WHO BECOMES THE BACKUP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

WHO BECOMES THE BACKUP?

seems obvious bel is going back and forth between o'donnell and walter. curious who u guys are leaning towards!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: WHO BECOMES THE BACKUP?

if they both continue to look like they did this past thurs.i pray neither of them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

o'connell has been tapped to be the future of the Patriots after brady, he knows the system better, is faster, and has a stronger arm.  If his accuracy gets better we will have a more mobile version of Brady.  Lets hope neither has to play but i'm leaning towards O'connell because he has been in the system longer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

O'Connell is #2 and is the successor to Brady. There is absolutely no question about it- don't forget he had a terrible OL at SD state- this guy is very underrated, my guess is BB does not want to show too much of him. O'Connell drove the team upfield EVERY time, last preseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Walter will be the backup this year.  And I think he will be an excellent one--he gets a little better each year, is still young, and has way more experience than O.  Next year may tell another story, because O may be a comer.

And given all the circumstances of Thur's game, he did a very good job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to WHO BECOMES THE BACKUP?:
    [QUOTE]seems obvious bel is going back and forth between o'donnell and walter. curious who u guys are leaning towards!
    Posted by reg122[/QUOTE]

It should be Kevin O'Connell. Andrew Walter blows! Guy couldn't even make the Radiers roster! The games I saw him play for Oakland was far from impressive. O'Connell seems to have some natural talent to him. He is mobile and has a decent arm. With some more work he should be pretty good to back up Brady. Walter's arm is good, just not accurate at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RobertBro. Show RobertBro's posts

It's pretty early to be evaluating Walter since he'd only been with the team for 10 days before the game.  Still, I liked what I saw in terms of his toughness, ability to think on his feet and his decision-making.  I don't think we should pay much attention to his results in Oakland.  He had four different head coaches with four different offensive systems in his time there.  No quarterback can succeed in that situation.  We'll have to see if he can pick up the offense quickly and make his throws accurately and consistently.

I like O'Connell a lot, but my suspicion is that the coaching staff isn't sold that he would be ready to be thrown into full-time action at this point.  Walter may be able to give them a better option with NFL experience.  If they had to start one of them tomorrow I think it would be O'Connell, but I think if it was six weeks from now they're hoping it would be Walter so they can groom O'Connell more slowly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady101. Show Brady101's posts

In Response to Re: WHO BECOMES THE BACKUP?:
    [QUOTE]if they both continue to look like they did this past thurs.i pray neither of them.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I had those same thoughts last year with Cassell, and that turned out all right.  So I guess we'll see.  I go along with most people though, I think it will be O'Connell...he seems to fit nicely into the system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Right now, it's a tossup....at best, Walter was brought in to provide the experience at backup QB that O'C doesn't have and can take the time to get and maybe become TB's successor....at worst, from Walter's perspective, he was brought in to provide a push to O'C to bring up his game to the next level.

If O'C doesn't elevate his game, then O'C's days on the team are counted and he may not be in training camp in 2010; if he elevates his game, then Walter will be gone elsewhere by the end of TC or ride out the season on the pine and then be gone.

Sections
Shortcuts