Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den

Pittsburgh

but then we need Pittsburgh to lose a couple so they don't have a better overall, conference, and division record than the Pats

This is really going to blow people's minds: if the Colts lose to the Texans and the Broncos lose to the Steelers, then we'd be cheering for the COLTS to beat Denver (assuming the Patriots can beat Indy head to head, which is admittedly a big assumption).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

I can't stand Chittsburgh! And we gave that game to Denver. Passive Pees with his prevent defense only prevented our offense from getting on the field. I had to laugh when McDou che almost fist pumped himself a heart attack! LMAO! Too funny. Savour the flavor McDingdong. U won a coin toss and kicked a FG.....I have a feeling we'll meet again and it won't be pretty....

With that said......I gotta route for Denver Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den:
    It's a tough choice but I'm rooting for the Steelers.
    Posted by steelerjim58

It is kinda funny..I spent all day yesterday ripping Hines Ward and the Steelers but I'll be rooting for them this weekend. Let's hope these losers can win!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BEANCLOWNS. Show BEANCLOWNS's posts

DENVER CANT BEAT THE STEELERS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

My head says, "root for Pittsburgh," but my heart says, "root against Pittsburgh." Denver - with the altitude giving them a higher red blood cell count, thus a higher aerobic capacity - is krytonite for Brady and the Pats, who struggle to breath the thin air at altitude.   You could see how gassed the Pats were in the second half.  But in cold weather, the air will be denser, right? I just hate the Steelers so much - their (alleged) rapist goon QB, their thug WR, their whiney attitude in defeat, their Horrible Hanky-waving annoying and obnoxious fans (the waitresses at the sports bar I go to in IL hate serving them for these reasons), how the league gave them two championsips this decade..what more needs to be said?  In contrast, the Donkeys are comparitively classy, though I thought McD's fist pumping was low class after they beat the Pats.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Just as you hate the Steelers, most of the country hates the Patriots for the same reason, nobody likes a winner. And when you win allot, people will find any reason to discredit anything your team accomplishes. Not trying to be confrontational, but saying that the league gave the Steelers two Super Bowls is like saying the Patriots only won because they cheated.(Spy-Gate) I've said many times on this forum that personally, I think the whole incident was 'much-to-do' about nothing, and it was blown way out of proportion. But when you win like the Patriots have over the past decade, jealous people are going to find any reason to discredit what the Pats have accompished. Many of the posters on this forum bring up many good points, not only about the Patriots, but the NFL as a whole. Just as many have brought up the point that the Patriots struggle against the Bronco's in Denver, the Steelers have struggled against the Patriots, no matter where the game is played. That being said, I would love to see the Steelers play the Patriots, if our teams both make it to the playoffs.  Win or lose, I know it will be a major challenge, but until you beat the best, and I consider Brady the best, (that's why I didn't give much credence to the Steelers win in in New England last
     year) the Steelers will never have that monkey off their back. Just as in the 70's, when there were 4 teams that were usually at the top, Raiders, Cowboys, Dolphins and Steelers. This decade The Patriots, The Colts, Steelers and the Chargers have had some pretty good teams, but I'll be the first to admit that the Patriots have been the most dominating team of the decade. With some of the teams the Chargers have had in this decade, it's suprising that they haven't won a Superbowl. That's not a knock against the Chargers, because in the 70's, the Houston Oilers had some very good teams, but they just couldn't get over the hump. For myself, I'm just glad the 'Bye' week is over for the Steelers, and it's back to playing football. They will have their hands-full playing the Bronco's Monday night. And it seems like most of the home teams ae winning the big games this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Pittsburgh, a couple more losses for Denver and Josh will see his team implode, lose control of the ship and...soil himself.
    Posted by southernpat

yeah there's a potential they could lose 4 more games to the Chargers, Giants, Colts and Eagles

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I think good teams will beat the Giants this year, so don't count on the Jints to beat Denver.  If the Pats win the games they are supposed to win, and can stay healthy, they should be OK this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

I'm rooting  for Pittsburgh to lose, not Denver to win..get it???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

I'm rooting  for Pittsburgh to lose, not Denver to win..get it???
    Posted by Shtarka

Even though I'm a Steeler fan, I like the way you answered the question! Not trying to start any war of words, but I actually undertand why alot of Patriot fans don't like the Steelers. I've never been a big fan of waving the terrible towel! I think it's rather stupid! The only good thing that came out of the Terrible Towel was, Myron Cope gave all the proceeds to the deaf & blind school in the Pgh. area.  I don't hate the Patriots or their fans, but I usually root for the Patriots to lose, only because Tom Brady is a terrible match-up for the Steelers defense. He's great at throwing that quick pass to Welker, and this offsets any advantage the Steelers have with their blitzing linebackers. With a 3 man front, it wil be impossible to get to Brady without blitzing some linebackers. And this is where, not only Welker becomes so valuable, but Kevin Faulk out of the backfield. Brady is a whole different monster than Matt Cassell's was last year,when the Steeler linebackers were able to get to him. The only difference the Steelers have over two years ago when the Patriots beat the Steelers up in New England is, the Steeler offense can put some points up on the board, especially when they let Ben run the no huddle offense. Not making excuses, because the Patriots beat us pretty good two years ago, but without Troy Polamalu, the Steelers defense isn't the same. That being said, as a football fan, it's great to see Tom Brady back on the field!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm rooting for Mickey D.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den : Just as you hate the Steelers, most of the country hates the Patriots for the same reason, nobody likes a winner. And when you win allot, people will find any reason to discredit anything your team accomplishes. Not trying to be confrontational, but saying that the league gave the Steelers two Super Bowls is like saying the Patriots only won because they cheated.(Spy-Gate) I've said many times on this forum that personally, I think the whole incident was 'much-to-do' about nothing, and it was blown way out of proportion. But when you win like the Patriots have over the past decade, jealous people are going to find any reason to discredit what the Pats have accompished. Many of the posters on this forum bring up many good points, not only about the Patriots, but the NFL as a whole. Just as many have brought up the point that the Patriots struggle against the Bronco's in Denver, the Steelers have struggled against the Patriots, no matter where the game is played. That being said, I would love to see the Steelers play the Patriots, if our teams both make it to the playoffs.  Win or lose, I know it will be a major challenge, but until you beat the best, and I consider Brady the best, (that's why I didn't give much credence to the Steelers win in in New England last  year) the Steelers will never have that monkey off their back. Just as in the 70's, when there were 4 teams that were usually at the top, Raiders, Cowboys, Dolphins and Steelers. This decade The Patriots, The Colts, Steelers and the Chargers have had some pretty good teams, but I'll be the first to admit that the Patriots have been the most dominating team of the decade. With some of the teams the Chargers have had in this decade, it's suprising that they haven't won a Superbowl. That's not a knock against the Chargers, because in the 70's, the Houston Oilers had some very good teams, but they just couldn't get over the hump. For myself, I'm just glad the 'Bye' week is over for the Steelers, and it's back to playing football. They will have their hands-full playing the Bronco's Monday night. And it seems like most of the home teams ae winning the big games this year.
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

There you go, being all classy and fair - not I have two more reasons to hate the Steelers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I mean "now".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Unstablederek. Show Unstablederek's posts

denver i hat stealers! yes i spelled it wrong

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Its always pleasant to see the stealers take it up the wazoo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Who are we rooten for Monday night? Pitt vs. Den : Even though I'm a Steeler fan, I like the way you answered the question! Not trying to start any war of words, but I actually undertand why alot of Patriot fans don't like the Steelers. I've never been a big fan of waving the terrible towel! I think it's rather stupid! The only good thing that came out of the Terrible Towel was, Myron Cope gave all the proceeds to the deaf & blind school in the Pgh. area.  I don't hate the Patriots or their fans, but I usually root for the Patriots to lose, only because Tom Brady is a terrible match-up for the Steelers defense. He's great at throwing that quick pass to Welker, and this offsets any advantage the Steelers have with their blitzing linebackers. With a 3 man front, it wil be impossible to get to Brady without blitzing some linebackers. And this is where, not only Welker becomes so valuable, but Kevin Faulk out of the backfield. Brady is a whole different monster than Matt Cassell's was last year,when the Steeler linebackers were able to get to him. The only difference the Steelers have over two years ago when the Patriots beat the Steelers up in New England is, the Steeler offense can put some points up on the board, especially when they let Ben run the no huddle offense. Not making excuses, because the Patriots beat us pretty good two years ago, but without Troy Polamalu, the Steelers defense isn't the same. That being said, as a football fan, it's great to see Tom Brady back on the field!
    Posted by Steelcurtain75

Good to see a fan of another team with a sense of objectivity on this board. 

Question; what's up with this towel business? What's the history behind that? I noticed Phillies fans doing it too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I'm not rooting for either of them but, since we've already lost to Denver, it seems that we'd be better off with a Pittsburgh win. Of course, it might also help somewhat if we beat the Dullphins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER want Pittsburgh or Indy to win.  EVER.  EVER. EVER.  EVER.  If Pittsburgh is playing Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party, I'm rooting for the Nazis.  Its just that simple.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Well, if Pitt wins tonight then that means....

1. Indy is 8-0
    2. Denver is 6-2
    3. Pats are 6-2
    4. Cincy is 6-2
    5. Pitt is 6-2
    (Pitt plays Cincy next week so we can all root for Cincy too!)

I'm no longer tracking Baltimore....

So basically if New England can win against Indy and Denver loses another, Pats jump to #2... (for the time being of course)

So with that said, I think you GOTTA root for Pitt as much as we all hate that team.

Also, while we are sort of on the subject.  What do you guys think of Cincy?  Contenders or Pretenders?

Sections
Shortcuts