Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den

I know we need to take one week at a time... but as fans we have luxary of looking ahead.  So, with that said - who do we want to win Monday night?

We need Denver to lose a few games more than the Pats since they have the head to head tie breaker.  But if you look at Pitts sched, its not too hard and with a win Monday, I have them finishing 13-3.  They do play Cincy, Balt 2x's and GB - but other than that, it looks liek a cake walk with Oak, Clev, KC & Miami.

I think Denver should lose a few more since they play Indy, NYG & Philly....

If Houston can beat Indy this week, then the Pats (assuming they beat Miami) would go into Indy looking to beat them, thus making both teams 7-2 with the Pats holding the head to head tie breaker.

Of course NE still would have the Jets, and NO and Miami again so they obviously have a tuff road ahead. 

Like most of us have been saying, the next 5 weeks will show us our true Pats team.

But how do feel about the rest of the AFC, and who do you think will place where?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Re: Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den

Oh, and one more thing.  The Pats have a nice month to close out the season in Decmeber, but if Houston is for real, than the last game @ Houston could be a tuff one. Especially if it means a play-off spot for Houston.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

No matter how good the Broncos turn out to be (or not to be) over the remainder of the season, the Pats should want no part of a trip to Denver in January. Personally, I think Bitchburgh gives the Pats a tougher game, but it is the specter of playing in the mountains that bothers me. Historically, the Pats can't beat eggs in Denver, so I say the fact that Bitchburgh IS going to win the game is beneficial to the Pats.

Hell . . . we know the Pats can go in their house and pound them in January if need be. It's almost a tradition.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Normally I would root for Denver because I would rather scratch my eyeballs than root for the STEALers. However, if the Broncos lose this game and we win Sunday we'll have the same record, which is good for us in terms of the playoffs, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

an explosion

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I could never root for Pitt. Denver hopefully will beat them and lose next week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

My head says, "root for Pittsburgh," but my heart says, "root against Pittsburgh."

Denver - with the altitude giving them a higher red blood cell count, thus a higher aerobic capacity - is krytonite for Brady and the Pats, who struggle to breath the thin air at altitude.   You could see how gassed the Pats were in the second half.  But in cold weather, the air will be denser, right?

I just hate the Steelers so much - their (alleged) rapist goon QB, their thug WR, their whiney attitude in defeat, their Horrible Hanky-waving annoying and obnoxious fans (the waitresses at the sports bar I go to in IL hate serving them for these reasons), how the league gave them two championsips this decade..what more needs to be said? 

In contrast, the Donkeys are comparitively classy, though I thought McD's fist pumping was low class after they beat the Pats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

I would rather the Steelers win as much as that pains me to say. The Steelers are a better team but Brady plays the Steelers a lot better than the Broncos, especially in Denver. I could care less about having to go through Pittsburgh in the post-season but I really do not want to have to go through Denver. If Denver loses and the Pats manage to win their own games then they should be in good shape to grab a bye.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'm rooting for the Burgh.
    The Pats need to take care of their business and things should break well for them. That Denver loss was a tough one on many levels but the Pats can still get a bye if they continue to roll. A little help from the Steelers is a bonus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I have a simple rule, I want any team with a better record than the Pats to lose.  I'm with prairiemike on making a trip to Denver in January; we don't want to do that.  That place has bad ju ju for the Pats.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

If the Pats were to mix beaten eggs, along with some ju ju, dirty socks and jocks and set it on fire at the 50 yard line in Invesco Field maybe they could win a game there.... nothing else has work ;^)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

How is this even a question? Lets see root for a team with a coach who was the OC for the Pats and very close with our current head coach or root for a team like the Steelers who have been bitter rivals for the last decade and whom most Pats fans hate with a passion? hmmm thats a tough one....I am rooting for the Bronco's and McDanials and lets be frank I will root for almost any team over the Steelers cause I hate them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

I'm rooting for food poisoning for both teams and automatic losses by forfeit

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

I want a tie game at the end of overtime.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den:
    [QUOTE]I know we need to take one week at a time... but as fans we have luxary of looking ahead.  So, with that said - who do we want to win Monday night? We need Denver to lose a few games more than the Pats since they have the head to head tie breaker.  But if you look at Pitts sched, its not too hard and with a win Monday, I have them finishing 13-3.  They do play Cincy, Balt 2x's and GB - but other than that, it looks liek a cake walk with Oak, Clev, KC & Miami. I think Denver should lose a few more since they play Indy, NYG & Philly.... If Houston can beat Indy this week, then the Pats (assuming they beat Miami) would go into Indy looking to beat them, thus making both teams 7-2 with the Pats holding the head to head tie breaker. Of course NE still would have the Jets, and NO and Miami again so they obviously have a tuff road ahead.  Like most of us have been saying, the next 5 weeks will show us our true Pats team. But how do feel about the rest of the AFC, and who do you think will place where?
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]
    Right now I will be rooting for Pittsburgh as much as I hate them. Once we pass Denver with wins I won't worry about them but right now they own the tiebreaker against us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Denver is surprisingly weak for a 6-1 team.  I'm more worried about Pitts taking the second bye. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

going with Pitt, it make the Broncos even with the Pats, and Pitt is gonna get beat by the ravens at least twice this year, and probably lose to GB and anopther team i'm sure

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I can't believe you guys are wussing out on Denver. There's three things I want this year;
    1) Crush the fat man on the 22nd
    2) Take down little magpie Joshie Boy in the playoffs
    3) Win the superbowl

I want Denver because of all the reason you bring up. They'll never stop if we don't beat them out there.

Pitt/Indy are old friends we know well, if we face them they'll be the ones scared.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I'm pulling for Pittsburgh, not even a question about it.

I was rooting for the Chargers and the Ravens to beat them Broncos; I can't stand seeing a team that isn't really as good as the Pats having a better record, it drives me insane!! I honestly think Indy and the Pats will be getting the bye week, since Pittsburgh still has to deal with Baltimore twice, Cincy, etc.; and the Broncos will most likely lose about 3 more games after they face Philly, NYG, Chargers, and (this might sound crazy, but just think about it..) the Chiefs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Pittsburgh, a couple more losses for Denver and Josh will see his team implode, lose control of the ship and...soil himself.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

In Response to Re: Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den:
    [QUOTE]How is this even a question? Lets see root for a team with a coach who was the OC for the Pats and very close with our current head coach or root for a team like the Steelers who have been bitter rivals for the last decade and whom most Pats fans hate with a passion? hmmm thats a tough one....I am rooting for the Bronco's and McDanials and lets be frank I will root for almost any team over the Steelers cause I hate them.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Dude... that's the whole point of the thread??  As much as we all HATE the Steelers, we really need Denver to lose some games...

I agree with most here... Pitt is a better team than Denver, but I woudl sure feel better going to Pitt in the playoffs then I would going up against Denver at Mile High!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

A win by Pittsburgh is more beneficial to Patriots then a win by Denver. As has been mentioned the Patriots want no part of going to Denver in January, where if they ended up going to Pittsburgh they have shown they can win there.

Here is a very interesting stat:

If you look at the base betting line not factoring in anything other then homefield advantage and current rankings of Offense and defense the Patriots are 7 point favorites at home against Denver but 3 point underdogs if they had to play the game in Denver. That is a HUGE difference more so then any other split with a possible playoff opponent at this time. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

It's a tough choice but I'm rooting for the Steelers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

PITTSBURGH, for obvious reasons. They will win too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den:
    [QUOTE]It's a tough choice but I'm rooting for the Steelers.
    Posted by steelerjim58[/QUOTE]

Hah!

Sections
Shortcuts