writers in Boston?

Who is the worst writer in Boston--- hands down --- Dan Shaughnessy.

The guy is a TOOL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Who are the best Football writers in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]I am curious to know who the posters think are the best writers in Boston? My list is as follows:  Greg Bedard: His Sunday Notes is a worthy read and his Wednesday assessment or re-assessment is usually objective. I hope he sticks around. Mike Reiss: Easily the best "beat" writer for the Pats. He is the source everyone turns to to verify information coming from the Razor.  Ian Rappaport: Objective, timely, It appears he has sources in Foxboro willing to feed him information before other writers get the infor.  Karen Guregian: I enjoy Karen's approach and get the sense she, unlike so many other female writers, understands the game.  
    Posted by gandalf433[/QUOTE]

Hey Gandalf!

I agree with your list. I also like Simmons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

BDC posters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Good list Gandalf...I might switch Reiss and Bedard, but you're right on the $ regarding Bedard's Sunday notes.  Good stuff all around.  He was a huge upgrade over Albert Breer.  I kind of like Ian Rapoport above Karen G, but both are solid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the best Football writers in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Good list Gandalf...I might switch Reiss and Bedard, but you're right on the $ regarding Bedard's Sunday notes.  Good stuff all around.  He was a huge upgrade over Albert Breer.  I kind of like Ian Rapoport above Karen G, but both are solid.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

Thank God Breer was "promoted" to the NFL network. Beer was, and is, awful. A hollow sound bite. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Reiss is my pick. Mazz is just a joke...should stick to baseball. Felger brings up interesting subjects, but always acts like such a tool as he tries to rant about little things. Borges needs a slap.

I find better info on this forum than any writer in the Boston area. Sad...but true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Who are the best Football writers in Boston? : Hey Gandalf! I agree with your list. I also like Simmons.
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

happy new year, blissman!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Reiss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

[QUOTE]Reiss, Rappaport, Bedard in that order.  Rappaport is very underrated. As for non main industry rag writers, I always liked Perillo a lot and I still think Tom Curran adds some good insight.  These two are more insiders who just happen to rep Pats Football Weekly and MSNBC. Bedard has some inconsistencies in his analysis where he contradicts himself. It appears he hasn't really liked his exposure to BB, so I've seen him stray from being objective through the year.  I was afraid of that and you could see it happening mid way through the season when the offense was atrocious over 60 minutes and he acted like it wasn't an issue. Odd. Gasper is the worst columnist, followed by Mazz in a close second. Shaugnessy, as transparent and phony as he is, he's not the worst of the bunch in the Pats realm.  Gasper has taken the CHB role for that.  Shaughnessy still leads the way in Sox Land. Shalise is useless. Nothing personal, but she is.  I liked Monique Walker even if her entries were very rare. She at least had a clue.   She got a promotion and more money to go the Baltimore Sun a few weeks back.  Good for her. At the end of it, the best ones are the  ones who don't let BB's dry personality during press conferences affect their craft.  That's the difference between every name I just listed. Once some writer becomes arrogant thinking it's about them, they lose immediate credibility analyzing this team.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

RWTK: Your posts are always entertaining and usually thoughtful.  I agree Rappaport is underrated.  I hope he sticks around. 

Agree with Gasper as well. He must have some valuable and provocative pictures stashed somewhere, not other way to explain his role at the BG.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

The guys over at Pats.com are good, but I have a hard time reading their mailbag anymore. Less about answering questions, more about stroking their egos.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Mazz has been on vacation for a week. He was fretting over Miami, I am sure he was fretting over Buffalo too. He is totally unwilling to get off the fence as he writes about the Pats. He has no cajonies. I agree with those that suggest he stick to Baseball.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Reiss and Rapoport

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]BDC posters.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Agree wholeheartedly, these schlubs don't have an opinion until the argument has reached a finale here, they get all their opinions here.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Bedard, Reiss, and Rapsheet....all objective, well versed writers.  Reiss is such a pro at this point, and Bedard provides insight that is pretty thorough in my opinion.  Some homers don't like his twitter feed, but he tends to put reality before home-town bias.  All 3 of them are very good, Curran is solid aswell.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i like to read this guy named communist contrarian

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gandalf433. Show gandalf433's posts

Speaking of "Best writers". Take a glance at Shank's column describing his "faith in the Pats".  What a pathetic piece of garbage. 

Sections
Shortcuts