Who are your favorite nfl analysts/writers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Who are your favorite nfl analysts/writers

i have mike reiss, don banks, peter king, pat kirwan and matt bowen on my radar so far. what do you all think of these guys and who would you add to  the list

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Who are your favorite nfl analysts/writers

no suggestions from the illitterati?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

NFL analysts and writers are not much different than fans.  They DO have their favorites and not so favorites.  Hoge, for example, doesn't really like the Pats, as does Ditka.  To pick out a handful is tough as there are many out there who sound great for a while then go overboard.  Collinsworth, is an example.  In the end, they all are a good chuckle and add background noise, if the set is turned up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Reiss, Kirwan, Brandt and Lombardi are probably the most knowledgeable, but for different reasons. 

Reiss is pretty observant and still honest, so you can tell that he is consistent even if he is wrong, which we all are.

Kirwan is consistently good as is Brandt, mostly because each are former front office guys in the league.  Mike Lombardi is the same. Good, solid angles with substance for support to the premise of the column.

King and Carucci have come down a few notches in recent seasons for me.  King is such a name dropper and bandwagon writer. He always makes the obvious comments and then tells who told him what just to make himself feel important. He's like a little dork in awe of the players and the access he has.  It's almost embarrassing reading how he gushes over the players and front office people he has cell phone numbers for around the league.

I'd put Schefter near the top too, but he's more of a reporter than a football journalist. He'll write a good article from time to time, though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

even though im a phins fan, i really enjoy hearing gino capeletti talk football...ive met him a couple times and is one of the nicest guys around

as far as the national level goes...i dont mind gruden but have a hard time dealing with the vast majority of them

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Kirwan.  Used to like King, he is getting pretty soggy.  I'll have to just stick to Kirwan.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Mike Reiss is OKay for a local and for National I like Boomer and Pat Kirwan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Matt Bowen, National Football Post
    - /> his breakdowns of schemes and techniques are top notch, grade-A football education

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I just got kirwan's new book "take your eyes off the ball" and it appears to be informative- i'll post again if it turns out alright.
    and ron jaworski has a book out soon called games that changed the game that kinda looked interesting

n Response to Re: Who are your favorite nfl analysts/writers:
    [QUOTE]Matt Bowen, National Football Post - /> his breakdowns of schemes and techniques are top notch, grade-A football education
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Keith Olberman

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

When I want news of a league wide scope I usually just go to PFT.  They basically just take everyone else's stories, summarize them and provide a link.  Though I don't usually care for thier comments it is a quick way to find out the NFL news and I can click on the stories that sound interesting.  There's several good people out there but I don't really follow a particular one.  There's so many jornalists that just say something outrageous to get a headline and follow with a unresearched opinion piece. 

I'm sure there was a time when some writers were able to "break" stories and create a following from that but with the speed of media nowadays even if someone breaks a story within 5 minutes a thousand people are reporting what he said so there's really no use in following a particular journalist for catching the latest news. 

For Pats news I go to Reiss, he doesn't seem to just spin a bunch of BS, any news on the Pats is up in his blog within a few minutes of being reported.

I like Bruschi's analysis for the Pats, I don't always agree but I usually learn something when he writes an article.  And sadly, I come here for analysis. The experts don't seem to have any more expertise than alot of other people when it comes to guessing what will happen in a game or much else.  You may have to sift through some coal but there are usually a few insightful gems around here. 

The funny thing is I bookmark this board and I never even look at the sports page of boston.com.  Whenever I have seen their stories (who has the best hair in sports) they have been junk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I like to hear everyones opinions, if they are spewing junk then I switch the channel or change the page. I like how Bruschi has his player perspective in there, which is unique. Gruden is good, Mike Reiss is decent.

I have a problem with the Globe's writers, most of the stuff written pertains more to the Jests of phins then it does to the pats. When it is about the Pats, its always late or poorly written. It almost feels like some of the Globe Writers are Jests/phins fans that got stuck writting for the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Ron Jawarski is excellent when not on Monday night football with the other two bobbleheads.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I take Reiss for all things Pats. King's MMQB just to get his spin, the fact that everyone in the league talks to this guy does give a little insight that most other writers won't get. Kirwan is good. Bowen had those play/package breakdowns and while very informative didn't really seem to keep it going. Last but not least, for my comedic relief its Bill Simmons all the time. The guy, a self admitted homer to all things Pats and Celts, writes with more passion about sports than any other out there. This guy is an actual fan of the game and does not sugarcoat anything. Tells you straight up that he hates all things Jets, Colts....Came up with the term "the Eff you TD" during the Record Shattering 2007 season when he thought Bill had something to prove during SpyGate. I don't know after reading all the analysis and looking at stats and blah blah blah that I do, sometimes it fun to read an article that makes me laugh aloud to myself. Bill Simmons does that for me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

Mike Reiss, Chris Berman, Phil Simms, Troy Aikman. I know Colin Cowherd probably doesn't count since he's more of a radio personality, but I enjoy hearing his analysis a lot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Where is the love for the Hodney Harrison & Tony Dungy duo?  

My favorite analyst is Kurt Warner.  Because he hasn't said anything yet. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: Who are your favorite nfl analysts/writers:
    [QUOTE]Keith Olberman
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Figures.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Chris Collinsworth is tops!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hinkle. Show hinkle's posts

joe buck

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Who are your favorite nfl analysts/writers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are your favorite nfl analysts/writers : Figures.
    Posted by bradleyBliss[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! You beat me to the punch with your response, Brad!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Warren Sapp, Deion, Mooch, Rodney, Dungy and thats probably it for me. 

Gruden/Jaws/Bald fat guy (forgetting his name) are terrible. 

Sections
Shortcuts