Who are you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Who are you?

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bobomul's comment:

[QUOTE]

Another member of the Patriots Nation.  Born in Boston (Hyde Park) and have lived in the DC area 20 years. Now live in Severna Park, MD - not far from Kent Island.  All 3 boys are Pats/Sox/Celts fans and battle Kent Island in lax, baseball and soccer all the time.  

Bill Bateman's and Green Turtle are good places to watch a Pats game...especially if the Ravens aren't hogging up all the TVs.  

You are lucky, bobomul, my children are solid Raven's fans even though two of them were born in NE.  Growing up down here did the dirty deed.  Used to live in Pasadena and moved to the "island" in '02.  Bill Bateman's is a great place to hang and enjoy some good food.

[/QUOTE]

Hard for kids to carry a tourch when their peers are all rooting for the localteam.

[/QUOTE]

I managed to carry the torch.  I have gotten sh*t my entire life down here in Virginia, but I'll never give up my pride.  I think it's more fun to be living in enemy territory. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I have lived in the great state of Maine most of my life, penobscot bay area. I spent a brief time in Acton, Mass and in parts of Georgia. I am the 4th of 5 children, 2 older brothers, 2 sisters and I'm the only one in my family who followed sports. I played football (running back) and ran track (hurdles and triple jump) in high school.

I am married with 3 children, 2 grandchildren with 2 more expecting. Life is good!

My earliest memories of the Patriots was in 1973 watching OJ Simpson rush for 469 of his 2003 yards against us. My first time attending a game was at Schaefer Stadium in 1979 against Air Coryell's Chargers.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Born and raised on the Canadian prairie in a small town. Moved to Winnipeg years ago for university. Married, 25 years last month, two kids.

Been a Pats fan since I was a kid. Given the geography never been to a game in Foxboro, although I did see the Pats live a few years back in Minny where they beat the Vikes on Monday Night.

Hockey is really the only other sport I care about. Played in my younger days, now happy to watch my son play who is better than I ever was.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

[QUOTE]

Born and raised on the Canadian prairie in a small town. Moved to Winnipeg years ago for university. Married, 25 years last month, two kids.

Been a Pats fan since I was a kid. Given the geography never been to a game in Foxboro, although I did see the Pats live a few years back in Minny where they beat the Vikes on Monday Night.

Hockey is really the only other sport I care about. Played in my younger days, now happy to watch my son play who is better than I ever was.

Just curious, how did you become a Pats fan?

[/QUOTE]

The local CFL team had a RB named Mack Herron way back. He was my favorite player. He was let go because of a drug issue I think. 

My first memory of watching the NFL was a Pats game and Mack Herron was on the team. I think he may have ran a kick back for a TD that game but the memory is a bit hazy.

Anyway I was a Pats fan from that point on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

The local CFL team had a RB named Mack Herron way back. He was my favorite player. He was let go because of a drug issue I think. 

My first memory of watching the NFL was a Pats game and Mack Herron was on the team. I think he may have ran a kick back for a TD that game but the memory is a bit hazy.

Anyway I was a Pats fan from that point on.

Mini Mack!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

born in newburyport, raised in Salisbury. Salisbury elementary, triton high, umass Lowell class of 98. Sox,pats,bruins,celtics and the riverhawks. I follow b.c. For division 1 football, baseball, hockey, and basketball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

I managed to carry the torch.  I have gotten sh*t my entire life down here in Virginia, but I'll never give up my pride.  I think it's more fun to be living in enemy territory. 

Definitely is! I lived in Toronto for a few years when I was young and I loved the rivalry I had with my friends. I still hate the Leafs more than any other team to this day! 

Moved back to Boston in my teens and I've lived here ever since. Been a diehard Pats/Bruins/Celts fan since I could pick up a football. I used to enjoy the Sox games but I've pretty much lost interest in baseball the past few years, its just too boring.

By the way, I'm looking forward to Nov 2 when the Hokies come to Chestnut Hill! Usually a great game between those two teams. Go Eagles!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

been a Pats fan since their inception. Listened to the first game on a transistor radio ( boy, thats an age  indicator ...just ask  anybody at BestBuy  about that) in West Springfield. Graduated 1965. Honorable mention All City in football ( in a one school town!... ie;  benchwarmer!)

Nixon Fellow ( read drafted 1969) UMass  73   GI Bill ... thanks 

moved to upstate NY  ( Canandaigua) in 1979.  3 boys with NY state education  but all moved to MASS for jobs. Grandma ( my wife ) said we have to be closer to family , so we now live in Milford. Loving it!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

Like Stegall85, I also grew up in a small Canadian prairie town in Saskatchewan. My grandfather grew up in the Boston area and moved to Canada after he met my grandmother while in College. I started watching Patriots games back in the mid 90's when I was a young kid and have been a fan ever since. I went to university in Saskatchewan for Geological Engineering and I am now currently a Petroleum Geologist in the always busy Oil Patch up here in Saskatchwan!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to raptor64d's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Born in Springfield Ma, 1961. Dad was in Army so we moved a lot but i graduated highschool in 1981 from Technical Highschool in Springfield. Joined the Army and stayed in just short of 25 years with tours in Desert storm, Bosnia, and then Iraqi feedom flying Apaches. Retired in 2005 while stationed in Germany and got a job where I live now in Tucson Az, flying Apaches as a contractor with the Guard. Diehard Pats fan but not much love for the other sports but do root for all Boston teams because I have a lot of family who love the Sox and Bruins. I do like USA soccer men and women. Married to a Brit and have two kids one son and one daughter, my daughter is the athlete and is a freshmen in highschool on the JV team for Volleyball and is the only freshman that made that team, yes I am proud!!!

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

A Tech Tiger. You've been a long way from home raptor.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I ended up there my last year in school. When my Dad retired from the Army we first moved back to Lee Mass in the Berckshires( 11th grade) and we were the Lee High Wildcats with school colors of Orange and white. We moved to Springfield later that year cause Dad couldn't get work out there so I finished a Tech tiger school colors Orange and white :( The Tigers were on a three year loser streak before I got there but I change all that when I joined the team and by God we won one game that year!!! :) Actually beat Classical high just across State street from us. Good times.

[/QUOTE]

wow !  some memories Tech and Classical ( State street right?) , they are both  gone now, Springfield Central right.

just under 25 years !.... thank you!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I am the eggman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definitely is! I lived in Toronto for a few years when I was young and I loved the rivalry I had with my friends. I still hate the Leafs more than any other team to this day! 

Moved back to Boston in my teens and I've lived here ever since. Been a diehard Pats/Bruins/Celts fan since I could pick up a football. I used to enjoy the Sox games but I've pretty much lost interest in baseball the past few years, its just too boring.

By the way, I'm looking forward to Nov 2 when the Hokies come to Chestnut Hill! Usually a great game between those two teams. Go Eagles!

[/QUOTE]

Nice!  I'm a very competitive guy and my friends love to get me worked up so they always try to take cheap shots at the Pats...I quickly remind them that they are Skins fans and then suddenly, the room goes silent.

As a B's fan, I could never manage to hate the Leafs.  I like their history, franchise, etc. so I could never really hate them.  Plus, in my lifetime, they've sucked.  It would probably be different for me if I lived in Toronto like you.  I do, however, despise the Habs.  Ugh.  They are the Jets (New York) fans of Hockey.

Funny that you bring up the BC/Tech game.  Obviously, being from Virginia, everybody in my area LOVES the Hokies, no matter if they are alumni or not.  It's like Penn State. It's a damn cult. Growing up, I was always a BC fan so I never liked Tech football.  The older I got and the more I realized I wanted to go to Tech, the football team grew on me and I am now of course a diehard.  When we don't play BC, I still root for them, though.  Have a blast at the game!  I'll be sure to send you a DM once my Hokies whoop up on ya ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I am the eggman.

No, you are Captain Underdick.  Captain Underpants' d00sh brother Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

I'm 40 grew up in Quincy, I lived in Southie most of my adult life and started a small business there.  I actually just moved back to Quincy but still work in SB.  Divorced 7 year old daughter. 

I'm amazed how many people on this board don't live in MASS, I guess I'm lucky, I split season tickets with a friend, I've never gone to a practice but make it to 4-6 games a year.... Sometimes not so lucky so of the games a F#R*#ing cold.... 

All you guys that live out of state, I know how passionate you are reading your threads, get to a game once a year, that's what its all about, it's such a great atmosphere.  Would hate to ever move away from that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

I`m from Brazil, and I live in Sao Paulo, I always loved sports, I`m very young 17, and I`m going to college next year to study law. My first game was Pitt vs Cards in the SuperBowl, Man that team was really exciting to watch and I really wanted they to win but they lose. After that I started reading about NFL, and watched the next season but I didn`t have a team to root yet, in 2010 I started to root for the Pats and I`m very happy with the pats in 2011 I become to root to all Boston team and this is my favorite city in the us, I really want to go to Boston one day and watch a Pats game before Brady retires, that`s my history.

I hope you get the chance!

One of the best gifts of my life was my wife getting be tickets to a Pats game. We were 4 rows behind the Pats bench on the 50 yard line.  Got to hear BB yelling at everyone including the Refs.  Just seeing the players interact was so cool within the context of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Moved from the West to Boston back in '95 to study at one of the great Boston area schools. I was a Red Sox fan back then, but with no loyalty to any NFL team. I was ripe for getting into a team and the timing could not be perfect. The '96 Patriots happened and there you go.

I am not back in the West, but by the time I left, I had lived a third of my life there (I worked in that area before leaving). I lived in Back Bay, Beacon Hill (West Cedar, right behind King and I, if it's still there), along Memorial Drive, Brookline Village and Roslindale.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Grew up in NH, mostly Belmont.  Wasn't into the NFL until the area went crazy the season leading up to SB XX.  Couldn't escape the NFL that year lol.  Been a fan since then.  Haven't lived in New England in a looong time.  I've lived in TX, FL, CA, HI, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Germany, and currently live on Whidbey Island in WA.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

I moved to the New England area to to go to college in Cambridge in 1974 and never really left, except for a few years abroad. Married a girl from East Boston, and discovered that I married her entire Irish clan. Very happily (and silently) married for 33 years now with five kids, who are beginning their own lives now and are my pride and joy. We moved to Maryland a few years ago, where I own a business. I am, and always will be, a fanatic Boston sports fan; an admitted homer whose teams can do no wrong, rain or shine. Lucky enough to have seen all my favorite teams play at one time or the other, and a few memorable games as well. I enjoy this forum and the company of strangers who all have at least one thing in common - a shared passion (affliction?) for the Patriots. I can forgive all else.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Born & bred in southern NH. Big Pats fan but a die hard Sox and B's fan. Have lived in Va for the past 24 yrs now. My life now is all about baseball as my son plays H.S. baseball spring and fall along w/ travel. I wish I had time for golf. I miss New England but once I left the cold weather I couldn't go back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

East Somerville. Went to my first Pats game at Fenway. You know back when goal posts were made of wood and looked like an H.

Evil's work computer name ( don't tell the boss )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

I moved to the New England area to to go to college in Cambridge in 1974 and never really left, except for a few years abroad. Married a girl from East Boston, and discovered that I married her entire Irish clan. Very happily (and silently) married for 33 years now with five kids, who are beginning their own lives now and are my pride and joy. We moved to Maryland a few years ago, where I own a business. I am, and always will be, a fanatic Boston sports fan; an admitted homer whose teams can do no wrong, rain or shine. Lucky enough to have seen all my favorite teams play at one time or the other, and a few memorable games as well. I enjoy this forum and the company of strangers who all have at least one thing in common - a shared passion (affliction?) for the Patriots. I can forgive all else.

Where are you in MD?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

fan and season ticket holder (family tickets) since the merger in '70. started going to the games with my parents and brother, continuing the tradition with my wife and kids. splitting time between Attelboro and Narragansett RI, but considering either NYC or West Palm. 2 kids, both in grad school (Harvard and PC), both die hard fans. owned our family business for decades, until I sold it almost 8 years ago. work in spurts, sometimes 4-5 days with 20 hour days...sometimes 5-6 days quiet. will be at the game tonight...hoping the rain holds out.  

Sections
Shortcuts