Who are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: Who are you?

Born and raised in Southeastern Mass.  Moved to Southwest Florida in the 90's after taking New England winters personal.  Will always remember Dickie Albert saying "Cooler on the Cape".    Became a "Half Back" 5 Years ago when I moved up to North Carolina.  (Moved as far south as I could to get away from cold weather and moved half way back)

Attended my first Pats game at Shaeffer Stadium in 1971 and became a Season Ticket Holder after I called to find out how long of a waiting list and was told "your next".  LOL

Have a Patriots Flag on my Lawn right now.   Although I would have my Red Sox Flag out too but it is ripped and I need to get a new one.  I also follow the Celtics and Bruins when I can. 

People down here say I talk funny but I don't care.   :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to bobomul's comment:

Another member of the Patriots Nation.  Born in Boston (Hyde Park) and have lived in the DC area 20 years. Now live in Severna Park, MD - not far from Kent Island.  All 3 boys are Pats/Sox/Celts fans and battle Kent Island in lax, baseball and soccer all the time.  

Bill Bateman's and Green Turtle are good places to watch a Pats game...especially if the Ravens aren't hogging up all the TVs.  

You are lucky, bobomul, my children are solid Raven's fans even though two of them were born in NE.  Growing up down here did the dirty deed.  Used to live in Pasadena and moved to the "island" in '02.  Bill Bateman's is a great place to hang and enjoy some good food.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to bobomul's comment:

Another member of the Patriots Nation.  Born in Boston (Hyde Park) and have lived in the DC area 20 years. Now live in Severna Park, MD - not far from Kent Island.  All 3 boys are Pats/Sox/Celts fans and battle Kent Island in lax, baseball and soccer all the time.  

Bill Bateman's and Green Turtle are good places to watch a Pats game...especially if the Ravens aren't hogging up all the TVs.  

You are lucky, bobomul, my children are solid Raven's fans even though two of them were born in NE.  Growing up down here did the dirty deed.  Used to live in Pasadena and moved to the "island" in '02.  Bill Bateman's is a great place to hang and enjoy some good food.

Hard for kids to carry a tourch when their peers are all rooting for the local team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Brazil and England. That's pretty cool to see. Never thought about having many football fans outside of North America.

If you mean me by the England fan, I wouldn't consider myself an English person. I was born there, but I moved to NYC when I was 4. I don't even have the accent. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to patriotrain's comment:

born and raised on so shore , left mass in the '80s but have followed and rooted for all boston teams since i left, now live in az

LMAO..you're Phat rex/Leon/Bustchise/bungaloBill/fatsam and a host of others you Jets fan and the ULTIMATE Jets troll!!!! Absolute tool as well...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I grew up in Boston.  Pats fan since the AFL started.  I was young then so I actually believed it was a professional league from the get go.  I spent my youth sneaking into Fenway (under the exit turn style), the Garden (program guy would open the gate for me) and all the places the Pats played (over the barbed wire at B. C. Etc.)

Undergrad in Boston, Grad school in Tampa.  Married a girl in Tampa which is where I live.  I work for an insurance company and I travel more than I'm home.  I'm working in Connecticut now.

BDC is my link to the Boston sports scene.

Fondest Boston sports moments:  Bill Russell actually did sign for me.  I didn't realize he didn't sign still I was an adult.

Snow ball fight at Fenway during a Pats game.  I don't know, it was just great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

Born and raised in a somewhat small town in Indiana. Always been a huge football fan . One of the first games I ever watched was a Patriots game vs the dolphins. Plunkett was the qb and I loved the old Pat the patriots helmets. I was hooked immediately and I've been a huge Pats fan ever since. I guess I'm just stubborn as hell cuz I've seen some pretty lean times with this team. Lived in Columbia, South Carolina for 9 years and graduated from University of South Carolina. Am now a Pharmacist living in Indianapolis. My love of the Patriots makes me verrrry popular here.lol. Been reading BDC forums for years now , mostly just to get info and rarely comment. Too much whining and infighting for my taste most the time. I don't get it, We are currently witnessing the best run of Patriots football I have ever seen...best coach / QB combination in the history of this team but there's still so much negativity... I'm just enjoying the ride   GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Not enough Mainers here. I'm 20 and I live in Portland, ME. Living with a couple roommates on the outskirts of the city. Went to UMass for two years but am now finishing up at the Uni of Southern Maine where I'm studying Exercise Science with the goal of becomming a physical therapist. I lurk this forum often but don't really post a whole lot. The Bruins are by far my favorite NE sports team but I also enjoy football and the Patriots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:

Born and raised in Melrose.  Wife born in Everett, raised in Melrose.  Left after HS for USAFA/AF and never looked back.  Family still there but can't go back (except to visit) due to the bastion of liberal nonsense the state has become.  Will always love NE teams.  Government contractor now living in CO (did you see we recalled two liberal gun control idiots financed by Bloomberg and his east coast weenies?  Outspent 6 to 1 and still outed them!)  4 wonderful kids, wonderful wife, great friends, blessed by the Almighty.

Hey 347, fellow Melrosian here! Left in 86 for work in the midwest been in STL since 87. Always followed the home teams! 2 adult kids, 1 grandson always loved ths board, won't ever leave!KMc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who are you? Who, who, who, who?

I woke up in a Soho doorway
    A policeman knew my name
    He said, "You can go sleep at home tonight
    If you can get up and walk away"

I staggered back to the underground
    And the breeze blew back my hair
    I remember throwin' punches around
    And preachin' from my chair

Well, who are you?
    (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
    I really wanna know
    Tell me, who are you?
    'Cause I really wanna know

I took the tube back out of town
    Back to the rollin' pin
    I felt a little like a dying clown
    With a streak of rin tin tin

I stretched back and I hiccupped
    And looked back on my busy day
    Eleven hours in the tin pan
    God, there's got to be another way

Well, who are you?
    Who are you?
    Come on Tell me, who are you?
    [Incomprehensible]

Who are you?

Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa
    Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa
    Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa

I really wanna know
    I really wanna know
    Come on tell me, who are you?
    'Cause I really wanna know

I know there's a place you walked
    Where love falls from the trees
    My heart is like a broken cup
    I only feel right on my knees

I spit out like a sewer hole
    Yet still receive your kiss
    How can I measure up to anyone now
    After such a love as this?

Who are you?
    I really wanna know
    Tell me, tell me who are you?

Come on come on who?
    Who are you?
    Who are you?
    (Who are you?)

I really wanna know
    I really wanna know
    Come on tell me, who are you, you, you, you?
    Who are you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

Born and raised in Southeastern Mass.  Moved to Southwest Florida in the 90's after taking New England winters personal.  Will always remember Dickie Albert saying "Cooler on the Cape".    Became a "Half Back" 5 Years ago when I moved up to North Carolina.  (Moved as far south as I could to get away from cold weather and moved half way back)

Attended my first Pats game at Shaeffer Stadium in 1971 and became a Season Ticket Holder after I called to find out how long of a waiting list and was told "your next".  LOL

Have a Patriots Flag on my Lawn right now.   Although I would have my Red Sox Flag out too but it is ripped and I need to get a new one.  I also follow the Celtics and Bruins when I can. 

People down here say I talk funny but I don't care.   :)

The worst was trying to find legit pizza and Chinese.  Seafood is an even longer shot. But, once you find the spot, it works.

You are right on finding good pizza here in NC.  It's definately hard to find.  Surprisingly, there's a couple of places with some decent seafood but Chinese is kind of shaky. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Born in Springfield Ma, 1961. Dad was in Army so we moved a lot but i graduated highschool in 1981 from Technical Highschool in Springfield. Joined the Army and stayed in just short of 25 years with tours in Desert storm, Bosnia, and then Iraqi feedom flying Apaches. Retired in 2005 while stationed in Germany and got a job where I live now in Tucson Az, flying Apaches as a contractor with the Guard. Diehard Pats fan but not much love for the other sports but do root for all Boston teams because I have a lot of family who love the Sox and Bruins. I do like USA soccer men and women. Married to a Brit and have two kids one son and one daughter, my daughter is the athlete and is a freshmen in highschool on the JV team for Volleyball and is the only freshman that made that team, yes I am proud!!!

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to IndyTony's comment:

Born and raised in a somewhat small town in Indiana. Always been a huge football fan . One of the first games I ever watched was a Patriots game vs the dolphins. Plunkett was the qb and I loved the old Pat the patriots helmets. I was hooked immediately and I've been a huge Pats fan ever since. I guess I'm just stubborn as hell cuz I've seen some pretty lean times with this team. Lived in Columbia, South Carolina for 9 years and graduated from University of South Carolina. Am now a Pharmacist living in Indianapolis. My love of the Patriots makes me verrrry popular here.lol. Been reading BDC forums for years now , mostly just to get info and rarely comment. Too much whining and infighting for my taste most the time. I don't get it, We are currently witnessing the best run of Patriots football I have ever seen...best coach / QB combination in the history of this team but there's still so much negativity... I'm just enjoying the ride   GO PATS!

Wow!  Good to see other Fans who remember the days of Plunkett to Vataha.  Of course if Plunkett had stayed with the team, he probably would have become discarded with the old turf as he became a permanent part of the ground due to opposing defensive linemen driving him into the ground.    :)

And yes this has been the best era ever for the Patriots!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good info guys!  Thanks for sharing.

I'm just some guy who lives out west and I'm a Pats fan!

Smile

I had a great childhood, parents still happily married, I have both older and younger siblings.  My whole family was very active in sports growing up, most of us still are, either coaching, playing or both. Sports have always been huge for me as a kid and as an adult.

Growing up I worked for my Father who owned a successful automotive parts manufacturing company.  After graduating college, I got married, had children and went to work as an accountant for the largest gaming manufacturer in the United States.  Left the corporate world to work at my current job, a financial firm as a consultant and also over their IT department.  Have a graphic design business on the side.  My children are heavily involved in sports and keep me busy.

Some of my siblings and other family members visit Boston on occasion, they love it.  I have never been to visit, would like to some day, hopefully soon.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

Born in Springfield Ma, 1961. Dad was in Army so we moved a lot but i graduated highschool in 1981 from Technical Highschool in Springfield. Joined the Army and stayed in just short of 25 years with tours in Desert storm, Bosnia, and then Iraqi feedom flying Apaches. Retired in 2005 while stationed in Germany and got a job where I live now in Tucson Az, flying Apaches as a contractor with the Guard. Diehard Pats fan but not much love for the other sports but do root for all Boston teams because I have a lot of family who love the Sox and Bruins. I do like USA soccer men and women. Married to a Brit and have two kids one son and one daughter, my daughter is the athlete and is a freshmen in highschool on the JV team for Volleyball and is the only freshman that made that team, yes I am proud!!!

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

A Tech Tiger. You've been a long way from home raptor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Good info guys!  Thanks for sharing.

I'm just some guy who lives out west and I'm a Pats fan!

Smile

I had a great childhood, parents still happily married, I have both older and younger siblings.  My whole family was very active in sports growing up, most of us still are, either coaching, playing or both. Sports have always been huge for me as a kid and as an adult.

Growing up I worked for my Father who owned a successful automotive parts manufacturing company.  After graduating college, I got married, had children and went to work as an accountant for the largest gaming manufacturer in the United States.  Left the corporate world to work at my current job, a financial firm as a consultant and also over their IT department.  Have a graphic design business on the side.  My children are heavily involved in sports and keep me busy.

Some of my siblings and other family members visit Boston on occasion, they love it.  I have never been to visit, would like to some day, hopefully soon.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

I'm missing how you became a Pats fan here TFB12. Moved to the area for the gaming co. job? What does out west mean, western part of state, or the US?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm missing how you became a Pats fan here TFB12. Moved to the area for the gaming co. job? What does out west mean, western part of state, or the US?

Western part of the US.  Born in Vegas. 

My Father was a Cleveland Browns fan his whole life.  We always watched football together, even though I wasn't a Browns fan I knew a lot about them from watching and following them with my Father.  He really liked Belichick.  But then again, who wouldn't after Marty Schottenheimer, hahahaha!  It rubbed off on me.  Became a Pats fan when BB took over the coaching job.  Whew!! It was a close call, probably would have been a Jets fan had he Coached them.  Close call,  LOL!!

btw, did you ever see that special on the Browns with Bill Belichick?  It was amazing!  Brought back so many memories of that time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

George S Patton Jr

You were 19/20 when you graduated H.S.?  You must of been liKe Buddy Revell

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

George S Patton Jr

Good catch, I graduated in 1980 (Armory elementary school liked me so much I did third grade twice) and joined the army 1981. I was 18 when I graduated. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

George S Patton Jr

"I don't like to be touched"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

George S Patton Jr

A Tech Tiger. You've been a long way from home raptor.

Yes, I ended up there my last year in school. When my Dad retired from the Army we first moved back to Lee Mass in the Berckshires( 11th grade) and we were the Lee High Wildcats with school colors of Orange and white. We moved to Springfield later that year cause Dad couldn't get work out there so I finished a Tech tiger school colors Orange and white :( The Tigers were on a three year loser streak before I got there but I change all that when I joined the team and by God we won one game that year!!! :) Actually beat Classical high just across State street from us. Good times.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You must of been liKe Buddy Revell

That was a good flick from what I remember.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

I'm a Dot rat.  Been following Boston sports since '67.  Went to the first game played at Shaffer Stadium.

Dreaming the Impossible Dream

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I grew up just north of Boston, but my dad though there were too many drugs in the local HS and sent me to East Boston High where I was a Sweat Hog in the Machine Shop, just like Vinny Babarino ;o)

I joined the Navy in 77 and retired in 97.  Since my Wife is Japanese we decided to stay in Hawaii and split the difference between Japan and Boston but she gets home a lot more than I do.  However, I did get to take my Son-in-law (A Texan who was in the Marines ) and my Grandson (2 years old at the time) to a game in the Fens a couple of years ago.  Texas vs Sox series first week of Sept and the Sox won the game we went to on Sat.  Unfortunately, they lost the other two and it was the beginnig of the 2011 slide.  So yes you can all blame me, it have nothing to do with Chicken and Beer!

I currently work for the Federal Government; double dipping as they say and I love the fact that I can golf year round.  My wife likes to golf but not in the sun so we do the Par three at Hickam once a week which is lit and open until 10:00 at night.  Plus I usually get a round in at one of the local or military courses during the weekend.

I remember going to a lot of Great concerts in the 70's.  Zepplin in the Garden in 73, JGiels Band in the Music Hall and in the Garden.  Aerosmith two nights in a row at the Music Hall my buddy worked their and got me in free the second night.  I also worked at the Hippodrome on Revere Beach collecting tickets on the Merry-Go-Round from when I was 13 to 16 in the summers and Walked Horses at Suffix Downs in the Fall.

Aloha

Sections
Shortcuts