Who Carried Team Today in Win Vs. Vikings? Offense, Defense, or Special Teams?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Who Carried Team Today in Win Vs. Vikings? Offense, Defense, or Special Teams?

Seems like the defense carried the team today.

Plus, that was a strange set of downs before Law Firm punched it in on 3rd down.  Why two QB keepers? I know they wanted to run off time. I just wanted them to get the 10 pt. lead asap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Who Carried Team Today in Win Vs. Vikings? Offense, Defense, or Special Teams?

defense, but offfense scored all the points. so its even

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Who Carried Team Today in Win Vs. Vikings? Offense, Defense, or Special Teams?

No one.  It was a team victory, just like every week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Team Win, though O started slowly

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Who Carried Team Today in Win Vs. Vikings? Offense, Defense, or Special Teams?:
    [QUOTE]No one.  It was a team victory, just like every week.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

This^

Although I would say that what we saw today is exactly how a defense bends but does not break.

And Law Firm gave the Pats something they have not had in recent memory . . .   a running back who can slam the door.

How awesome was that?

(oh . . .    and Honorable Mention to Brad Childress for being such a collossal dumb@ss all day every day)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Defense and BJGE had 100 yards in the second half

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Who Carried Team Today in Win Vs. Vikings? Offense, Defense, or Special Teams?:
    [QUOTE]

Bubba,

I think BB came out and saw the wind conditions and decided to play conservatively early on...like, you can't win a game in the first half, but you can lose one. He counted on winnning a physical battle, not pretty at first, but with the offense opening up after the Vikes got tired.

Total team victory.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Interception in 3Q set up TD and put us up by 11.

Once we were ahead....offense seemed to settle in a bit and established run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to Who Carried Team Today in Win Vs. Vikings? Offense, Defense, or Special Teams?:
    [QUOTE]Seems like the defense carried the team today. Plus, that was a strange set of downs before Law Firm punched it in on 3rd down.  Why two QB keepers? I know they wanted to run off time. I just wanted them to get the 10 pt. lead asap.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Both sides of the ball played well so I can't really call it. I don't get the 2 qb sneaks either.  Maybe the 1st one I get if they were catching them off guard but the 2nd??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Defense was massive on several 3rd/4th and short situations... but also gave up a lot of plays in the middle, got lucky with Harvin cough-up

I'd have liked to have seen the Pats challenge Moss 1 on 1 with McCourty a few times and allow Merriweather to blitz and try to hit Peterson or Favre a few times rather than giving up 15 over and over

Offense was ugly 1st half, heroic 2nd half with the way they made the 3rd down extra yard plays they needed. The brady to Tate throw was incredible and the direct snap to Wood was perfectly times. Law firm huge.

Overall evenly split team win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Everyone had issues and everyone stepped up when they had to. Hard to judge special teams kicking game with the high winds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE] Plus, that was a strange set of downs before Law Firm punched it in on 3rd down.  Why two QB keepers? I know they wanted to run off time. I just wanted them to get the 10 pt. lead asap.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

BB has done this before (I think against the Jets last year).  He's always working the clock.  One of the things that makes him such a brilliant coach.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The team had contributions from many players at, what seemed, the right time, all the time!  This is one of those games where you could truly say.. "team gets the ball!".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Belichick

He did a masterful job game planning this one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Aren't we missing something here, where's all Leon's, congratulating us on being in first place??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Even the Pimadonna "Knightsailor" deserted

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

It is hard not to like Mesko's 47.5 avg for his punts!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Don't forget the special dunce-cap for one of our favorite morons, Childress, who apparently couldn't decipher a middle finger and a thumbed nose.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

with all the complaining weve been doing about the punting situation the last couple years its a breath of fresh air to have some 1 like mesko.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Three Game Balls I would have handed out would be
    1. Zoltan the Great
    2. BJGE
    3. Mayo

This game was not close in reality the Vikings were given their first 7 points by the officials everyone saw this in the Stadium and from what I understand even Troy Aikman thought the Refs Blew the call! I happened to be hanging in that endzome talking with a friend of mine and I thought they were going to lynch the officials!
    Great game all around. if I had to give it to anyone I guess I would say Defense if you take into account those 7 points they didn't deserve.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Who Carried Team Today in Win Vs. Vikings? Offense, Defense, or Special Teams?:
    [QUOTE]with all the complaining weve been doing about the punting situation the last couple years its a breath of fresh air to have some 1 like mesko.
    Posted by R3S1N20[/QUOTE]
    Well, it's been a while since we had a punter who could kick it more than 20 yards....lol.

Gives BB a little leeway when playing the field position game.