Who Did Jets Get for BB back in 2000?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Who Did Jets Get for BB back in 2000?

The Jets struck a deal with the Patriots to allow Belichick to become Patriots' coach in 2000, after he spit out the Jets job, settling for New England's first-, fourth- and seventh-round choices in 2001 in exchange for Belichick.

Who did the Jets pick up in 2000, or what happened to the picks?

mebbe we can do a Jets-Patriots trivial pursuit question and answer kinda thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Re: Who Did Jets Get for BB back in 2000?

It was a convoluted scenario with the draft picks but if you break it down you could say the Jets got Shaun Ellis by using the 1st round pick we gave them to swing another trade.

12New York Jets (from Carolina through Washington and San Francisco)Shaun EllisDefensive EndTennessee
    13New York Jets (from San Diego through Tampa Bay)John AbrahamDefensive EndSouth Carolina
    14Green Bay PackersBubba FranksTight EndMiami (FL)
    15Denver Broncos (from Baltimore)Deltha O'NealDefensive BackCalifornia
    16San Francisco 49ers (from New England through New York Jets)Julian PetersonLinebackerMichigan State

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Not enough

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Not at all and when you look at the flip side of the coin I believe the Patriots drafted Robert Edwards with the Draft pick that they received for Parcells. Also not enough. You can't put a price on Hall of Fame coaching as one lucky team will find out this year when Cowher hooks up with his new team...IMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Who Did Jets Get for BB back in 2000?:
    [QUOTE]Not enough
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

How do you think BB and the NY media would have coexisted? Now, that'd be a sight to see...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Nobody exists with the NY print media. Lupica, Sherman and the rest of those morons would have found something to prop themselves up higher than the team or coaches.

As a Jet fan; I can say without hesitation - losing BB was the single worst loss in team history.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

the jets got john abraham for thr NE pick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]Robert Edwards was drafted in 1997 (I think) by Pete Carrol. BB had nothing to do with that. He played one year and then blew out his knee. That was well before BB was our coach. Unless you were saying we got a draft pick from the Jets when Parcells left NE for NY????Is that what you meant? Did i read that wrong?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Yup, That was the pick that the Pats received as compensation for Parcells going to the Jets.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]Parcells left after the 1996 season...Edwards was drafted in 1998.  How was he drafted with the pick from teh Jests?  That would have been in the 1997 draft. There's a hole in your logic.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Actually I am wrong after checking.

We got Robert Edwards from a Jets #1 pick that was aquired previously.
    We actually got Andy Katzenmoyer with the Jets pick that was aquired for Parcells in 1999. Here is a breakdown of the compensation for Parcels.
    Katzenmoyer is even worse than Edwards. I wish we had Bellichick picking players back then.

I think the first round pick we got from the Jets and used on Edwards was Compensation for the Jets Signing Curtis Martin after the offseason.

We didn't get the Jets#1 in '97

Despite Parcells claiming the Jets had been given league permission for the consulting agreement, the NFL denied any permission was given, instead having commissioner Paul Tagliabue arrange an agreement between the two sides. The Patriots received third and fourth-round picks in the 1997 NFL Draft, a second-round pick in the 1998 NFL Draft, and a first-round pick in the 1999 NFL Draft in compensation for allowing Parcells to become the Jets' head coach.

12. This post has been removed.