Who Are the Top 2 RBS in # of runs over 10 yards this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Who Are the Top 2 RBS in # of runs over 10 yards this season?

adrian peterson and stevan ridley. 

how does that sound?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Who Are the Top 2 RBS in # of runs over 10 yards this season?

Ridley is having a great year, if we could take away all his runs for no gain or losses of yardage he would have a helluva average! not knocking him but the OL gets pushed back into him at times it seems.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley is having a great year, if we could take away all his runs for no gain or losses of yardage he would have a helluva average! not knocking him but the OL gets pushed back into him at times it seems.

[/QUOTE]

agreed on the ol.

hope bb plans to build it in offseason c, rt guard

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point. I notice that when he doesn't have room to run he tries to do this spin move that doesn't work - if anything it makes things worse because it slows him and takes his strength away. He's a having a heck of a year though and would love to see him get 1500 plus yards. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Ridley had their longest runs last year despite limited playing time. We have ourselves an elite back here. He's added a new dimension to this explosive offense

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Ridley is fourth in the NFL in rushing yards and he splits time with 3 other RBs! This guy is Brady's Terrell Davis, if only McDaniels would just learn to use him better. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley had their longest runs last year despite limited playing time. We have ourselves an elite back here. He's added a new dimension to this explosive offense

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree with this, I felt it was obvious last year but i suppose no point talking about that! I think the team have a top 5 QB (being generous to others) and a top 10 RB (once again being generous) come to think of it we also have the top 2 TEs (no need to be generous to others BB already proved this by being generous to the 2 of them) and maybe the greatest slot reciever the NFL has ever seen. Man i hope they can keep playing like it now they've started something!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley is fourth in the NFL in rushing yards and he splits time with 3 other RBs! This guy is Brady's Terrell Davis, if only McDaniels would just learn to use him better. 

[/QUOTE]

its not top on his list (best utilization of the weapon that ridley is).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

This was kinda my gripe against Benny all a long... solid, reliable back that protected the football, but couldn't do much outside of 5 yards from the LOS.  Ridley isn't a pure homerun threat, but is a physical back with good balance and some explosion that allowes him to do some damage in the 2nd and 3rd levels of a defense and gives opposing DC's another element to plan for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This was kinda my gripe against Benny all a long... solid, reliable back that protected the football, but couldn't do much outside of 5 yards from the LOS.  Ridley isn't a pure homerun threat, but is a physical back with good balance and some explosion that allowes him to do some damage in the 2nd and 3rd levels of a defense and gives opposing DC's another element to plan for.

[/QUOTE]

exactly.

did you take heat like i did (all year last year) for saying we should have ridley in, hes a much better and more dangerous runner).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Ridley is constantly moving his legs, when a lot of backs go down Ridley is able to keep it going, sometimes adding a chunk of yardage because he just keeps running, he's very good after contact, the legs don't stop going all out until the whistle. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has a great average.  How many running backs gain positive yardage on every play?  Hint: the answer is none. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In the first game against TENN Ridley had 5 or 6 runs over 15 yards.  No Patriot had done that in a game in over 20 years.  Enough said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

adrian peterson and stevan ridley. 

how does that sound?

[/QUOTE]

A huge thing that was missing from BJGEs game ... he would kind of fall forward for a few yards and that was it. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the thing that Ridley gives you over BJGE is just a little bit more power and speed. Ridley is no burner and honestly I think some of his stats are going to be inflated by defenses concentrating on Brady, but he's got some well rounded skills. Benny would run left off tackle and there would be a hole a mile wide for him to cut back into...he couldn't do it. Ridley is having no problems with the holes that are there and the ones that aren't. I've been very imprseed with his vision and timing - two things I think he was lacking last year. I can see him regularly running for 1200 plus yards a season for us and hopefully improving in pass catching - he's already doing well as a pass blocker. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the thing that Ridley gives you over BJGE is just a little bit more power and speed. Ridley is no burner and honestly I think some of his stats are going to be inflated by defenses concentrating on Brady, but he's got some well rounded skills. Benny would run left off tackle and there would be a hole a mile wide for him to cut back into...he couldn't do it. Ridley is having no problems with the holes that are there and the ones that aren't. I've been very imprseed with his vision and timing - two things I think he was lacking last year. I can see him regularly running for 1200 plus yards a season for us and hopefully improving in pass catching - he's already doing well as a pass blocker. 

[/QUOTE]

It's true. 

PFF has a stat bank, the last two seasons BJGE actually left blocked yardage on the field. 

He wasn't exploiting the holes that the offense created for him. 

Ridley is a very good runner, but part of his success needs to be credited to the TEs, and overall scheme that basically clears some good running lanes for him downfield. 

BJGE couldn't make it to those lanes. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's true. 

PFF has a stat bank, the last two seasons BJGE actually left blocked yardage on the field. 

He wasn't exploiting the holes that the offense created for him. 

Ridley is a very good runner, but part of his success needs to be credited to the TEs, and overall scheme that basically clears some good running lanes for him downfield. 

BJGE couldn't make it to those lanes. 

[/QUOTE]

As his abysmal year in Bungleland is showing.

Sections
Shortcuts