Who are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Who are you?

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I was born in Texas, my dad was in the Air Force and was stationed there (he is an A&M grad). Moved to Kansas City as a young kid, and then up to Groveland in 1965 and my family has been in the area since then. I live in southern NH now (Brentwood), and do IT work for a small financial company in Boston.

Following up a little on my Pats fandom... I went to a few games at the old stadium, those were mostly drinking trips back in the early 80s when tickets were cheap and available. I was at the Squish the Fish game in Miami in 1986 just before they got beat by the Bears in the Superbowl. Went with two of my old high school friends and we literally danced on the bar that night at the hotel after they won. The bartender was from this area and was basically giving the booze away. That was my first roadtrip game, and I always wanted to do it again, but it got put on the back burner when I met my wife and had kids. Picked it back up in 2006 to go to the playoff game in Denver, and have done an away game every year since then. Have been to NY, Indy (went to Michigan at Perdue that weekend as well), Miami 3 times, New Orleans (went to the LSU-Arkansas game, Mallett playing QB for Arkansas), and Pittsburgh. Heading to Atlanta in two weeks, we are going to Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech on Thursday night, still debating whether the LSU-Georgia game is within budget for that Saturday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Born and raised in the great city of Lynn (Lynn, Lynn the city of sin.....) Left home when I joined the Army, served 22 years, now working overseas as military contractor. Die hard Pats, Sox, B's and Celts fan.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Excellent thread... Nice to "get real" here in cyberspace as much as it is possible...

I think we have new England covered.  I am another Massachusetts native .  How can you not be a passionate fan?  We were raised on this stuff.  Played QB in d1 central Massachusetts, almost at Middlebury but ended up at uvm and played baseball as a walk on switch hitting SS.  Loved vt so moved back here in 94 after 10 years or so living in and around Boston. Charlestown for 6years.  That was fun.  Grab a burger at the 99 and get a busride to the old garden... Neely Bourque, Middleton.  Rode my bike around the Charles river loop .  Used to jog up the bunker hill monument stairs to get my ski legs in shape. 

love golf (8hdcp) play tennis ( 4.0 ? ) hurt my shoulder in a ski crash last year so serve has suffered. Still like to throw the baseball, but not currently playing anything organized.(you can't do everything)

thought it would be cool to have a BDC golf outing somewhere with other posters who are golfers.  Who's in on that one?  Amazing all the stuff we have in common on this board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Excellent thread... Nice to "get real" here in cyberspace as much as it is possible...

I think we have new England covered.  I am another Massachusetts native .  How can you not be a passionate fan?  We were raised on this stuff.  Played QB in d1 central Massachusetts, almost at Middlebury but ended up at uvm and played baseball as a walk on switch hitting SS.  Loved vt so moved back here in 94 after 10 years or so living in and around Boston. Charlestown for 6years.  That was fun.  Grab a burger at the 99 and get a busride to the old garden... Neely Bourque, Middleton.  Rode my bike around the Charles river loop .  Used to jog up the bunker hill monument stairs to get my ski legs in shape. 

love golf (8hdcp) play tennis ( 4.0 ? ) hurt my shoulder in a ski crash last year so serve has suffered. Still like to throw the baseball, but not currently playing anything organized.(you can't do everything)

thought it would be cool to have a BDC golf outing somewhere with other posters who are golfers.  Who's in on that one?  Amazing all the stuff we have in common on this board.

That's impressive.  I wish I could get out and golf more but I simply don't have the money being a broke college student.  I do, however, take advantage of my dad's membership at a local golf course when I'm home for the summer.  I'd say I golf about 12-14 times a year and have a handicap of 18.  I want to get down into the single digits eventually but just don't have the time or money right now. 

I think the golf outing would be a great idea.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to make it.  AGCSBill said he lived in Northern Virginia as well and I mentioned to him we should get together on the green at some point.  I always thought it would be pretty cool to meet some of my fellow posters in person. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

That's impressive.  I wish I could get out and golf more but I simply don't have the money being a broke college student.  I do, however, take advantage of my dad's membership at a local golf course when I'm home for the summer.  I'd say I golf about 12-14 times a year and have a handicap of 18.  I want to get down into the single digits eventually but just don't have the time or money right now. 

I think the golf outing would be a great idea.  Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to make it.  AGCSBill said he lived in Northern Virginia as well and I mentioned to him we should get together on the green at some point.  I always thought it would be pretty cool to meet some of my fellow posters in person. 

I am in for the NVA golf event if it happens. I played a ton of golf last year, not so much this year due to the new healthcare law taking up all my time.

If anyone needs help with the new law just shoot me a question. I am one of the few that read the bill and asssit many with the new law.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE] 

"WE used to call him "smack heroin" because he had a HUGE coke problem.....it's why he's  was out of football fast...but he was an incredible punt anf kickoff returner, small, fast and shifty"

My best memory of "Mini MacK" was seeing a big pile of defenders on the ground thinking that Mack was tackled then see him squirt out of the pile and run for another ten yards.  I think the coach described him as something like "Macks not small he's just short".  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

I am in for the NVA golf event if it happens. I played a ton of golf last year, not so much this year due to the new healthcare law taking up all my time.

If anyone needs help with the new law just shoot me a question. I am one of the few that read the bill and asssit many with the new law.

I have a sister who lives in falls church VA, so a golf trip there is not out of the question.. .  I also have family in Massachusetts so maybe that could work also since many of the golfers on here are located around there.  More planning needed.

Golfers... Unite...!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

East Somerville. Went to my first Pats game at Fenway. You know back when goal posts were made of wood and looked like an H.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

Watch out for those aluminum ones... Didn't a couple people get electrocuted dragging goalposts from Foxboro stadium?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to thehub's comment:

I have a sister who lives in falls church VA, so a golf trip there is not out of the question.. .  I also have family in Massachusetts so maybe that could work also since many of the golfers on here are located around there.  More planning needed.

Golfers... Unite...!

I have a good buddy in Winchester. Maybe I'll plan a visit and hit DC for a weekend and invade the golf outing. haha

I am not an 8 handicap howvever.  If I had more time to play, I might be. I was close to a 10 in my 20s.

How about next week during the 10 day break , we start a golfers thread and figure out some kind of logistics that might work.  Yeah , don't worry about the hdcps , it is a game that should be enjoyed for the fun of it .  Everybody makes great shots... For some they just don't come as frequently.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm missing how you became a Pats fan here TFB12. Moved to the area for the gaming co. job? What does out west mean, western part of state, or the US?

Western part of the US.  Born in Vegas. 

My Father was a Cleveland Browns fan his whole life.  We always watched football together, even though I wasn't a Browns fan I knew a lot about them from watching and following them with my Father.  He really liked Belichick.  But then again, who wouldn't after Marty Schottenheimer, hahahaha!  It rubbed off on me.  Became a Pats fan when BB took over the coaching job.  Whew!! It was a close call, probably would have been a Jets fan had he Coached them.  Close call,  LOL!!

btw, did you ever see that special on the Browns with Bill Belichick?  It was amazing!  Brought back so many memories of that time. 

Didn't see it. No doubt BB is an interesting guy and a legend of the game (as a HC!).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

How about next week during the 10 day break , we start a golfers thread and figure out some kind of logistics that might work.  Yeah , don't worry about the hdcps , it is a game that should be enjoyed for the fun of it .  Everybody makes great shots... For some they just don't come as frequently.

Great idea!

You are spot on about the skill sets - it's a game  - who cares if you hit it straight just go find it and hit it again. I am a 10 HC and play with scratch and very high HC guys and always have fun.

It would great to play with other Pats fan that post here. Just to bust some balls early I will waer a pink Pats hat for Rusty - all in good fun.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to NESportnut's comment:

In response to 347pg's comment:

Born and raised in Melrose.  Wife born in Everett, raised in Melrose.  Left after HS for USAFA/AF and never looked back.  Family still there but can't go back (except to visit) due to the bastion of liberal nonsense the state has become.  Will always love NE teams.  Government contractor now living in CO (did you see we recalled two liberal gun control idiots financed by Bloomberg and his east coast weenies?  Outspent 6 to 1 and still outed them!)  4 wonderful kids, wonderful wife, great friends, blessed by the Almighty.

Hey 347, fellow Melrosian here! Left in 86 for work in the midwest been in STL since 87. Always followed the home teams! 2 adult kids, 1 grandson always loved ths board, won't ever leave!KMc.

I see the Eagle avatar.  Do you work at McD-Douglas (or is it Boeing now)?  I moved a couple of jets from there overseas.  Been through STL on a few of those missions.  Great city.  Didn't stay long enough though.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

Born in Dorchester, raised in West Roxbury, lived in Stoughton til 1999 when I moved to Centreville, VA.

Season ticket holder 94-99. Move was bad timing as Pats became multiple SB winners and Sox became multiple WS winners after I left. Guess I have to stay away.

I have seen the Pats play at BU, Harvard, Fenway, old and new Foxboro.

I don't post much, but I get all my Pats news from this site.

Thanks

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to bobomul's comment:

Another member of the Patriots Nation.  Born in Boston (Hyde Park) and have lived in the DC area 20 years. Now live in Severna Park, MD - not far from Kent Island.  All 3 boys are Pats/Sox/Celts fans and battle Kent Island in lax, baseball and soccer all the time.  

Bill Bateman's and Green Turtle are good places to watch a Pats game...especially if the Ravens aren't hogging up all the TVs.  

You are lucky, bobomul, my children are solid Raven's fans even though two of them were born in NE.  Growing up down here did the dirty deed.  Used to live in Pasadena and moved to the "island" in '02.  Bill Bateman's is a great place to hang and enjoy some good food.

Hard for kids to carry a tourch when their peers are all rooting for the local team.

The truth!  All their friends are Ravens fanatics and, boy, do they bust on me when the Pats lose, especially to the Ravens.  They post like crazy to Facebook.  Last year was tough, but, I survive!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

In response to bobomul's comment:

Another member of the Patriots Nation.  Born in Boston (Hyde Park) and have lived in the DC area 20 years. Now live in Severna Park, MD - not far from Kent Island.  All 3 boys are Pats/Sox/Celts fans and battle Kent Island in lax, baseball and soccer all the time.  

Bill Bateman's and Green Turtle are good places to watch a Pats game...especially if the Ravens aren't hogging up all the TVs.  

You are lucky, bobomul, my children are solid Raven's fans even though two of them were born in NE.  Growing up down here did the dirty deed.  Used to live in Pasadena and moved to the "island" in '02.  Bill Bateman's is a great place to hang and enjoy some good food.

Hard for kids to carry a tourch when their peers are all rooting for the localteam.

I managed to carry the torch.  I have gotten sh*t my entire life down here in Virginia, but I'll never give up my pride.  I think it's more fun to be living in enemy territory. 

Speaking of carrying the torch.  I also have a Patriots golf bag and that gets some looks when at the golf course down here or in places of the "enemy".  Other golfers will give me the "stink eye" saying..  "Pats fan, huh?"  I'll just say born and bred New Englander and I do not change my colors because I live in Maryland."  They respect that come back!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Since golf hdcp is mentioned.. I'm around a 6.  Best thing lately, had a personal best 72 a couple weeks ago parring the course I played in NC with witnesses!  Shot 2 under on the front and if it weren't for a couple bad bounces, had a real shot at a 70, even a 69!!

Sections
Shortcuts