Who Are the Top 10 Greatest Patriots of All-time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Who Are the Top 10 Greatest Patriots of All-time?

No love for Steve Nelson?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Not a bad list by the OP. My changes ...

Seymour is too high. Hannah definitely is No. 2. I can live with Seymour at 3 although if I really thought about it I might juggle the rest of the top 10.

Steve Nelson definitely should be in the top 10 as should Julius Adams. As much as I like both Bruschi and Vinitieri (Sp? on both), those are my top candidates to drop out for Nelson and Adams. Nick B might be a candidate to drop to HM. I'd go as high as five and six for Adams and Nelson.

To the poster who said Plunkett No. 2 QB. Sorry. I really like Plunkett. He ws the reason I could overcome my hatred of the Raiders ('76 playoffs and Tatum) and root for them in the early '80s because I wanted Plunkett to succeed.

However, the QB rankings for the Pats are Brady-Bledsoe-Grogan (my favorite Pat of all-time)-Plunkett-Parilli.

I'll always have tremendous respect for Bledsoe. The Pats were a laughingstock of the league at the time he joined the team. IMO, he single-handedly brought respectability to the team. I always wondered how he would have faired had Parcells not left. If I remember correctly, the Pats were changing offensive coordinators every year in his last four years or so with the team. That had to have an effect.

And Bledsoe handled the switch to Brady with a lot of class. When he came back from the injury, he was helpful and never pouted like many players would have.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Great list. I'd probably swap Seymour and Hannah. 

I might put Vinatieri even a couple places higher - after most of this century's football has been forgotten a handful of his legendary kicks will remain. 

I don't think I can justify putting Troy Brown in the top 10 but he certainly embodies what most of us have admired most about this team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lafnboy. Show lafnboy's posts

really no steve grogan? fused neck and all, in the super bowl. get a clue .........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Interesting post, but I think the best approach is to identify which players could actually make it into the NFL Hall of Fame.  So, first lets see who is already in....

John Hannah, Mike Haynes, Nick Bouniconti, and Andre Tippett.  All have to be considered in the top ten.

Then we just need to identify the other six players that may get into the Hall, and can be connected primarily to the Patriots.

1) Tom Brady - without a doubt

2) Tedi Bruschi - played in 5 Super Bowls, will be in the public eye for years.

3) Bruce Armstrong - will be in the hall soon enough.

4) Troy Brown - you cannot second guess this choice.

5) Adam Vinatieri - 4 rings, and the greatest FG of all time.

The last pick is really up for grabs but I would have to choose Vince Wilfork.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from neali. Show neali's posts

In Response to Re: Who Are the Top 10 Greatest Patriots of All-time?:
    really no steve grogan? fused neck and all, in the super bowl. get a clue .........
    Posted by lafnboy

Troy Brown is my all time favorite Pat ever. Bingo! Did anyone honorable mention Stanley Morgan? Anyone remember mini Mack (Herron)?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Without looking at anybody else's list first:

-Tom Brady

-Tedy Bruschi

-Andre Tippet

-John Hannah

-Ben Coates

-Troy Brown

-Stanley Morgan

-Bruce Armstrong

-Willie McGinnest

Honorables: Grogan, Faulk, Vinatieri, Matt Light, Russ Francis, Raymond Clayborn, Steve Nelson, Wilfork, Bledsoe, Dan Koppen, Rodney Harrison and Mosi Tatupu.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I was resisting doing this, but here's my list:
    1. Tom Brady
    2. John Hannah
    3. Richard Seymour
    4. Mike Haynes
    5. Steve Nelson
    6. Sreve Grogan
    7. Stanley Morgan
    8. Adam Vinatieri
    9. Nick Buoniconti
    10. Tedy Bruschi
    Honorable mentions to Andre Tippett, Raymond Clayborn, Ty Law, McGinest, Gino Cappeletti and Russ Francis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

TPat, great post but 10 is too few!  Should be at least a top 50 to test historical recall and brain cells!  Your list is super, but you have to add other great Pats of the past like:

Stanley Morgan

Ron Burton

Larry Garron

Mack Herron

Ron Sellers

Houston Antoine

Ray Sugan Bear Hamilton

Jim Earthquake Hunt

Bob Dee

Randy Vataha
    Ross O'Hanley
    Larry Eisenhauer
    Chris Slade
    John Bramlett
    Tom Neville
    Jon Morris

John Rembert
    Gerhard Swades
    Jim Colclough

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

Nice, but you have to drop Vinatieri to 10th I think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Always fun to do this.

1) Brady
    2) Hannah
    3) Sey
    4) Law
    5) Tip
    6) Adams
    7) 'Fork
    8) Tedy B
    9) Armstrong
    10) Troy Brown ... obviously every list is subject to arguement etc. I think we all agree on the same 15-20 players that are in conversation. Just comes down to what/where you place value and how how much. Rings mean a lot to me. I grew up in the 80's-90's , Pats had some pretty bad years , Always wait 'til next year w/ the Sox. The C's were old , lost Bird , Lewis. The B's never were as good as they were in the late 80's , early 90's. Around 91' is when I really started to appreciate sports , what it taught you , teamwork , winning etc. So I know and appreciate how hard it is to win. The Pats are in the convo every year now and its b/c of guys like Brady , Willie , Sey who help bring it on the field.

Sections
Shortcuts