Who are the locks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Who are the locks?

With recent roster overviews IMHO there are @ 42 locks, leaving 48 players to vie for the final 11 spots. So who are the locks?

QB: Brady,Hoyer,Mallett                                                                              3
    RB: Ridley,Vereen, Woodhead                                                                      3
    TE: Gronkowski,Hernandez, Fells                                                                  3
    WR:Welker,Lloyd,Gaffney,Slater                                                                   4
    OL:Soldier,Mankins.Koppen,Waters,Vollmer,Connolly,Cannon                           7
    CB:Mccourty,Ras-I Dowling,Arrington,Dennard                                               4
    S:  Chung,Gregory,Wilson                                                                           3LB: Mayo,Spikes,Hightower,Ninkovich,                                                          4
    DL: Wilfork,Jones,Love,Fanene,Deaderick,Pryor,Bequette,Cunningham               8
    ST: Gostkowski,Mesko,Aiken                                                                        3

Who else has a good shot? Typically 4-5 RB-FB, so Addai has a good shot as the vet.
    WR: looks like a good competition with 6 competing for maby 3 spots with Edelman having a step up on the rest for ST use,so that leaves 5 fighting for 2 spots. OL will need 1 or 2  more players for min. depth. That puts 6 players competing for 2 spots. At safety it looks like we have 4 player challenging for the final last safety spot, my guess Berrett. CB looks well stocked with 4 but may carry one more for depth, leaving three competing for the last spot, my guess Moore.
    At LB we have maby 2 spots left for the remaining 5 to challenge for, but in fact I believe Fletcher has the inside track on one of those spots leaving 4 to challenge for the last spot. At the DL it only looks like there is 1 spot with the greatest need at DT leaving that competition down to Brace and Warren fighting for the last spot.

Any way we look at it there will be a good competition for the remaining 11 spots on the team in camp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Who are the locks?

Only lock is Tom Brady, everyone else needs to earn a spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Who are the locks?:
    [QUOTE]Only lock is Tom Brady, everyone else needs to earn a spot.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

If that is where you want to go, TB himself said he feels he has to go out and earn his spot every year. Lets see, Mankins no lock...the team waisted a lot of cash there. Vollmer started from rookie season at LT and RT? Soldier 1st rd. pick last year and started all year at LT and RT and TE, yea cut. And the list can go on enough to make that comment look frivolous. If you aren't capable of the task don't try.
    PS: Pats went 11-5 without TB with a QB that hadn't started since High School, so maby your deduction is inaccurate also.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I would remove from your locks:
    OL - Koppen and Waters - while they are young at OT, they are old at OG and C. I think it is possible that they choose youth over these two. Contract wise there is no dead money on either of them should they get cut/traded or retire.
    DL - Pryor, Cunningham, and maybe even Deaderick - they may make the team, but I just don't see them in the 'lock' category.
    And ... I don't think it is impossible that WW gets traded - not betting on it, but ... no one expected Seymour to be traded and it happened.