Who are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Re: Who are you?

where's rusty and Butchise, i wan't to know where they are from?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to bobomul's comment:

Another member of the Patriots Nation.  Born in Boston (Hyde Park) and have lived in the DC area 20 years. Now live in Severna Park, MD - not far from Kent Island.  All 3 boys are Pats/Sox/Celts fans and battle Kent Island in lax, baseball and soccer all the time.  

Bill Bateman's and Green Turtle are good places to watch a Pats game...especially if the Ravens aren't hogging up all the TVs.  

I feel you, Love going through Severna Park on my way out to Eastern shore. Beuatiful countryside

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Hi, I was born in raised in the streets of Boston.  No, I was Really raised in the streets by rats and alley cats. I dropped out of school and started selling drugs to little kids. I just looove portraying a thug.  I was also involved in the AH drug ring and may have even took someone out at one point in my life. I usually work a shift at 7/11 but right now Im out of work, living in moms basement. Its pretty cool accept when it rains, I get flooded down here. I am currently trying to get in position to touch a girl before I die.   GO PATS!!!!

seeing as the stalker is still lurking. I will go with this. I dont want weirdos bringing up my personal life in football debates as weapons. you guys are either brave or say enough nice things about BB to keep you off the list.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to TheSalmon's comment:

Coming to you live from Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I'm an x-ray tech, always working the late shifts. I stumbled upon this forum after my clinical rotation site blocked yahoo and I was no longer able to access the yahoo pats website (I always got on there for the links page).  They didn't block boston.com and I enjoyed the banter...

Hey, I loved living there in Albuquerque...went to UNM from '83-'86.  Go Lobos!!  Originally, from Long Island, but moved to CT when I was 7 and grew up there.  Didn't start following the NFL until after I first started college in Tampa, FL.  I couldn't bring myself to follow the Buccaneers (god, those were awful uniforms) so I decided to root for my home team...the New England Patriots!  I got to see Steve Grogan's last couple of years.  After bouncing around for a few years...New Mexico, Louisiana, New York, and Maryland...I've been back here in CT for the past 15 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I am Batman.

You're Ben Affleck?

I think we can all agree if you're right we need to track IrishMob down and beat him to an inch of his life and hold him hostage in Rusty basement for the next 5 years to make sure he never will be 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

Now that the seaon has statred tell me who I am talking with?

I live in VA just outside DC. Born and raised just north of Boston though. I root for the 4 Boston teams for better or worse. Good times and bad.

I own my own buisness and have 5 kids, coach travel softball and play as much golf as I can.

Kudos to you! I have 2 and it is a handful.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Born and raised in Melrose.  Wife born in Everett, raised in Melrose.  Left after HS for USAFA/AF and never looked back.  Family still there but can't go back (except to visit) due to the bastion of liberal nonsense the state has become.  Will always love NE teams.  Government contractor now living in CO (did you see we recalled two liberal gun control idiots financed by Bloomberg and his east coast weenies?  Outspent 6 to 1 and still outed them!)  4 wonderful kids, wonderful wife, great friends, blessed by the Almighty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

yet another Bustchise handle...

In addition: born in Mississippi, Sox fan from birth (probably because my favorite grandfather was a NYY fan and I was contrary).

Late 80's: went to prep school in Mass, always loved hockey as a kid, so became a big Bruins fan, started appreciating pro basketball and the Celts.  When Parcells took over the Pats and they drafted Bledsoe, I finally left my beloved Saints behind and embraced the red, white and blue.  It's been a love affair ever since... 

Stayed in NE, went to UMass for a year, spent a number of years living on NH seacoast and trying to party my way through UNH. Moved to DC i '98, now just across the line from Takoma Park/Silver Spring.  3 amazing kids (7, 3, 1) and a great wife who tolerates me.  Contractor for the Man.  Bobo, Army, Bub, ANON, lot of us here in the DMV.

Best Live moment: 11th row, 20-yd line at the Fogbowl in '96 against the Steelers.  Went with 2 college buddies, one a Steelers fan.  Watched a rainbow from Bledsoe disappear in the clouds, then magically re-appear over Terry Glenn's hands. Watched Kordell lose his self-confidence forever.

Best of all, watched CMart go absolutely bananas. He took one hand off at the opposite 22-yd line, and a huge hole opened between center and guard. One of those "ohsh1t!" moments when you realized - even before he got to the line of scrimmage - all he had to do was beat the safety.  That guy is still locking for his jock.  Curtis hit the hole, planted, and as soon as the plant foot was down, my Pats fan buddy and I were screaming, jumping up and down and hugging.  I don't think our Steelers buddy (who is quite short) enjoyed that too much, as he was standing between us. Curtis ran right to our open arms as Foxboro thundered -- god...that was amazing.

Anyhoo, that and phat rex is who I be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Hey hub, I live outside of DC in Silver Spring, MD. I do make several trips a year up I 95 because my son goes to UCONN but I was born and raised in MA. Grew up a diehard boston sports fan. A vet from the Gulf War and spent time travelling around the world. Try to catch teams when they are in the area and remembering going to a Nats game when the Sox were in town it was like a Red Sox home game. Alot of people here as you know are displanted New Englanders.   

I have a brother that lives in Silver Spring. I try and avoid MD now as the traffiic is insane. The Nats game is always a good time  - great stadium.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi.  How I became a Pats fan.  All my friends were either Dallas, Pittsburg, Giants, 49ers, you had no Saints fans because they were sad at the time. I did not want a team that everybody else had.  Even though I liked players on certain teams, I never had my own team.  When Greenbay played NE in 1996 Super Bowl, although Favre was from Mississippi I told my buddies that my team will be the team who lost and the rest is history.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

My first game I think was the 1985 season vs Miami. It was a rainy, damp day and Starring caught like a 40 yard bomb down the right flank which was called back for a penalty. I remember people letting these balloons go. It was definitely one of the weirder 1st game experiences just due to the expectation of what I thought it might be like. I remember walking out of there thinking the stadium was just a big high school stadium due to the benches.   Pats won it and then blasted Miami in the title game and on to the SB. That was a cool ride there.

Squish the Fish years - loved it. We sucked back then. The 85 run was awesome, I could not get enough of the news back then. Waking up to head out to the driveway to get the Globe. Man has times changed.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I am Batman.

You're Ben Affleck?

I think we can all agree if you're right we need to track IrishMob down and beat him to an inch of his life and hold him hostage in Rusty basement for the next 5 years to make sure he never will be 

hahaha touche.  I still have no idea how the guy got the role.  The producers must have went back and watched Daredevil and thought he could morph back into the superhero role.  Either way, dumb decision. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Now that my cover is blown….I’m 22 years old and am currently a senior at Virginia Tech studying Finance.  I got lucky and started dating the girl who has lived down the street from me for my entire life.  Grew up through grade school together and started dating senior year of high school.  She goes to Tech with me now and we both will be graduating next year with a degree in Finance.

My family is originally from Woburn, Mass and most of my relatives (my Mom is 1 of 7 and my Dad is 1 of 5) still reside there. My parents were the few that left when they settled in Northern Virginia.   My family used to visit Mass about 3 times a year when my sisters and I were younger but now that we are older we only get to visit once a year.   We have a few New England friends that live in our neighborhood down here and we took a visit up to Foxborough for the Pats/Texans playoff game last year.  It was a blast.  Boston is no doubt my favorite city and I plan to move up there after graduation (pending on how persuasive I can be to the lady).

I’m 100% pure, stubborn Irish blood.  Mom’s side is from Donegal and my Dad’s side is from the Aran Islands.  I’m an absolute diehard Pats, Bruins and Sox fan.  Celtics are meh.  I don’t follow the NBA as much as my friends do.  That’s about me in a nutshell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I am originally from the midwest (grew up in Oklahoma) I actually rooted not only for the Sooners but the Cowboys, as many in Oklahoma do due to lack of pro teams. I went to college in central massachusetts, graduated in the early 90s.

I knew about Boston sports mostly from my early love of baseball (Ted Williams was a hero, loved reading about him). And was an NBA and Larry Bird fan. 

So, in the early 90s I basically decided I was going to stay in Massachusetts and never went back home. Family moved on also. So, I adopted the local teams, or they adopted me, though less so the Bruins, it has taken me longer to actually understand and appreciate hockey. I am a loyal Bruins fan but not a super well informed one. Other three teams I follow closely, I am one of the few that posts on three or more sports boards here regularly.

For some only rooting for our teams for only 20 years makes me a bandwagon fan, so be it. :) But yeah, I followed the Pats, Sox, and Celts when they weren't very good and ended up getting a pretty amazing rise from each one (eventually) which was a joy. 

I have worked in small and mostly startup businesses all my adult life (mostly tech related), which accounts for the different random hours that I post. I come in here to take work breaks and see what peeps are debating. 

I enjoy the convos here greatly and I've learned none of us should take the debates personally - enjoy, learn, and back to the couch. I don't participate much in game day threads as I'm typically "all fan" at that point and not wanting to criticize players or coaches during the game...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Born and raised in Dot and Savin Hill. 

I recently moved to Florida.

The B's are my top team.  The Pats are my second.  I dislike the Boston Yankees and anything related to basketball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Mass native (western). Lived outside state for 2 short stints. Have one son in his late 20s. Pats fan since '66. Was a diehard Pats, Sox, Bruins and Celts fan through early adulthood then all but Pats became a more casual following as the years passed. Completed college degree in MA and recently retired from a technical career. Still own and manage real estate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I`m from Brazil, and I live in Sao Paulo, I always loved sports, I`m very young 17, and I`m going to college next year to study law. My first game was Pitt vs Cards in the SuperBowl, Man that team was really exciting to watch and I really wanted they to win but they lose. After that I started reading about NFL, and watched the next season but I didn`t have a team to root yet, in 2010 I started to root for the Pats and I`m very happy with the pats in 2011 I become to root to all Boston team and this is my favorite city in the us, I really want to go to Boston one day and watch a Pats game before Brady retires, that`s my history.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

From Tottenham, London, England, UK, now living in NYC after graduating from NYU. About to head to Cali.

Aaron Dobson # 17 Marshall U

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1009021/1zdtb8m_jpg.gif

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Born and raised in Boston, MA via Roxbury. Pats, Sox & Celtics fan all my life. Joined the service. Served 8 years. Relocated to South Carolina....and now I think I'm stuck here because my GF lives here and I don't think she is thinking about leaving South Carolina. I have one chance to try and convince her this Dec when I take her to Boston. Nothing but wining and dining and hopefully that will be enough to swind.....convince her. lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Brazil and England. That's pretty cool to see. Never thought about having many football fans outside of North America.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

59 year old grumpty bastaard, born and raised 20 miles north of Boston. Addicted to hockey as a young man. Played 5-6 times a week year round. Got older, married, divorced, married again, second wife made me quit playing after I broke my jaw in the skate 3 summer league.

Football as well. Been to many a game in my younger days (when I had money) go once in awhile when I get free tickets!

30+ years as an Industrial formulation Chemist.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's pretty awesome to see how many people are from elsewhere either now or originally.  This thread should put an end to the "if you weren't born in Foxboro when the Pats played at the concrete giant, you're not a fan" routine that seems to be prevalent lately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Live just outside Copenhagen, Denmark with my wife and 2 sons, age 3 and 6. I studied political science at the university of Copenhagen around the turn of the millenium, and work for a labor union for doctors.

The first game of football I ever watched was the day-after rerun of SB36. I had always been a soccer fan (and still am), and actually only watched because I was going to a quiz that same evening, and figured maybe there would be a question about the game - and there was. Who was MVP? My team was the only to answer! Football really was a very marginal sport at the time.

But I was sold, who wouldn't be? So my passion has grown over the years, and I have gotten my wife interested as well. We traveled to London for both of the games the Pats have played at Wembley, and plan on taking the kids with us for a game at Gillette in '15 or'16.

Supra societatem nemo

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's pretty awesome to see how many people are from elsewhere either now or originally.  This thread should put an end to the "if you weren't born in Foxboro when the Pats played at the concrete giant, you're not a fan" routine that seems to be prevalent lately.

Never heard that. I never looked at the Pats as just a Boston team. I know that's how they started though. I've met plenty of New Englanders and even some out of state fans and I never said anything like that to any of them.

Sections
Shortcuts