Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg current and ex-pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg current and ex-pats?

with thanksgiving upon us, got me thinking about the likes of TO (despite that lucky catch and game last week), Michael Vick, Shawn Springs, Derrick Burgess, Richard Seymour, Ellis Hobbs, Rex Ryan, Plaxico Burress, Donte Stallworth, and so forth! Who say you and Y?.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Re: Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg ex-pats?

After today, i would add the NY AINTS/ giants!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Joey Porter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Ochocinco (Shut Up with the
    "cool" stunts)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

In Response to Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg ex-pats?:
    with thanksgiving upon us, got me thinking about the likes of TO (despite that lucky catch and game last week), Michael Vick, Richard Seymour, Ellis Hobbs, Rex Ryan, Plaxico Burress, Donte Stallworth, and so forth! Who say you and Y?.....
    Posted by bubbakilla

Richard Seymour?  You're kidding.  What did he ever do but give the Pats years of professional service without complaining? And Hobbs?  So he had a down year but did he kill dogs, shoot himself and go to jail?  Stupid to add those 2. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

ocho stinko would be on my list, too
    i'd also add ray (killer) lewis and suggs the thug.
    porter and rex ryan are tied as the biggest non-performing braggarts in the league.

stallworth and TO deserve an honorable mention, even though TO (thankfully) has been quiet this year.
    Can I submit the jests entire team as a turkey?

i'm on a roll now...
    leon and togah for sure in our little world.
    manweenie, the worst coach in the  NFL.
    i'd also fit ex-chief johnson in there somewhere.
    that tattooed clown TE formerly of the giants, currently playing for the saints.

ex-pats?
    ken "game day" simms, in the pats hall of shame, anyhow.
    that a-hole terry "tool" glen.
    tony "girly man" eason; turkey hall of fame,  for sure.
    eugene chung, currently employed in the car wash industry, 13th overall pick 1992, never played a down in the NFL.
    rod "hot dog" shoate, currently incarcerated.
    chad "thick as a brick" jackson
    bethel "whuzzat?" johnson
    andy "don't touch me" katzenmoyer
    chris "the dancing fool" canty
    reggie "whodat?" dupard (1st round, 1986)
    trevor "big wuss" matich. 28th overall pick, for a career backup.
    i'll have to stop at 1980.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg ex-pats?:
    In Response to Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg ex-pats? : Richard Seymour?  You're kidding.  What did he ever do but give the Pats years of professional service without complaining? And Hobbs?  So he had a down year but did he kill dogs, shoot himself and go to jail?  Stupid to add those 2. 
    Posted by BrooklineRob

I agree with you.  Seymour did hold out, but I don't think that puts him on the list.  Hobbs played through injuries with us, was a very good return guy, but just an average DB.  That doesn't put him on the biggest turkey list.  Perhaps if we were discussing the top plays that ripped the heart out of us fans...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Ohio Pats fan here, you never got to see the real pre-injury Katzenmoyer, he was a stud, neck injuries took out his career, not lack of talent

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Ohio Pats fan here, you never got to see the real pre-injury Katzenmoyer, he was a stud, neck injuries took out his career, not lack of talent
    Posted by slakrking

I'm sure he was a stud in college but he was a dud here. I know it was all about neck injuries but I'm just looking at it from the perspective of what we got out of a highly touted 1st round pick and that, unfortunately,  was nada!

Too bad. He could have been a contender. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Rex "The Hutt" Ryan
    Jay "Gerber Baby" Cutler
    Flozell "Leg Whip" Adams
    Al "The Cadaver" Davis
    John "I s.u.c.k. as a broadcaster" Gruden
    .................LEON!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Why has no one mentioned John Madden??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Chris Henry for being a dirtbag. Marvin Harrison for shooting Eugene Chung at the Carwash. Rex Ryan.....I never hear word from Coughlin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Why has no one mentioned John Madden??
    Posted by southnpatsfan

southnpatsfan and ALL:

John Madden...too funny.  Now, idk IF this is some kind of Thanksgiving Day Tradition when the Football Announcers themselves, feast on a Turkey-day meal, BUT I recall watching a Thanksgiving Game a couple years back and they zoomed in on Madden's Turkey (I say "Madden alone", because ya knew he could have downed that bird himself)-Anyway, The turkey had like 8 or 9 drumsticks attached to it... 

Again idk, about the meal or IF the bird always looks like that, but all I can say is f'ing disgusting.  Gotta Ask:  Were the drumsticks sewed on in some way (which isn't oo bad), OR, Please dear god no-Was the bird actually genetically bred in some way, shape, form or fashion with these multiple appendages (honestly, I really don't know)?  Cause Look, I can handle certain things in this life-poor starving children, people hurting small innocent animals...BUT I CANNOT take even the mere notion of John Madden's gluttony as he sloppily stuffs the greasy carcass of genetic freak bred from the 3-Mile Island Turkey Laboratory down his gullet. 

Again...Just to make myself clear so I don't come off as cold-hearted and more warped than usual:  Turkey Disfigurement=grounds for imprisonment for breeder, exile for consumer.  Mass Murder=ehh, not so bad.  who? what? why?  See, too many competing contingencies for understanding the act and therefore absolvement...Final reiteration here:  Feasting on mutant turkeys is an unforgivable act and a stoneable offense in my world while slaughtering baby puppies is way further down the scale of criminality...are we clear ALL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I guess I was wrong, Madden has just been added!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

If we're gonna talk ex-patriots, allow me to add a couple of butterfingered chokers to the list. Asante Samuel and Reche Caldwell.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Dynasty and ALL:

~Reche and Asante...interesting combo, But I have differing sentiments on Asante Samuel vs Reche Caldwell: 

Reche Caldwell, I NEVER really could blame, Even when dropping go-ahead TD passes in AFC Championship Games vs the rival Colts.  For 1 Simple Reason:  BB left Brady with NO Quality receivers the year Caldwell was our #1 guy, and ya can't blame Caldwell for that...  I, myself would give 110% effort playing the star wideout role for my beloved Pats (and IF I was recruited, signed, and given even a semblance starting NFL WR money to play a game of catching passes from the best QB in the pros...yes, I certainly would show up and do my awful job)- BUT that doesn't mean I actually should (be an NFL WR), and/or would be good at it...  Likewise, Reche Caldwell sadly appeared to try his best, AND sometimes even someone's very best efforts isn't a prerequisite for being on the decade's best team, and further asked to be their #1 receiver...and as I believed was Reche's case, being asked to be a Pro WR at all...

Asante Samuel IS a, here, ABSOLUTE "Turkey", due to the fact imho, and as his tattoo lets it be known, was interested In the NFL (again IMO), as a means to "Get Paid."  I always came away thinking Asante never appeared to trully Love the actual Game...Maybe I'm overstepping, but He certainly never seemed to drink the whole "Team" concept and all that entails.  Money closely followed by Personal Stats seemed a better elixir than being on a Champion, and, to a degree, Playing as a teammate... 

See, After I looked up his career stats a few times, His INTs and PDs were great, yet He was next to always in the bottom 1/3 of ALL NFL DBs in Total Tackles (it's pretty bad that many substitutes were ahead of a starting CB in TTs).  Plus idk IF Philly plays the same style for their corners, but during 99% of his time in N.E., He zone covered whichever wideout was on his 1/2 of the field, which ya can't blame someone for the Defensive Formation, BUT it further left me sensing that HE Thought of himself on an almost island to cover the Pass, and that's where his Total job description and subsequent output and effort, began and ended...  

I'm sure IF he was honest enough and someone actually asked him what HE would like more, either getting any INT at all when his team was up by 4 TDs, OR diagnosing a running play in a closely contested game, sensing how it was going to develop, then slipping off his WR to make a fantastic tackle of a sure-fire 40 yard-possible TD run...Samuel would say The INT, hands down.  Maybe being presumptuous on that last one, but ALL the aforementioned qualities trully left me thinking that He had that selfish me-first, me-always, diva-attitude commonly attributed to certain star NFL WRs...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Cryin Ryan
    Eli Manning
    Mike Singletary
    Matt Ryan
    Jay Cutler
    Eric Mangina

The Pats ability to pressure opposing QB's

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

ocho stinko would be on my list, too i'd also add ray (killer) lewis and suggs the thug. porter and rex ryan are tied as the biggest non-performing braggarts in the league. stallworth and TO deserve an honorable mention, even though TO (thankfully) has been quiet this year. Can I submit the jests entire team as a turkey? i'm on a roll now... leon and togah for sure in our little world. manweenie, the worst coach in the  NFL. i'd also fit ex-chief johnson in there somewhere. that tattooed clown TE formerly of the giants, currently playing for the saints. ex-pats? ken "game day" simms, in the pats hall of shame, anyhow. that a-hole terry "tool" glen. tony "girly man" eason; turkey hall of fame,  for sure. eugene chung, currently employed in the car wash industry, 13th overall pick 1992, never played a down in the NFL. rod "hot dog" shoate, currently incarcerated. chad "thick as a brick" jackson bethel "whuzzat?" johnson andy "don't touch me" katzenmoyer chris "the dancing fool" canty reggie "whodat?" dupard (1st round, 1986) trevor "big wuss" matich. 28th overall pick, for a career backup. i'll have to stop at 1980.
    Posted by unclealfie

COme on unclealfie, you missed a big one. What about Hart Lee Dykes? A first round pick in 1989 and done two years later!

This sentence from wikipedia is classic:

"He played two solid seasons but his career was cut short when he fractured his kneecap [1] and because of an eye injury which occurred during a bar room fight with teammate Irving Fryar in 1990."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Lee_Dykes

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

No mention of PolianUS????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

How 'bout the Tuna?   Bill "I'll negotiate with the jets during the Super Bowl and fly off on a different plane and not address the team" Parcells.

...I don't know 'bout you but that has always stuck with me...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

In Response to Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg ex-pats? : Richard Seymour?  You're kidding.  What did he ever do but give the Pats years of professional service without complaining? And Hobbs?  So he had a down year but did he kill dogs, shoot himself and go to jail?  Stupid to add those 2. 
    Posted by BrooklineRob

Agree, Richard and Hobbs Cannot be compared with the those other guys. In fact i think Seymour was as good as a "patriot" as you can get.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg ex-pats? : southnpatsfan and ALL : John Madden ... too funny.   Now, idk IF this is some kind of Thanksgiving Day Tradition when the Football Announcers themselves, feast on a Turkey-day meal, BUT I recall watching a Thanksgiving Game a couple years back and they zoomed in on Madden's Turkey (I say "Madden alone", because ya knew he could have downed that bird himself)-Anyway, The turkey had like 8 or 9 drumsticks attached to it ...  Again idk, about the meal or IF the bird always looks like that, but all I can say is f'ing disgusting .  Gotta Ask:  Were the drumsticks sewed on in some way (which isn't oo bad), OR, Please dear god no-Was the bird actually genetically bred in some way, shape, form or fashion with these multiple appendages (honestly, I really don't know)?  Cause Look, I can handle certain things in this life-poor starving children, people hurting small innocent animals...BUT I CANNOT take even the mere notion of John Madden's gluttony as he sloppily stuffs the greasy carcass of genetic freak bred from the 3-Mile Island Turkey Laboratory down his gullet.  Again...Just to make myself clear so I don't come off as cold-hearted and more warped than usual:  Turkey Disfigurement=grounds for imprisonment for breeder, exile for consumer.  Mass Murder=ehh, not so bad.  who? what? why?  See, too many competing contingencies for understanding the act and therefore absolvement...Final reiteration here:  Feasting on mutant turkeys is an unforgivable act and a stoneable offense in my world while slaughtering baby puppies is way further down the scale of criminality...are we clear ALL ? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Hmmm.... Do we have a bit of a madden obesssion here?

I find that people either love or hate madden. I love the guy. He has passion for for the game (unlike al michaels for example, who I suspect is actually a talking store mannikin). He also has more football knowledge in any one of his chins than most any other NFL coach. He's in the HOF, and still has the highest winning percentage ever.

I also was in the minority in liking jerry glanville and howard cosell. But that's just me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

How 'bout the Tuna?   Bill "I'll negotiate with the jets during the Super Bowl and fly off on a different plane and not address the team" Parcells. ...I don't know 'bout you but that has always stuck with me...
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Thanks for that reminder.....no revenge was ever sweeter than when BB came to the podium in NY and told a stunned audience that he WASNT accepting the Jets job after all.........Karma is a Beeyatch!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

How 'bout the Tuna?   Bill "I'll negotiate with the jets during the Super Bowl and fly off on a different plane and not address the team" Parcells. ...I don't know 'bout you but that has always stuck with me...
    Posted by harleyroadking103

Harley,  I posted a bunch of stuff about this a couple of days ago. I still say the Pat's would have had an excellent chance to win that Super bowl if Parcells was more prepared for the game rather than lining up his next job.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the biggest TURKEYS in the NFL, includg ex-pats? : Hmmm.... Do we have a bit of a madden obesssion here? I find that people either love or hate madden. I love the guy. He has passion for for the game (unlike al michaels for example, who I suspect is actually a talking store mannikin). He also has more football knowledge in any one of his chins than most any other NFL coach. He's in the HOF, and still has the highest winning percentage ever. I also was in the minority in liking jerry glanville and howard cosell. But that's just me.
    Posted by unclealfie

~Alfie-Absolutely NOTHING personal in the anti-Madden camp...  Let Me Make Myself Clear Once More:  Regular great NFL announcer, John Madden, Just like Persons hurling innocent dough-eyed kittens off of cliffs, are less reprehensible in my pervading human value-belief system than the notion of someone salivating and even (gulp) consumning an 8-legged, protruding in all directions and angles, genetically mutated bird carcass...  

I was initially somewhat more perplexed about the reaction I would get about the "Letting Children Starve" statement...but now I just don't want anyone thinking I'm hatin' on John Madden...  Trully NOT being sarcastic, It's simply How that Turkey embodiment of Satan intermingling with twisted human endeavors gone awry Chernobyl poster-bird from He!! looked with all those drumsticks sticking out at near impossible degrees and sizes...  I just...look, there really should be some sort of Anti-Mutant-Eating Laws, ya know- Heck, maybe ya just had to be there (watching tv that is, not at Madden's feast of freaks)...

Sections
Shortcuts